With Facebook you have the possibility of finding friends that you had lost sight of a long time ago or whose contacts you no longer had. All you need to do is log into your account and send them an invitation.
Method 1 of 2: Use the Facebook app on your smartphone
Step 1. Open Facebook
Step 2. Access your account
If you have already done so, go to the next step. On the other hand, if this is not yet the case, enter your e-mail address (or your mobile phone number) and your password in the text box reserved for this purpose. Then tap Sign In.
Step 3. Open the profile of the one you want to invite as a friend
There are several ways to find someone's profile.
- Tap the input field (or magnifying glass) at the top of your screen, then type in the person's name, email address, or phone number.
- Enter the person's name in a post or in a comment to access their profile.
- Tap the ☰ icon in the lower right corner of the screen, and then tap Friends. Thus, you will see the list of your current friends or can click on Contacts, To research Where Suggestions to find other friends you might recognize.
- Open your friends' friends list and tap a person's name to open their profile.
Step 4. Tap Add
You will see this button below the person's name and profile photo or next to the person's name in To meet friends. Thus, a request will be immediately sent to your friend and you will receive a notification as soon as it is accepted.
- If you don't see Add, the person you were trying to add won't accept requests from those they don't have mutual friends with.
- If you change your mind about a request that has already been made to someone, you have the option to cancel it. To do this open the person's profile and tap Remove from friends list.
Method 2 of 2: Use Facebook on a browser
Step 1. Go to https://www.facebook.com in your browser
Step 2. Go to your Facebook account
To do this, you will first need to enter your email address (or mobile phone number) and password in the text fields located in the upper right corner of the page, then click Login. If it's already done, skip this step.
Step 3. Find the profile of a person to add as a friend
There are several ways to find your friends on Facebook:
- Click on the person's name in a post or in a comment to access their profile.
- Search for the person's name, email or phone number using the search bar at the top of the page.
- Click on the icon friends. This icon is represented by the heads of two people located near the upper right corner of the screen. Then click Find Friends to see the list of people you might know.
- Review the friend list of one of your friends by clicking on the tab Friends located in the upper center of the screen. Then click on one of them to see their profile.
Step 4. Click Add
If you're on someone's profile, you'll see this button in the lower right corner of their profile picture. After that, the request will be sent immediately.
- If you don't see this button, the person you were trying to add won't accept requests from those they don't have mutual friends with.
- To cancel the request sent to someone, go to and click View sent invitations then click on Cancel Request located next to the person's name.
- If you don't know in person who you wanted to send the request to, you can introduce yourself first by sending them a message.
- No notification will be sent to you if no one accepts your request. However, you will see “friend request sent” and not “Add” when you visit their page.