It can happen that you have to read a book that you don't like for many reasons, the most common being a book for school …
Part 1 of 5: estimate the work
Step 1. You know you have to read it
You know when, but now, you can't decide!
Step 2. Leaf through the book and see how many pages it has
Is it written in big, small? Is the writing spaced or en bloc? All these criteria are to be noted in the corner of your mind.
Step 3. Then think about it
On average, you read so many pages per hour … But it is written very small, it will take longer …
Estimate the time the reading would take, by rounding up numbers. For example, 70 pages in 1 hour, for a book written normally. Since it is 250 pages, the whole thing would last almost 4 hours
Part 2 of 5: Prepare
Step 1. Make a little schedule
- Is the book to be read for Monday? Start a week before. Tell yourself that you will read 20 minutes every school night, or 1 h 15; 45 minutes on Wednesdays, after your homework and 1 hour on Saturday and Friday mornings, when you hang out in your room listening to music.
- Write it down and make yourself follow it in every way you can imagine!
- Monday ► 20 min, before sleeping
- Tuesday ► 20 min, before sleeping
- Wednesday ► 45 min, after homework, between 3 a.m. and 4 a.m.
- Thursday ► 20 min, before sleeping
- Friday ► 20 min, before sleeping
- Saturday ► 1 hour, after preparing, 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Sunday ► 1 hour, after getting ready, 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Part 3 of 5: Before You Read
Step 1. It's okay, it's Monday, you have to get started
.. «Frérooot! ! ! Are you coming to watch TV with me? »You gripe, you want to let it go… You say to yourself" I will do it tomorrow… " NO.
Step 2. You can play some music in the background or not, some people hate that
Put it very low, so that you only hear the melody, not the lyrics, prefers instrumental music. Go to your bed, close your door, turn on the light (it's very annoying to have to get up to turn it on…), take 3 candies that you eat every 10 minutes and read…
Part 4 of 5: While reading
Step 1. Read, read and read
Stop at the end of a chapter and if you really hate it, walk around for two minutes and start over.
Part 5 of 5: after reading
Step 1. It's not that “bad” after all
Well, sometimes if… But other times, if the book is not brilliant, it is simply good, because it is well written and pleasant to read.