Even when you're in a loving relationship, sometimes it's hard to take the time and effort to show your boyfriend how much he means to you. If you've been feeling like you've neglected your man lately, you'll need to find a way to make up for it. Fortunately, there are a lot of little things that will make him realize that he is important to you.
Part 1 of 3: use romantic gestures
Step 1. Plan a romantic evening
One of the best ways to show your boyfriend that you care is to dedicate an entire evening to love and romance.
Host a movie night.
Tidy up the living room, light a few candles and rent her favorite movie (hint: it's not Never Forget). Prepare a selection of his favorite treats: popcorn, candy, nachos, whatever. Bring cushions and a cozy blanket and get comfortable on the sofa.
Prepare a picnic under the stars.
Wait for a warm, clear evening and prepare a picnic to enjoy under the stars. It could be wine and caviar or beef and jerky, it's the intention that counts. Pack a blanket and sit in the garden, park or on the roof. And if you have them, bring your binoculars!
- Come out the big game. Spread rose petals on the bed, put on your sexiest underwear, and light a thousand candles. Prepare champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries if you feel like it. When he comes home, call your boyfriend in your most sultry voice from your room, where you will be lying lustfully waiting for him. He'll take care of the rest.
Step 2. Plan an outing
Planning a fun date for both of you is a great way to show your boyfriend that you care about your relationship. Try to choose a destination that she likes: don't take her shopping!
Go to the beach.
If you live near the sea, spending a day at the beach is a great way to have a good time together. Go for a swim, play volleyball or build a huge sandcastle. Even if it is a little chilly, you could have fun exploring the dunes and breathing in the fresh air, all while walking hand in hand.
Go to an exhibition or museum.
If your boyfriend is the cultural type, why not take him to an exhibit or to the museum. Look on the Internet which exhibitions are in progress, you will be surprised at the number of events which are held each day, especially in the big cities. You could even offer him a macchiato at the end of the day, to end the experience with finesse.
Go on a hike.
Going for a hike might not seem like the most romantic activity to you, but it could be a time to bond, especially if your man enjoys nature and sports. As long as the walk is not strenuous, you will have the opportunity to talk about what is going on in your respective lives. And if you're lucky, you'll have a wonderful view once you get to the top - the perfect place for a romantic kiss!
Step 3. Cook her favorite meal
It might sound old fashioned to you, but there is some truth in the adage the way to a man's heart is through his belly. In addition to the delicious meal, he will appreciate the effort and time you have taken to make him happy.
- Think about what you are going to cook: would he prefer roast chicken and vegetables? A perfectly cooked steak? Does he particularly like simple dishes like pasta with cheese or spaghetti-meatballs?
- If you have any doubts, why not call her mom to ask for some suggestions or even some of her recipes? If you can learn to cook like his mother, he will love you forever!
- Make the meal a complete experience: set a nice table, with your finest dishes and silverware. Light candles, decant the wine and put on some soft music.
- If you can't cook, you might consider buying their favorite take-out. Make sure you present it nicely: don't feed it in the plastic box!
Step 4. Offer her a massage
A romantic massage is the perfect way to show your boyfriend that you love him. This will help her relax and release any tension (and may even turn her on).
- Prepare a calming environment. Your bedroom will be perfect: place a towel to protect the blankets. Dim the lights and choose relaxing music.
- Have him undress (or he can keep his underwear on, if he prefers) and lie on his stomach on the bed. Start by massaging her feet, then work your way up her legs, then her back and shoulders, and finally massage her neck and head. Apply firm pressure and make long, but relaxing strokes. If you want, learn more advanced massage techniques with a specific book.
- Use massage oil, it will prevent you from pinching or pulling her skin and allow your hands to slide over her body. You can buy a special massage oil or use a sunflower or grape seed oil that you have in the kitchen.
Step 5. Be affectionate
One of the easiest things you could do to show your boyfriend that you care is to be affectionate. You both probably lead busy lives and it's easy to overlook the importance of human contact. Being cuddly and tactile is a good way to rekindle the flame.
- Kiss him before he leaves for work. Not a small kiss on the cheek, but a long kiss with the tongue of 10 seconds. Tell him you'll give him a second one when he gets home: he'll think about it all day.
- Attack him with a big hug once in a while, when he least expects it. Wrap your arms around him and hug him tight. Research has proven that frequent hugging increases the level of serotonin, which makes people feel calmer and happier.
- Take his hand when you walk down the street, rest your head on his shoulder when watching TV, or run your fingers through his hair when he is sitting at his desk. Don't become that kind of a couple who sits on opposite sides of the room without speaking to each other. Showing affection will bring you closer to each other.
Part 2 of 3: give him gifts
Step 1. Buy him a gadget he wants
You don't have to spend the money to show your boyfriend that you love him, but a small gift won't hurt.
- Boys love toys. By buying your boyfriend the latest trendy gadget you can be sure to earn points and that he will understand that he is important to you.
- For example, you could buy him the latest iPhone, the latest PlayStation or Xbox, a rc helicopter, a plasma screen, or even a model train (if he likes that sort of thing).
- If you don't have the budget, you may be able to achieve the same results with a smaller gift. Get him a new PC game, a pair of cool headphones, or a portable mouse for his computer. Bonus points if it's something he mentioned in the past!
Step 2. Make it good
If you're broke or prefer a more personal gift, here's the perfect solution: Give your boyfriend a coupon book. Not discount coupons for the supermarket of course, but personalized coupons for romantic (or less romantic) services.
- Think of something like "This voucher entitles you to a romantic massage" or "This voucher exempts you from a round of dishes." You can make vouchers for domestic chores as well as for naughty sex acts, it's up to you!
- Take colorful cards and pretty pencils to make your coupons. If you are in the DIY mood, you could paste magazine images on each coupon.
- Otherwise, you will find various websites where you can choose voucher models. Fill them in as you want and print them out. It will give a more professional look to your gift.
Step 3. Dress up
It's no secret that men are visual creatures. Dressing you up and making yourself pretty could make her very happy.
- However, what turns your man on depends on his personal preferences. Some men like girls in light outfits, while others prefer more casual and neutral outfits.
- The most important thing is that you don't hang around the house with dirty hair and in sweatpants (at least, not all the time). Show your boyfriend that you care about how you look and want to look good for him.
- Have clean, neat hair, apply a good moisturizer to keep your skin soft, wear a scent he loves, and clothes that show off you.
- Don't go too harsh with makeup, but a little bit of mascara (to make your eyes pop) and non-sticky lip balm (to make her want to kiss you) can help you show off.
Step 4. Give him an amazing experience
Instead of giving her a material gift, consider giving your boyfriend an amazing experience that he will remember for the rest of his life (and secure you the Girlfriend of the Year award).
- If your man is an adrenaline junkie, consider treating him to a parachute jump or bungee jumping session. These activities are relatively widespread and their prices start around 150 euros. If you are adventurous, you could even do it with him!
- If your man is a car lover, you could rent him a Ferrari for a day and let him do the laps. It might be a little pricey, but if it makes your man think he's James Bond for the day, it's totally worth it! Check with the car rental services in your area to see what is available.
- You could also book a trip for the two of you. Take that New York tour you've always dreamed of, plan a weekend in Venice or spend a week in Spain. For even more surprises, arrange to secretly free up her schedule and pack her bag and only tell her where you are going once at the airport!
Step 5. Make a scrapbook
If you are more of the sentimental type, you could make a personalized album for your man, to remind him of all the good times spent together.
- Gather photos from the beginning of your relationship until today. Search your friends' Facebook profiles for photos and find photos they've never seen.
- Don't just include cute photos of yourself smiling at the lens - choose photos of yourself laughing, playing fools, making faces, and just having fun together. These are the most pleasant moments to remember.
- You can also put little memories of your relationship in this album, like movie tickets from the first movie you saw together, a napkin from the restaurant where you both caught food poisoning, or a pick you recently grabbed while of a rock concert.
- Use a cute pen to add a caption to each item, dates, locations or even funny drawings. You never know, this album could one day be passed on to your grandchildren!
Part 3 of 3: use the words
Step 1. Send nice messages
Even when you're away from each other, you can show your boyfriend that you care by texting him sweet, loving, or even naughty.
- It could be very effective when he is at work or going out with friends. This will help him see that you are thinking of him, even when he least expects it.
- A simple "I love you" or "I miss you" will always be appreciated, especially when he expects more of a message like "Don't forget to bring back some milk".
- Alternatively, a slightly warmer message like "I can't wait for you to come home so I can take your clothes off" can set him in the mood and make him very impatient to see you.
- And if you really want to turn her on, you could send her a pic of yourself in a sexy pose, wearing light clothes or nothing at all! Just make sure he's alone when he opens it.
Step 2. Give her lots of compliments
You know that warm and delicious feeling you get when your boyfriend tells you that you are very beautiful or that you have done something very well? Well, he feels the same way when you give him a compliment. Don't forget to say something nice to her every now and then.
- Men also like to be complimented on their appearance, so give them a little boost by saying "You look very good today", "This shirt goes very well with the color of your eyes" or "These jeans. makes you pretty buttocks”.
- It's important to tell him when he's doing something right, instead of just taking it for granted. For example, if he is making an effort to make you dinner, say "Thank you very much, that looks delicious", even if it is not amazing.
Step 3. Write her a love letter
A love letter is a forgotten art these days, but it will always be an extremely romantic touch.
- There is something deliciously old-fashioned about laying your heart out on a piece of paper. It is also a lasting and permanent proof of love: a handwritten love letter cannot be deleted by accident or end up in the spam box.
- You can write your love letter on a nice piece of paper, just like on a scrap of scrap paper, it's the words that count. If you're not very good at expressing how you feel, read the work of famous authors, poets, or song lyrics for inspiration.
- For a retro touch, put your letter in an envelope and mail it to your boyfriend. Do not tell him that he will receive mail, he will be all the more surprised when he receives it.
Step 4. Listen to it
Sometimes you don't need to say anything, instead you will have to listen to your boyfriend and be there for him when he needs it most. In fact, knowing how to listen is very important in any healthy and lasting relationship.
- Men sometimes need a little encouragement to start talking. Then try to ask her how her day was or if something interesting happened at work. Ask questions and then actually listen to the answers: don't just let them come in with one ear and then come out the other!
- Also, try to take an interest in things that interest him, whether it's his favorite sports team, a project he's working on, or just what's going on in his family. Don't constantly expect him to be interested in your areas of interest - this should be reciprocal
Step 5. Tell Him
If you want your boyfriend to know how much he means to you, let him know! Ask him to sit down, look him in the eye and tell him that you love him.
- Let him know that you appreciate everything he does for you and that you know you are lucky to have him in your life. Hope he returns the compliment!
- If you want to come out on top, you could tell him that he's your perfect man, that you can't imagine being with anyone else, and that you want to marry him and have children with him. But be aware that you could scare him!
- Ask him to tell you about his life, his friends and listen to him carefully.
- Always look him in the eye when he talks to you.
- Help him when he needs it and don't look at other men.
- If you are in a long distance relationship, try calling it frequently.