If you are interested in the paranormal and the supernatural, you might consider expanding your focus and making it a hobby by becoming a ghost hunter. Read on to learn some basic rules and tips and why you need this information. It will definitely help you explore this highly controversial hobby.
Step 1. Try to find one or more assistants
You need supervision to verify the operation of the equipment as well as an visual witness if a supernatural event occurs.
Step 2. Obtain some basic ghost hunting gear with the following items
- A camera is the first thing a ghost hunter has. A 5 megapixel camera is a good choice. The better the resolution, the more detail you will be able to see in your shots.
- You need a good digital tape recorder to record electronic voice phenomena. The biggest brands of digital display tape recorders offer models of all prices ranging from 30 to several hundred euros. Again, try to have the most efficient model possible within your means, because the higher the price, the better the sound recording performance will be.
- Ghost hunter paraphernalia is not entirely high tech and does not necessarily require batteries. A simple pencil and paper are equally important to any investigation. Keep notes of the results given by your equipment, a summary of your experiences and even of your feelings.
- Have a small, but powerful flashlight that fits easily in a pocket. Nowadays you can have a small twenty centimeter torch equipped with an LED (Light Emitting Diode) that emits an excellent spectrum of light.
- If items in your gear like your camera require batteries, have rechargeable batteries available and make sure they are fully charged before you go on a ghost hunt. You might even consider having extra batteries and charging them too. Many ghost hunters have noticed (and found it annoying) that haunted places tend to drain the batteries; even brand new batteries seem to drain quickly.
- Devices for measuring electromagnetic fields are also very popular with ghost hunters who believe that the presence or movements of ghosts can disturb or otherwise disturb these fields.
- Paranormal investigators are using thermal scanners to detect "cold spots" on the theory that the presence of ghosts robs the surrounding air of energy or heat.
- You can try to detect ghost movement using a motion detector. These gadgets are often used to keep the home safe, but the ghost hunter can turn them on to possibly detect movement of something the eyes cannot see.
- Always have emergency supplies on hand. You cannot know when these types of events are happening.
Step 3. Find a haunted place
Make sure you have obtained permission before entering private property otherwise you will be charged with illegal trespassing.
Step 4. Visit the site and investigate
You might want to take photos, record sounds, and take notes of anything that is unusual to you. Find out as much as possible about where you are going, as this will allow you to identify someone if a face, body, or both appear in a photo. It might help you identify someone's voice, even if it was picked up on a digital tape recorder.
Step 5. Compare your notes from your experiences with those of your assistant, but also online with other Ghostbusters and see if that means anything to them
Some ghost hunters have experienced unusual or rare encounters with these supernatural forces.
- If you feel observed or feel a very cold or hot current or anything unusual, you should record it on video or photograph it so that you can analyze it later to see if it is truly supernatural.
- Be aware that not every place you choose to visit is necessarily haunted, and you might not find evidence of paranormal activity every time you look for one.
- If you really have evidence of something supernatural, don't be too impatient. After all, you would like to see more, right?
- If you or someone else couldn't handle a supernatural first place, you may or may not get there again.
- If you happen to feel something pass near you, but are unable to see it, it is probably a ghost.
- If you or someone else feels sick or nauseous at a ghost hunting site, they should tell others before it gets worse.
- You run the risk of being attacked by unknown forces, which is nothing unusual. Many ghost hunters and the supernatural have lived it.
- You also run the risk of being spellbound by certain places. Stay calm if this happens, no matter how unsettling it is. This is just one of the many ways ghosts find to communicate with the living.