There are a lot of recommendations to follow to make a man happy in a relationship. The main thing is to respect your boyfriend or husband and treat him as you would like to be treated. You do not have to go through each step of this article verbatim, it is only a guide. Simply determine which advice will be right for your relationship.
Part 1 of 3: Working on Your Relationship
Step 1. Give him space when he needs it
Even if your man is madly in love with you, he will need time for him once in a while. So don't try to be by his side 24/7.
- Make plans without him and tell him he can go play video games, have a beer with his friends, or go for a run on his own, depending on what he wants.
- It will also allow you to pursue your own interests and maintain a busy life outside of your relationship.
- By accepting that the two of you need some personal space from time to time, you will be a much happier couple and enjoy your time together even more.
Step 2. Discuss your relationship issues
Instead of ignoring your relationship issues (and letting them explode in the middle of an argument later), sit your man down and have a calm, reasoned discussion.
- He will prefer these types of exchanges to a heated argument later and will be much more willing to listen to you and take into account what you are saying, rather than becoming defensive.
- You should also give him the opportunity to express any problems he is having. Listen to what he has to say and don't minimize his concerns. Your man will be much happier in the relationship if he knows his opinions and feelings are recognized.
Step 3. Show your love and appreciation
Modern-day boyfriends and husbands are pretty fabulous - they buy you flowers, cook you dinner, and massage your feet after a long day at work. So, give them back!
- Don't take all the fabulous little things your man does for you for granted. Let him know how much you appreciate his efforts for you.
- When your man does something nice for you, show him affection. Kiss him or hug him or just tell him that you love him. Knowing that he makes you happy will make him happy.
Step 4. Remember that a relationship is a two-way street
There is no point in making your partner happy if you are not happy.
- A relationship is an exchange: if you do your best and get nothing in return, you will have to ask yourself if your efforts are worth it.
- And even if your relationship seems to be working, maybe there is an outside element that makes you anxious or unhappy. You will then have to resolve this problem. Your man will otherwise feel your sadness and start to be unhappy himself, especially if there is nothing he cannot do to help you.
Part 2 of 3: reassure him
Step 1. Be honest with him
When it comes to relationships, we all know that being honest is essential. Lies will always backfire on you.
- Being honest with your man about what you are doing, who you see, where you are going or how you are feeling is very important. How could you expect him to be honest with you if you aren't honest with him?
- Even if the truth doesn't make him happy, your honesty with him will let your man know that he can trust you and trust is essential in a relationship.
Step 2. Compliment her
Men like to receive compliments just as much as women. Don't be stingy with praise!
- When you're in awe of what your partner has just said or done, tell them. Don't think he knows it already.
- Tell him he's handsome in a suit, that you're in awe of the project he's working on, or that you're in awe of his prowess in bed! A sincere compliment from you and he will be in seventh heaven!
- And he will be even happier if you compliment him in front of his friends or family: men like to receive praise in front of other people, it boosts their ego.
Step 3. Don't try to make him jealous
A lot of women make the mistake of trying to make their man jealous when they're mad at him.
- This behavior will backfire on you, making your partner feel hurt, angry, or betrayed. He might even lose confidence in you and the relationship would suffer greatly.
- Put yourself in his shoes: if you had done something wrong, would you want him to listen to your explanations and give you a second chance, or would you rather have him flirt with other women for revenge?
Step 4. Support him
Everyone has their ups and downs, including your man. Don't finish him off when he's down by criticizing him or saying "I told you so." Support him and take the opportunity to help him get up.
- If he has had a bad day at work, had an argument with a loved one, or just has low morale, try being nice to him. Ask if he wants to talk about it or let him digest the situation in silence, if that's what he needs.
- Remind him of all the reasons why you find him wonderful and why you chose him among all the other men. Give him confidence again and he will be grateful to you.
Step 5. Stick to it
Your man needs you to respect him, just like you need him to respect you. Don't put him down or belittle him all the time, that's not how you should treat the most important person in your life.
- So that your man doesn't feel emasculated, let him play with his manhood every now and then: ask him to open a jar, put up a piece of furniture or drive your car.
- Make him understand that you depend on him: this will boost his ego and help him feel good about himself.
- It doesn't make you a weak woman, it's just about building a balanced relationship.
Part 3 of 3: be nice to him
Step 1. Give her a massage
Men love to be taken care of from time to time. Then choose an evening to offer a relaxing massage to your partner.
- Pick a day when your man is particularly stressed or tired and prepare massage oil, candles, music: whatever will make the experience more relaxing.
- Have him undress and lie on his stomach on your bed. Start by gently kneading her back, neck and shoulders and avoid her spine. If you like adventure, try a full massage …
- Be generous with your time: try to keep the massage going for at least 15-20 minutes, until your man is completely relaxed. Be aware, however, that all this sensual contact could excite your man more than relax him!
Step 2. Prepare her favorite meal
Whoever said that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach has never been so right. Men love to eat, especially when it comes to a dish nicely prepared by their better half.
- Pick a recipe (or steal a recipe from his mother) and cook it on a night he doesn't expect it to be. Make it a special occasion: set a pretty table, open a nice bottle of wine and pretend to eat out!
- Be aware, however, that we are not here making an apology for the behavior of housewives in the 1950s: "place his hot plate in front of your man when he comes home from work". It's just a matter of cooking him a good meal, because you want it and out of kindness.
- If you are not a good cook, improvise! Order his favorite dish from the caterer and serve it on pretty plates or take him out for dinner at his favorite restaurant.
Step 3. Be spontaneous
In a serious relationship, it's easy to let the routine take over and stay watching TV on Saturday night. Make your man happy by doing something spontaneous and different instead!
- Inject some fun into his life by organizing romantic outings: buy concert tickets, go rock climbing, organize a wine tasting, go to a painting exhibition, invite other couples to play. board games ! Simply organize an activity that is out of the ordinary.
- If you like adventure, plan a really crazy outing, like a two-man parachute jump, whale watching expedition, road trip or vacation. Prepare the details of the date as well as possible, so your man doesn't have to be stressed out.
Step 4. Make an effort of presentation
Again, we are not condoning the 1950s housewife approach. Nonetheless, being proud to take care of yourself and making the effort to be beautiful for your man is most definitely a good thing.. He will be proud to have you for his wife or girlfriend!
- We all know days when we just want to hang out in our pajamas, no makeup, and our hair pulled back. Still, it's nice to dress up every once in a while for no other reason than to be beautiful for your man. He will appreciate your efforts.
- Also, continue to put in the effort you used to when you just started dating, whether it's waxing, getting your hair done once a month, or watching your weight. Try to stay the woman he fell in love with.
Step 5. Have fun
An article on the happiness of a man would not be complete without a reference to sex! While there are exceptions, most men love their partners to take the lead in bed.
- In practice, it will be different for each couple, whether it is simply to initiate lovemaking (especially if you don't usually do it) or to tie up your man, like a real dominatrix.
- Every now and then, offer your man a sexual favor without expecting anything in return. Such attention will make him much more happy than a gift!
- Remember that intimate relationships (whatever that means to you) are a central component of a healthy, happy relationship: they bring you closer and express your love in a deeply personal way.
- Tell your man regularly that you love him. It will make him happy.
- Don't think that doing nice things for your man, even when those things are traditionally seen as subservient, will cause your man to see you as his inferior or that you lack independence. Just doing her a favor doesn't make you a submissive woman, but rather a caring woman.
- Don't fake your interest in a topic. Take a genuine interest in his activities or leave him alone on that side. By pretending to be interested, you might make him happy in the moment, but when your lack of genuine interest starts to be evident, your man will be deeply disappointed and maybe even annoyed.
- Make him laugh and be relaxed.
- In your effort to make your man happy, don't let yourself be walked all over. Stay who you are, maintain your independence, and don't tolerate abuse or ingratitude. When a man is ungrateful to his wife, all the efforts in the world will not be enough to make him happy, since he will consider them due. Leave it and find yourself a good and grateful man. Believe us, they exist.
- All men are different and these tips will not apply to everyone. The best way to find out what will make a man happy is to ask him.