Making a heart on Facebook is one way to show your love or affection, whether it's for your soul mate, friend, sibling, or just something you love. There are a number of very easy ways to make a heart on Facebook.
Method 1 of 3: Make a simple pink heart
Step 1. Type <3 then press Enter
Once published, the sign <3 will be replaced by a simple pink heart ♥.
Method 2 of 3: Make an emoticon heart
Step 1. Click on the heart-shaped emoticon
Not everyone knows this, but the icons you see below in step 2 are actually hidden emoticons to make a heart.
- If you are using Google Chrome, you will see black squares, if you are using Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari, you will see black hearts.
- All you have to do is copy the square / black heart you want and paste it where you want to express yourself on Facebook.
- When you have posted your comment, the heart or square will turn into a heart icon.
Step 2. Copy and paste the following images
- A beating heart--?
- A broken heart-- ?
- A shining heart--?
- A growing heart--?
- A heart with an arrow--?
- A blue heart--?
- A green heart--?
- A yellow heart--?
- A red heart - ❤️
- A purple heart -?
- A heart with a ribbon--?
Method 3 of 3: Use more traditional techniques
Step 1. Use the special characters in your PC
You will have access to many symbols, like hearts, skulls, stars and more. Open a text document open Special characters and copy and paste the chosen symbol.
- Under Windows XP, Windows 7 or Windows 8 you can also open the menu Special characters going in All programs - → Accessories - → System tools - → Special characters.
Step 2. On a Mac, use Show Characters
Click on the icon See characters in the menu bar and choose the symbol of your choice.
- For example, you will see black and white heart pictograms. Click on the one of your choice and a list of variations will appear on the right.
- Right click on the heart of your choice and copy it.
- Paste it in Facebook and erase the other information, leaving only the heart.
Step 3. Use the alt = "Image" codes on a PC
This technique works on most Windows computers. Hold the keys Alt and 3 and when you post your status or talk to someone, the heart will appear.