It's easy to delete a Facebook business page regardless of your reason for doing so. You can operate either on the site itself or using Facebook's mobile app. Choose the most appropriate method, but in either case, you must be an administrator of the page to be able to delete it.
Method 1 of 2: Use the Facebook site
Step 1. Log into your Facebook account
To delete a Facebook business page, you must be its administrator and be logged in to your personal Facebook account.
- Go to the Facebook home page and enter your email address and password in the fields provided, located at the top right corner, then click on Log in to access your account.
Step 2. Navigate to the page you want to close
Click on the page link to access it. You can find its link in the panel to the left of the news feed.
Step 3. Go to settings
If you are the page administrator, you will see a menu bar at the top. If you don't see this bar, it means that you were unable to access the page settings, and you will not be able to remove it.
- Click on the tab Settings in the upper left corner of the page. Thus, you will reach the section General parameters. The other options will be listed in the panel on the left, from top to bottom.
Step 4. Initiate the removal process
To permanently delete the page, you must first temporarily delete it for 14 days.
- In the section General, look for the option Delete page down. Click on To modify in the lower right corner, near the option Delete page. A link labeled Delete your page will appear at the bottom with a message regarding the restore period you have available. This means that if you want, you can restore the page before the 14 day deadline. After this period, the page will be permanently deleted from Facebook.
Step 5. Permanently close the page
After the 14-day period, the link Delete definitely will be activated. Access the page settings again and click on the option To modify near Delete page.
- Click on Permanently delete your page and a dialog box will appear to confirm the deletion.
- Click on To delete in the dialog box and a message Your page has been deleted will appear. Click on OK in the lower right corner of the message to be redirected to the list of pages you administer.
Method 2 of 2: Use the Facebook app
Step 1. Launch Facebook
Find the Facebook app on your home screen or in the apps menu and select it to open it.
Step 2. Log into your account
Enter your email address and password in the fields for this purpose then press Log in to access your account.
Step 3. Navigate to the business page you want to delete
Tap the icon of the three horizontal bars to the right of the header. This will open the menu list. All of the business pages you administer will be listed under your profile name.
Tap the name of the page you want to delete
Step 4. Go to the page settings
On the business page, tap More in the upper right corner to access the page settings.
Step 5. Delete the page
Scroll down the settings page and press Delete page. The page will be temporarily deleted, and after 14 days you can permanently delete it.
- After this time, return to the link Delete page in the page settings. Press on Delete page and a dialog box will appear on your screen for confirmation. Press on OK to permanently delete the page.
- If you delete a business page, you cannot create a new one with the same URL.
- After the 14 day deadline, you can no longer restore a page that you have permanently deleted.
- If you want to learn more about how to delete a Facebook business page, visit the Facebook help page.