There is nothing more hurtful and embarrassing than when your friend is in love with your man. Things get even worse when the person reveals his feelings. Of course, this puts you in a tough spot because you won't want to behave inappropriately towards your friend, but you also won't want her to make advances on your lover. For starters, you can try to deal with the situation by leaving some clues for your friend. If that doesn't work, discuss it with her. It can also be helpful if you can make sure you and your boyfriend are on the same page.
Method 1 of 3: Send a subtle message to your friend
Step 1. Show that you have confidence in yourself
Your boyfriend chose to be with you for several reasons. So don't let your unfaithful friend throw you off the hook to make you forget about it. Showing that you are confident may make that friend give up on seducing your boyfriend. It will also show him that you know that you are a good match and that it would be abnormal if he let your mate come between you two.
If you ever feel bad about this situation, just tell yourself how kind, smart, attractive and funny you are
Step 2. Remind your friend that this is your boyfriend, not hers
Leaving a few subtle and less subtle clues for your friend is a strong reassurance that the man she is interested in is yours. It can also make him feel guilty about his plans and help him decide to give it up.
- For example, if your friend asks you if your boyfriend will join you while you are making plans together, you might respond with a joke like, “Why? Am I not funny enough for you? This allows her to realize that you are aware of her constant desire to be by your boyfriend's side.
- You can also tell your friend to stop showing affection towards your boyfriend, especially if she is flirting with him directly in front of you. You can smile at him and then give your lover a kiss on the cheek. This will certainly allow him to understand.
Step 3. Remain sympathetic during the discussions
If your friend and sweetheart are chatting, jump in with a smile. You can put your hand on your boyfriend's back and say, “What are you talking about? Acting this way shows both of them that you expect to be involved in the discussion.
You might be concerned if they stop chatting or pull away from you
Step 4. Use clues in the discussion
If you notice your friend and boyfriend having a chat, focus on your relationship. You can use subtle tricks to remind your friend that you and your sweetheart are in a relationship.
For example, consider saying "we" repeatedly when speaking. Instead of saying, “I really like this restaurant,” say, “We really like this restaurant. Talking about what you do together can help your friend remember that you and your boyfriend are together
Method 2 of 3: Chat with your friend
Step 1. Ask her if she likes your boyfriend
Sometimes the best way to get the information you want is to be candid. This way of proceeding leaves no room for a possible misinterpretation and allows you to have a direct answer.
For example, invite your friend over for coffee and express yourself like this: “I just wonder if you have feelings for my boyfriend. Some of your actions and behaviors make me suspicious. Your friend may be upset, but know that it is best to know exactly how she is feeling
Step 2. Tell him to stop
You will need to be more direct if your friend does not understand what you are referring to or is persistent in her behavior. Your friendship is compromised because of her flirting anyway, so telling her to stop talking to your boyfriend won't hurt any more.
For example, you can express yourself in the following way: "I don't know if you are trying to be funny or if you don't realize that you are flirting with my boyfriend, but it hurts me. comfortable and I want you to stop. Make an effort to tell her this when you are alone. Making a scandal in the presence of other people will only make the situation worse
Step 3. Avoid putting yourself in this situation again
Stop inviting your friend around with your boyfriend or end your relationship if the flirtation continues. First of all, it's clearly not a good friendship if your friend doesn't respect you or your relationship enough to give up the idea of seducing your boyfriend.
Method 3 of 3: Discuss the situation with your boyfriend
Step 1. Ask if he suspects that your friend likes him
It's easy to think that other people are interested in your man, even if you're not the type to be jealous. Asking the latter's opinion gives you a second opinion, as yours might be a bit biased.
- You can express yourself in the following way: “Do you think my friend has feelings for you? I seem to see signs that let me think this, but I'm not sure. What do you think ? Take what he says to heart.
- However, you will need to look for signs that show that he may also be interested in your friend and that he is hiding her. These signs can include texting, making lots of eye contact, acting differently around her, or making excuses to be alone with her.
Step 2. Observe him when he is in the presence of your friend
Your man may show you subtle signs that indicate he has romantic feelings for your friend. Pay attention to his actions in his presence. You may see signs that he is feeling uncomfortable or is counting on you for help.
For example, your boyfriend may look at you with stunned eyes when your friend talks to him or acts inappropriately. He may also turn his body away from her and point it towards you when the suspicious flirtation occurs
Step 3. Tell her you are uncomfortable with the situation
Are your boyfriend and girlfriend texting each other? Do they share jokes with each other? Do they often ignore you in discussions? If so, you have every right to talk about it if you don't like their behavior. This is important if you think they might be having a romantic affair.
- For example, you can express yourself in the following way: “I appreciate that you get along well with my friend, but I am embarrassed about the way you act when you are together. I'm afraid something else is going on. "
- He will likely change his behavior if he really cares about you and wants you to feel more comfortable. If he's unwilling to quit, it can be a sign that he enjoys being the center of attention and loves your friend as well.
Step 4. Realize that your boyfriend may not be to blame
Try not to blame your frustrations with your friend on your boyfriend. Rather, she is to be blamed and not him. Getting mad at him can cause him to pull away from you and cause the opposite of what you want.