Sometimes it is difficult to know that a person loves us. If you seem to like a girl, there are some things you can do to determine if she likes you more than a friend. You just need to watch her body language, as eye contact and open posture are signs of flirting. In addition, you can find out if you have good, positive and enthusiastic interactions, whether physical or through text messages and social media, to make sure that you are interested.
Part 1 of 3: Interpreting Your Body Language
Step 1. See if she makes eye contact
If she likes you, she's very likely to pay you a lot of attention. One way to know she is is to see if she is looking you in the eye when you speak. In other words, if she likes you, she will try to make eye contact during your conversation.
- If you find that she is staring at you longer than other people, you may be interested in her.
- You may notice that she looks you in the eye for a few seconds, then looks away (for example, your chest) and stares you in the eye again. Be aware that this is a more intimate type of eye contact that could be a sign that you are attracting him.
- Also see if she's looking at you when you're not directly interacting with her. For example, during the break, do you see her observing you from a distance? If so, know that it is a good sign!
Step 2. See if it hits you first
When we find someone attractive, we always tend to touch them. You may notice that she is making excuses to get physically closer to you.
- For example, she may come and sit next to you so that your legs touch each other as you speak. Or, she might kiss you to greet you or say goodbye to you.
- She may also find excuses to touch you. For example, she might rub your shoulder and say it was to get rid of dirt.
- You may also notice that she is leaning towards you during your conversations.
Step 3. See if she mimics your gestures
People often tend to imitate the body language and gestures of people they like. Watch her when you interact with her and notice if she mimics your body language.
- Try to compare your posture with his. If you lean back with your legs crossed, see if she is doing something similar. If so, chances are you are interested in it.
- Watch her to see if she is imitating any of your ways. For example, if you are used to gesturing a lot when speaking, you might notice that she does the same.
Step 4. Listen carefully to the tone of his voice
If a girl is interested in you, she'll probably look happy and excited to see you and talk to you. You may also notice changes in his voice. In fact, girls often tend to have a higher pitch when they like someone. So listen carefully to her voice to determine if it is a little louder when she speaks to you.
Step 5. Look for an open posture
In fact, it is also a sign that indicates an attraction. People often adopt an open attitude to appear receptive to people they find attractive. More specifically, if she has arms outstretched (not crossed), legs parallel or slightly extended, know that she is interested in you. She might also make relaxed eye contact, meaning she can stare at you and wander her eyes every now and then.
- If her body is completely turned towards you, know that this is also a sign of flirtation.
- However, keep in mind that some people are nervous about interacting with people they like, which can prevent them from feeling comfortable and having an open posture. If she crosses her arms or leans back, try to identify other signs like her tone of voice to see if she's interested in you. Keep in mind that there are no single signs that will let you know that she likes you or not.
Part 2 of 3: Pay attention to physical interactions
Step 1. See if she compliments you
If a girl likes you, she's likely to shower you with praise. We often tend to idealize someone we love. In other words, we see its qualities with greater intensity. Therefore, she'll probably compliment you a lot more often if you're interested.
- She could comment on your clothes, your personality and your tastes.
- She might also do the compliments during your conversations. For example, if you tell her that you have soccer practice in the afternoon, she might compliment you on your athletic ability.
Step 2. Think about the questions she asks you
If a girl likes you, she'll probably try to get to know you better. During conversations, pay attention to the questions she asks you to gauge her interest.
- If she's interested in you, she'll ask deeper questions instead of sticking to the basics.
- For example, instead of saying something like, “Do you have any siblings? She might say something like "are you close to your family? "
Step 3. See if she's paying attention to you
When we love someone, we pay attention to their needs. For example, she may offer you a scarf or a coat if it is cold. She may also ask you often how you are doing or how you are feeling.
She will also be attentive during conversations. For example, if a girl is interested in you, she is very unlikely to focus on her phone while you are talking to her because she will be interested in what you say to her
Step 4. See if she laughs
If a girl is interested in you, she will tend to exaggerate your qualities. So it is very likely that she laughs at all your jokes, even if they are not that funny. If you find that she laughs a lot during your conversations, it's likely that she likes you.
Part 3 of 3: Evaluate Indirect Interactions
Step 1. Pay attention to interactions
More specifically, you will need to monitor the interactions you have on social media. How often does she interact with you on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram? If she likes you, she is very likely to pay you a lot of attention through these channels.
- Does she comment a lot on your posts? Does she like all of your photos on Instagram or Facebook and does she like retweeting your tweets?
- Pay attention to the way she comments. Do you feel like she's trying to impress you a bit? Are their comments more detailed than those of others? Is she trying to make you laugh? If so, know that he likes you.
Step 2. See if she sends you text messages frequently
If a girl likes you, she's probably going to text you more often than other people. There's a good chance she's texting you throughout the day asking how you are doing and keeping up to date with what she's up to.
- If she sends you lots of selfies, photos, and talks about what she's doing, then she certainly likes you!
- How quickly does she respond to your messages? If you are interested, she will respond quickly.
Step 3. Pay attention to nighttime communications
If she texts you at night, especially before bed, know that she probably thinks of you a lot. For example, she might write something like “good night” every night before going to bed.
Step 4. Pay attention to emoticons
If she uses emoticons a lot, you'll need to take them into account. Flirtatious emojis like smiles, hearts and flashing faces can be a sign of attraction.