Bread is a great source of simple food that you can craft very early on in a game of Minecraft. Since wheat is easy to find, bread is an essential staple while building and settling your house. It only takes a few harvests to have an almost continuous source of bread for your adventures. The process is the same in all versions, whether you play on a computer, console or mobile device.
Part 1 of 2: growing wheat
Step 1. Get some seeds
It is possible to find wheat in the game, but the most efficient way to have it available all the time is to grow it. To start growing, you need seeds and water. In the console version, the seeds are called wheat seeds.
- To get seeds, break grass or harvest wheat that grows in a village.
- If you don't want to grow wheat and just want to know how to make bread, skip to the next section.
Step 2. Prepare a plot of land
Use a hoe on blocks of grass to plow them into topsoil where you can plant seeds to grow wheat.
- The soil must be 4 blocks or less from a water source to be irrigated. There are many ingenious ways to arrange your farming area to optimize soil irrigation for maximum wheat harvest. Read farming tutorials in Minecraft for tips.
- Consider choosing a plot outside so the plants get enough light.
Step 3. Sow the seeds
Plant them in the blocks of plowed land. Select them in your inventory and right click on the plowed ground to plant them.
Step 4. Wait for the wheat to grow
It must go through 8 stages of growth before it can be harvested. Each stage can take between 5 and 35 min. If you harvest the wheat before the last stage (the one where it turns brown), you will only get seeds.
Step 5. Harvest the wheat
When it's brown, you can harvest it and add it to your inventory. You need 3 sheaves of wheat to make a loaf of bread.
Part 2 of 2: baking bread
Step 1. Get some wheat
If you haven't grown any, you can find some in the chests that are scattered around the game world. You can also harvest plants grown in villages or turn a bale of straw into 9 units of wheat.
Step 2. Use your workbench
Open his manufacturing grid to be able to bake bread. You can make a workbench from 4 blocks of planks.
Step 3. Place the wheat
Place 3 sheaves in a horizontal row on the crafting grid. You can fill any row as long as you place a unit of wheat in each of its spaces.
Step 4. Collect the bread
Add it to your inventory. You now have a loaf. If you team up and eat it, you'll gain 5 hunger points (about 3 shanks in your hunger bar).
- Bread is one of the easiest foods to obtain in Minecraft. After a while, if you have a large enough wheat crop, you will be able to have a constant source of this grain, which will allow you to bake as much bread as you want.
- Carrots and potatoes perform better than wheat when grown, but they are more difficult to find. Therefore, bread is a much easier to obtain staple food.