Don't let yourself be manipulated. Manipulators are usually women who expect a certain posh lifestyle and who will manipulate others to get what they want. You could only be a pawn in their complicated relationship game. If you want to know if a girl you spend time with is manipulating you, you need to learn to recognize the main warning signs, and to negotiate that relationship safely.
Part 1 of 2: Recognize the characteristics of the manipulator
Step 1. She expects a luxurious lifestyle
They are generally characterized by their longing for an opulent life financed by a variety of men who compete for her favor. If she seems to be particularly obsessed with material possessions and her status, that might not mean anything about the relationship, but also that this girl is manipulating you. Look for some warning signs to know if she's more materialistic or just bad-tempered.
- She refuses to share the bill.
- She wants you to take her to expensive places from the start.
- She makes fun of the waiters and employees.
- She refuses to use certain amenities such as public transportation.
- She tells you how spoiled she is or how much she would like to be.
- She seems to care about her appearance or yours.
- She doesn't seem to do anything to earn the money she has.
- She doesn't seem to care about the money she spends.
- She often has expensive clothes or handbags, and she has a lot of necklaces or earrings.
Step 2. She has a lot of admirers
The manipulator sometimes needs a large network of admirers, friends, suitors or lovers. She uses these admirers to help her financially and to feel good about herself. If she's surrounded by boys on a regular basis and uses them for attention and affection, you might be just one of many.
- Manipulators use their friends as potential suitors while exploiting the kindness shown to them by their friends. They often use their massive social network to create a sort of web of seduction to attract men.
- They will often brag about all the men they have rejected and their very "limited" availability.
Step 3. She talks badly about other women
Manipulators will often see other women as competitive rather than potential friends. If a girl regularly criticizes other girls you know or strangers on the street based on their appearance, that is not a good sign. If a girl is jealous every time you hang out with other women, including your friends, coworkers, or even family members, that's not a good sign either.
Step 4. She is only available to be with you on rare occasions
Manipulators date a lot of men at the same time. If you're worried that she might be cheating on you, you might get a better idea if she isn't available to see you at different times of the day. If a girl seems to be extremely busy socially and if she is not free during the week for you to meet, it could be a sign that she is meeting a lot of other men as well.
- Give him a test. If you have made an appointment, call her and try to move the time for that appointment to see if she can change it. If she's really offended, that's not a good sign. At the same time, if she does this regularly to you, it could mean that she is meeting other boys.
- If you've only had a few dates, she is still allowed to hang out with whoever she wants. Try to remember that it's okay to put your cards on the table and have an open conversation with her instead of getting upset about her other dates.
Step 5. She pouted
A pout is a classic sign of emotional manipulation and immaturity. Adults can take disappointment and rejection calmly and are able to work through them without breaking down. Manipulators act like little girls. If you're dating a girl who's having a freak because she can't get the table she wants at the restaurant or because she couldn't find tickets to a show she wanted to see, you don't. is not a good sign.
There is a difference between getting upset over something serious and pouting over something trivial. You cannot expect someone to be happy all the time, which is why you should try to differentiate between the two situations
Step 6. She has difficulty communicating constructively
Manipulators don't want to have serious, deep, or emotional conversations with you. They want to use you for what you are worth before they move on. If you've been dating this kind of girl for a while, and you've never had a real conversation, it could be a sign that she's manipulating you, if it happens along with other clues exposed in this article..
- Try to take a test. Decide that you want to talk to her about the future, your childhood, or some other serious topic. If she sounds interested in strengthening your emotional connection, great. Otherwise, it could just mean you're dating a superficial girl.
- Sometimes the manipulators might also "recite" dialogues that are usually no longer than an hour during your dates. If she doesn't have anything interesting to say after a while, that could indicate that she is rather uninteresting.
Step 7. It goes from hot to cold
It might not be obvious whether she likes you or not, it could be a manipulation technique. If she shows you warmth and love before you pull it off, this is a great technique for getting a boy to want more. If she looks like she can't live without you before treating you like a stranger two minutes later, that is a sign that she is manipulating you.
When you see yourself or chat with her, sometimes she will do just enough to make you feel special and make you languish. She might do things to make amends for her absences before continuing the same behavior, ignoring your calls and messages
Part 2 of 2: Dating with manipulators
Step 1. Be clear about your expectations of the relationship
There are many types of relationships, and it's your job to make sure you're both on the same page when starting a new one. If you are dating a girl and you don't want to date other girls at the same time, don't assume that is what she is going to do. Clearly explain your desires and respect his.
- What do you want to get from this relationship? If you want someone who you can spend several times a week with and who you feel an emotional connection with, why do you care? If you want a serious, monogamous relationship, tell her so early on.
- If you don't like his answer, don't try to change it or change yourself. Just end the relationship. There are many people you can date. Don't get stuck on someone you aren't compatible with.
Step 2. Communicate openly
Communication is the most important part of a relationship. If you think the girl you're dating could be cheating on you, discuss exclusive relationships with her. Discuss a serious relationship with her. Tell her that you don't feel like you are as close to her as you would like.
- If you're not sure how you should approach the subject, for example, you could say, "Where do you want this relationship to go? If you get a vague answer, try to force a more specific answer. If she tells you that she wants a monogamous relationship, but if she behaves differently, talk to her.
- If you don't like her response or if her behavior doesn't match what she says, end the relationship. You are not helpless in this situation.
Step 3. Pay attention to your wallet
You can't buy love. If the girl you're dating makes her presence dependent on what you can buy her, you're in a bad position. If you suspect the girl you're dating is dating because of your money, avoid overspending when dating. Watch his reaction.
- If she stops calling you, tell yourself you're in luck. You've freed yourself from someone who only loved you for your money. If the relationship improves, go down this path and try to change your relationship to money on dates.
- Don't talk to her about your personal finances and stay away from girls who ask you about your salary. A girl who makes it clear that she wants something is probably a manipulator.
- Don't try to find clues about a girl after your money. If it really is, it will show as the nose in the middle of the face! Most people will be happy with an invitation to dinner. That doesn't necessarily mean there is a problem. However, there is a problem if she is obsessed with gifts and material goods.
Step 4. Take Care in Your Privacy
The attraction is as much emotional as it is sexual. Many manipulators understand that sexual attraction plays an important role in manipulating a boy. Even though they are all different and all sex is different, it is very important that you have safe sex, especially if you are not sure if you are the only man she meets.
Step 5. Watch for signs of his infidelity
Manipulators are often unfaithful to avoid focusing on one boy. This strategy keeps them from falling in love and helps them avoid developing overly serious relationships. Always talk openly about your expectations in the relationship and decide on terms for each other.
Some people have open relationships that can sometimes work. Whatever the case, the two of you need to be on the same page
Step 6. End the relationship if necessary
Relationships are not made to be based on conditions. If you feel like this girl is spending her time with you because you have money or other services you provide, stop meeting with her. There is nothing wrong with a relationship that keeps you from thriving or leads nowhere. Get out of it now before it gets worse.
- They will use manipulative techniques, such as jealousy games, to make you jealous and to increase their value by making you believe that they are being courted by many men.
- Their web of seduction is one of many tools female manipulators use to capture the best possible male candidate. They will then use manipulation techniques using their power, your weaknesses, your bondage, your guilt or your jealousy.
- They don't keep their promises.
- They prefer their friends and hobbies to you.