Whatever means you have, you can always learn to improve your style. Learn how to dress like you have so much money you don't know what to do with it, how to prepare yourself and choose clothes that will help you look stylish and sophisticated. You can also learn to behave like a rich man to perfect your look.
Part 1 of 3: Dress like a rich man
Step 1. Buy clothes that fit you well
The most obvious sign of wealth is not in flashy clothes of a certain brand or style, it is in well-cut clothes. If you want to look rich, you need to make sure that your clothes fit on you as if they were designed for your body. Your clothes should conform to your shapes and enhance your figure, whether it's casual or more formal.
- Clothing purchased in department stores has extremely variable sizes, as it is made by machines. Two pairs of pants that are the same size could actually look quite different. Try on at least three pairs of your size to find one that fits you.
- Spend a little more time when shopping to make sure the clothes you buy fit well. Even if you really like a shirt, skirt, or pair of pants, don't buy it if it doesn't look good on you.
Step 2. Buy some quality clothes
But, you can fill your wardrobe with cheaper clothes. If you want to save money while looking like you're spending a lot on clothes, shop smart. You can spend a lot of money on brand name or designer clothes that you wear with cheaper clothes to make your ensemble look like you cost a lot.
- Save for a few months if you want to buy yourself an expensive pair of shoes, but be sure to buy clothes that will go well with your shoes at cheaper fashion stores.
- You are better off spending your money on clothes than on accessories because they will look flashy and pretentious if you wear them with cheap clothes.
- Obviously, you should take advantage of the discounts whenever the opportunity arises. If you can find designer jeans at a low price, you can spend more money on valuable clothes to furnish your wardrobe.
Step 3. Remove the tags from your clothes
Expensive designer clothes do not display their brand in a conspicuous manner. If you want to look like you have a well-stocked bank account, don't turn into a clothing brand sandwich man. Choose clean, sophisticated clothes.
Even trendy brands like Coach, Fendi, Dolce & Gabbana and others could place their logos in a prominent way. Even though these are expensive brands, they are not a sign of wealth. Better that you have a wardrobe that is stocked with clothes that fit you well of mysterious origin, than a single Coach handbag that cost you a fortune
Step 4. Put on your thirty-one when you can
If you just want to look rich, you have to look like you're going to some important place. A board meeting? A select dance club? A yacht club? A ceremony with a red carpet? Every day, you should find an excuse to dress stylishly.
- Men should frequently wear certain items of clothing such as pastel-colored cardigans, pressed cotton t-shirts, pleated pants, and tight-fitting jackets. Forget about shorts, don't wear them for any reason.
- Women can wear skirts, dresses and ballet flats, when possible, if you want to have a rather "old France" look, but you can also wear a pair of trendy jeans, a scarf or a shirt with flats. reasons to look like a movie star. Just avoid jogging.
Step 5. Buy clothes made from natural fabrics
The fabrics you choose should all be natural, as much as possible. Read labels when shopping for clothes and choose cotton, cashmere, silk, linen, wool or any other natural material instead of synthetic materials. If you choose fabric blends, prefer blends made from natural materials.
Step 6. Make sure to wear well-ironed and clean clothes
It is important to have good clothes, but it is even more important to have clothes in good condition and well maintained. Wash your clothes according to the directions on the label and allow them to air dry to keep them in good condition. Dry clean fine fabrics and iron your clothes before wearing.
- The more you wash certain clothes, the more they wear out. Iron your clothes and fold them properly between each use, so you don't have to wash them too frequently.
- Wool, pile and silk should be dry cleaned. You can wash cotton and cashmere at home.
Step 7. Dress for the weather
You need to make sure to dress well, but also to dress in accordance with the weather. Don't get caught in the rain with the wrong clothes and always be prepared for sudden changes in the weather, depending on the season you dressed for.
- Follow the fashion magazines to know the fashions of the season, to be able to prepare yourself for the fashions which come.
- People who dress old France like to layer clothes. So put on sweaters, overcoats, or similar outfits when it's cooler.
Step 8. Spend money on your shoes
Shoes make the costume and you can use them in so many ways, which is why it is a part of your wardrobe that you can spend more money on. Buy yourself at least a pair of good shoes and other types of good shoes for more intense use.
- For men, buy a pair of traditional, stylish dress shoes or moccasins. The Beatles ankle boots are also stylish and look expensive. Leather is the most important element here.
- For women, classic ballerinas can be a great choice.
- Keep your shoes clean at all times. Remove them when you are inside and polish them regularly to keep them looking just like when you took them out of the box. In fact, keep the box and store your shoes in it.
Step 9. Wear discreet accessories
Jewelry can be a trap. A few jewelry can make you look rich, but too much jewelry makes you look showy. Rather think Jay-Z instead of Trinidad James or Queen Elizabeth rather than Snooki. You will look richly elegant with some jewelry.
- If you can't afford real jewelry, stick with it. Instead of buying a real Cartier watch, do what many wealthy people do and instead buy a simple, inexpensive Timex with a basic black leather strap, a small and unobtrusive watch.
- It is difficult to identify fake pearls, which is why it is a great choice if you cannot afford a diamond necklace.
Step 10. Find trendy or unusual accessories
It is true that a handbag or a branded wallet is quite pretty. But try to find something neutral or retro instead. A fashionable item is by definition a fashion, which the old France people hate. It should be well made and made of leather, even if it is not branded and choose simple designs.
- Choose classic or quilted handbags. Nothing avant-garde and nothing that looks like the Balenciaga Lariat or the Chloe Paddington. However, if you want to impress the nouveau riche, you are going to have to buy some trendy things.
- You can also rent designer accessories from different stores, so you can save money and look rich.
Part 2 of 3: Take care of your appearance
Step 1. Wash yourself daily
By showering regularly, you are communicating to others that you are taking care of yourself and that you have the time and resources to devote to your appearance. Wash yourself well every day and take the time to clean yourself.
- Use a loofah to exfoliate your skin while you're in the shower. Get rid of dead cells to thoroughly cleanse your skin and keep it healthy.
- Take two showers if you are exercising. Once in the morning and once when you come back from the squash court. Don't let the sweat get stuck.
- Use moisturizing lotion and soap on your skin to keep it looking shiny and healthy after you shower.
Step 2. Go to the hairdresser at least every 2 to 3 weeks
If you are mindful of your budget, the hairdresser is one of the first expenses you have to pay. Get a nice haircut from a hairstylist you trust once or twice a month. Get rid of your split ends and keep a trendy cut to highlight your face.
- Men should have neat hairstyles and a well-trimmed mustache or beard. Beards and mustaches must be trimmed with precision and extremely fine.
- Women should have tasteful and trendy cuts with color and shine in their hair. The hair color should look natural and the strands should also look natural, as if you came back from the beach.
- Learn how to cut your own hair if you want to save money.
Step 3. Use natural makeup colors
A rich woman's makeup should be natural, using neutral colors and a soft foundation. Don't put on too much eyeliner or false eyelashes. Wear tasteful makeup.
- Take good care of your skin. Rich women have perfect skin. Natural skin color makes you look better. No sunburn, so wear sunscreen, even if a tan makes everyone look better.
- Lipstick is also a classic attribute of wealthy women. It is always in good taste.
Step 4. Take care of your nails
Manicures don't have to cost you a lot of money to make a difference in your appearance. Clean your nails regularly and get manicures in beauty salons. Short nails are stylish, and make you look rich, but long nails tend to make you look cheap and artificial. Cut your nails square to get a perfect look.
- Men should also treat themselves to a manicure from time to time to keep their nails and cuticles in good condition. You will look richer if you take the time to trim your nails to keep them strong and healthy.
- Learn how to clean your nails yourself and take care of your cuticles to save money.
Step 5. Use whitening toothpaste
Dental care can be expensive. The better you take care of your teeth on your own, the better off you'll look and the less money you'll need to spend to get there. Floss daily, use alcohol-free mouthwashes to keep breath fresh, and brush your teeth twice a day with whitening toothpaste. Give yourself a million dollar smile.
White teeth are not necessarily a sign of healthy teeth, but they still make you look better than if they were stained or yellow. Avoid drinking too much tea or coffee, using tobacco, and keep your teeth as white as possible
Step 6. Choose a scent that suggests wealth
Both men and women should wear a small amount of subtle and sophisticated perfume. Woody and floral scents are always sought after, while sweeter scents tend to communicate that you are young and have bought your perfume at the supermarket.
- You don't have to break the bank to buy yourself a reasonable perfume that smells expensive, even if high-end perfumes are rather expensive. Wait until you see promotions at your favorite store and save to buy yourself a perfume you like. In general, you should avoid brand-new perfumes that bear a celebrity's name.
- Men should wear cologne in the crook of their wrists and below the jawline. Women should wear perfume in the crook of their wrists, elbows, below their jawline, and behind their ears.
Part 3 of 3: Behave like a rich man
Step 1. Go outside and be seen
You should put new restaurants, clubs, and other hot spots in your city on your go-out list. The rich love to go out and go to the newer and more fashionable places to be you there, as well as to get a feel for the place. If you want to appear rich, try to get to all the places that have just opened and make your reservation as early as possible.
- Subscribe to trendy restaurant distribution lists or follow them on social media to find out in advance what fashions and specialties they offer.
- Opening nights should be your evenings. You need to make sure you go there when it's still a hot topic, not after everyone has been there. Be the first.
Step 2. Follow basic etiquette
Wealth is accompanied by elegance. If you want to behave like you have a lot of money, you have to use good manners at all times. Even if you are waiting in line at the post office, you need to make sure you have an elegant demeanor.
- Eat more slowly and chew with your mouth closed. Take your time and enjoy your food instead of swallowing it quickly.
- Stay calm and avoid raising your tone of voice when you are upset. Learn to speak calmly and in a steady tone, even if someone is upsetting you.
- Stay straight and keep your chin up. Great posture, whether sitting or standing, is a sign of wealth.
Step 3. Learn more about expensive brands
Knowledge of affluent brands can show others that you have the money, even if you don't own any of the accessories you are talking about. Rich people know a lot about the following brands.
- Clothing designers like Gucci, Dior, Burberry, Chanel, Dolce & Gabbana, Fendi, Coach and Louis Vuitton.
- Car brands like Lamborghini, Alfa Romeo, Aston Martin, Bentley, BMW, Bugatti, Cadillac, Jaguar, Maserati and Ferrari.
- Other local brands like restaurants and chefs, designers, artists and architects. Rich people should know the notables of their city.
- Articulate well. Speak slowly and lower the volume of your voice to speak clearly and articulate the words you say.
Step 4. Find rich hobbies
The rich have the hobbies of the rich. Although some of these activities can be expensive, if you want others to think that you have money without spending it, you can learn to practice these hobbies by reading the following articles or topics to sound like it. a professional:
- good restaurants;
- the horse riding;
- the Polo.
Step 5. Stay informed
Rich people are often educated in a private school, which is why you need to stay informed about the world around you. Brush up on your general knowledge, but don't go overboard about your upbringing or brag about being an expert. Stay informed by checking out the following periodicals that wealthy people also check, such as:
- Wall Street Journal;
- The Robb Report;
- Tributary Traveler;
- The New Yorker;
- The Economist.
Step 6. Travel
Wealth allows people to spend their money on travel. In general, very wealthy people traveled all over the world and had time to visit exotic new destinations.If you want to look rich, travel and fill up on miles.
- Try to go and visit less touristy places. All tourists go to Majorca. Try Mauritius instead.
- If you can't afford exotic places in Asia, pretend. Google searches for exotic places and post the photos on social media. Even Kim Kardashian uses Google Search instead of taking pictures of the places she goes.
Step 7. Pretend you are rich on the Internet
Wealth sometimes has a special presence on the Internet. Take a look at White Whine or First World Problem to find out how the rich behave on Facebook or Twitter. But between us, it's not always good.
- Complain regularly about the service: This is the worst restaurant I have eaten at. Finally, is it really that hard to have a good watermelon gazpacho?
- Brag humbly: Today has been particularly difficult. The drink they gave me at the cafe didn't fit in the BMW holder, so I had to drink my latte too quickly.
- Post pictures of exotic destinations or brands, as if you are going to buy them or visit them on your next vacation, even if you are not.
Step 8. Don't brag
Very rich people do not feel the need to brag about the money they have. Wealthy people are probably the least interested in their wealth. If you want to look like you have the means, it's important to step back a bit and let others guess. Don't flaunt your wealth in front of others.
If the discussion turns to the topic of money, dodge it. If you are forced to, you can say for example: I do not like to talk about it very much or this subject makes me uncomfortable
- Treat valets, butlers, waiters, etc., kindly without being overly friendly. Just be polite to them, treat them like they're the one helping you around the house.
- Bring wine and flowers when you go to parties and always send thank you cards.
- People aren't going to like you more if you have a lot of money or pretend you have a lot of it.
- Wear designer brands. You can buy it in different stores as well as in second-hand clothing stores.
- Go on the Internet and do your research. Some websites might even offer you discount coupons.
- Learn to sit at the table and differentiate between different dishes, such as crème brûlée and flan.
- Don't smoke or take drugs. No chewing gum. Don't swear, at least not in public. Never get drunk in public.
- Never talk about money or things you don't have.
- Remember that looking rich could prevent you from getting rich. A person who spends 3000 euros on a luxury watch will have a nice watch, but could be overdrawn by 3000 euros.
- Don't threaten people to sue them when you're upset.
- You might sound like a show off by pretending to be someone you're not. In addition, it might upset your friends and they might ignore you.
- A person's clothes or car are not the only elements that attest to his wealth. It's his attitude. Do NOT be snobbish or rude to others. Don't wear designer clothes or accessories that look too expensive.
- Remember to keep your class.
- Don't smoke or do drugs.
- Do not chew gum.
- Don't curse in public.
- Keep calm and avoid drinking too much alcohol in public.