It is completely normal to have a feeling of love for a celebrity and to recover from it you have to go through the same steps as when you are in love with a person who is not famous
Each individual has a particular love for a specific celebrity more than any other. However, the reality is that sometimes that love turns into something that can distract you or take you away from your daily life. Recovering from your celebrity love will help you take more control of your life and even build new and fulfilling relationships. To achieve this, you need to realize your worth and independence, and then learn to see celebrity for who they really are.
Method 1 of 3: Thinking About Fame The Healthy Way
Step 1. Ask yourself if you really know enough about this celebrity
Ask yourself if you really know enough about this celebrity's personality to love her. A person's career and lifestyle can be interesting and enviable, but that doesn't necessarily make them a good potential partner. In front of the cameras this person can be funny and polite, but in real life they could be obnoxious, boring, greedy, or mean to people less fortunate than they are. You don't really know her, so it's likely that outside of her job this famous person you have feelings for is like everyone else, that is, with weaknesses and flaws. No one is perfect, not even celebrities.
Step 2. Think about your chances of meeting her
Think about your chances of seeing her and asking her to start a relationship with you. Chances are you will never meet the celebrity you are in love with because she is busy and has a lot of fans. Even if you do manage to meet her, it is also possible that she is not interested in you. It can be hard to come to terms with, but celebrities are ordinary people who can choose who to date, just like you.
Step 3. Prioritize a relationship that is both real and mutual
Even though the people in your real life aren't as attractive or famous as that celebrity you love, that doesn't mean they're not worth dating. A real relationship is established when you trust your partner, when you are able to communicate openly and share common interests. Realize that you really can't do this with someone you've never seen or chatted with one-on-one.
Method 2 of 3: Take steps to recover from your love
Step 1. Get rid of anything that reminds you of your feelings
You have to get rid of the things in your life that remind you of your feelings for that celebrity in question. Take off any posters you have of her and refrain from watching the new movie she appeared in or listening to her new song. Avoid talking about her (or him) with family members or friends and spending time on the internet researching her life. Know that everyone has the right to privacy, even famous people.
- You can do these things gradually over several days or stop it all at once, like removing a bandage. Whichever way you decide to do it, make sure that all the things that remind you of that famous person you are in love with eventually come out of your life!
- Make an effort not to be jealous if you find out that the celebrity in question is dating another person or not to be happy when they end their relationship with their partner. This state of affairs will not bring you closer to her and will only make your separation more difficult.
Step 2. Replace your daydreams with thoughts about your life goals
Replace your daydreams about this celebrity with thoughts about your own life goals. Concrete goals that focus on a broader perspective, like how you can improve yourself or do something good for someone else, will help you a lot more than focusing on an unlikely eventuality. Make sure your goals are achievable and reasonable.
- Think about how you should study and get a "very good mark" on your next exam or test.
- If you are working on a new movement in karate, imagine yourself being able to do it perfectly and practice as soon as you get home.
- Help someone in need by volunteering with an organization or doing small, benevolent actions such as giving up your seat for an elderly person on the bus.
Step 3. Do something else you love
If you think too much of that person you love, an engaging, yet calming activity can help take your mind off your feet.
- Finish that book, poem, canvas, or whatever project you're working on.
- Take a walk and look at the beautiful trees around you, the beautiful houses, and the people right in front of you.
- Take a coloring book or a print of a detailed pattern like a mandala and colored pencils. Color as you wish and try to stay inside the lines.
- Get active by asking your friends if they want to have an impromptu frisbee or soccer game, or go for a run on your own.
Method 3 of 3: Move on
Step 1. Date someone who is currently in your life
Dating someone who is currently in your life can sometimes help you fill that void that that celebrity you love has left. Relationships with a real person are more rewarding than those one has with imaginary people. It can also be useful if you already have a strong friendship!
Avoid rushing into a relationship to replace your love of fame. Take it slow and understand that real relationships can be both more complicated and more rewarding than you imagine
Step 2. Date a new person
Start a conversation with someone you find attractive and keep it going by keeping a positive attitude. Use your body language to let him know that you are interested in him. For example, you can do this by making eye contact and getting a little closer to him. When you want to invite him out, suggest an activity that you think he would like to do, such as going to a sports meet or having ice cream.
Step 3. Stay single for a while
It's okay to take a break from dating and strive to achieve your goals. Spending time "alone" (that is, being surrounded by family and friends) can even help you take a step back from what you want from your next relationship.
- Recovering from an impossible love can take more than a day. Be patient with yourself and stay positive.
- Avoid comparing your current partner to a celebrity, as it could hurt your relationship. Keep in mind that you don't really know the celebrity in question, but know your partner well. There might be a reason you started dating! Remember all the reasons you like your current partner, and understand that a celebrity might not be such a good match for you.