Learn how to use Adobe Illustrator software to make a pie chart (also called a pie chart).
Step 1. Open or create a file in Adobe Illustrator
Click on the yellow and brown application represented by the letters Have framed, then click File in the menu bar on the left of the screen. Then follow one of the two steps below:
- click on New… to create a new file; Where
- click on To open… to add a pie chart to an existing document.
Step 2. Long click and release the Graph tool
It is located near the bottom of the toolbar on the right side.
A drop-down menu will appear to the right of the toolbar
Step 3. Click on the Pie Graph tool
It's near the bottom of the menu.
Step 4. Click on the workspace and drag the cross cursor
Continue to expand to get a square about the size of the pie chart you want to create.
Step 5. Release the mouse
A pie chart now appears, with a dialog box containing the table intended for your data.
Step 6. Enter your data in the table
To do this, click on a cell and type the value to be represented in the diagram. Press Tab ↹ to move to the next cell.
- Each horizontal line represents a single pie chart. If you enter data in a cell other than the first, additional charts will be created.
- Each vertical column represents the data that will create the slices of the pie chart. For example, if you type 30 in the first row of the first column, 50 in the second column, and 20 in the third, you will end up with a chart consisting of three slices of 30%, 50%, and 20%.
- Use the scroll bars at the bottom right of the dialog box to bring up additional cells.
Step 7. Click ☑️ to apply your data to the chart
This is located at the top right of the dialog box.
Step 8. Close the table
If you like the pie chart, close the dialog box by clicking on the cross X (on Windows) or the red dot (on Mac) in the corner of it.
Step 9. Click Apply
The diagram will be created using the data you entered. To change the colors of your graph, follow the steps below.
- Click on the tool Direct selection. It's the light gray pointer at the top right of the toolbar.
- Click on part of your pie chart.
- Click a color in the Color window. Repeat this operation for each slice of the diagram that you want to modify.
- If you don't see the Color window, click Window in the menu bar, then on Color.
- To view all the available colors, click on the menu at the top right of the Color window.