At this point in life, romantic relationships are usually not very serious. If you're not dating anyone, or if you date someone and then end up breaking up, don't worry. This is all just a game. However, if you like someone enough that you want to take the plunge, you will have to do your best to be a good girlfriend.
Step 1. Don't harass your boyfriend
As you may know, girls can be sensitive, but boys too! You should then be careful not to be mean to your boyfriend. If your relationship is all about meanness, you will need to determine if it is worth living.
Step 2. Make him feel good
Give him little compliments, and be a little jealous, to make him feel good. Let him win at a game you always win, etc. Every boy is unique, so you'll need to think about what will make your boyfriend happy.
Step 3. Be yourself
He chose you, and no other girl. Let him know who you really are, and don't be afraid, because if he doesn't like the person you really are, he's not the right person for you.
Step 4. Be loving
Your boyfriend will love when you hug him and give him a hug. Maybe don't tell yourself he doesn't like hugs, he doesn't seem very comfortable. He might just be shy! This will give you the opportunity to take the first step and hug him. You'll just have to make sure he doesn't mind. If he doesn't seem like he wants to go that far, don't do it, it won't help!
Step 5. Let him breathe
When they don't have enough space, some boys feel suffocated. You certainly don't like being followed or having to talk to the same person all day, and your boyfriend doesn't like that either. Keep in mind, however, that all boys are different. You will have to determine for yourself whether you and your boyfriend like spending a lot of time together or not.
Step 6. Make sure he doesn't already have a girlfriend
Even if you are worried that this conversation will be awkward, understand that it will save you from getting into an extremely delicate situation. This conversation will be really worth it.
Step 7. Talk to him
A relationship should be based on communication. If you and your boyfriend don't talk, how will you be able to share your feelings and thoughts with him?
Step 8. See if he looks at you often
If he isn't looking at you all the time, or he doesn't pay much attention to you, that could mean he's shy, or that he doesn't know what to do if you catch him staring at you. Just because he doesn't look at you doesn't mean he doesn't think of you. Don't expect him to devote his full attention to you. This boy has a life outside of your relationship. If he's shy, go see him and talk to him. He'll probably appreciate your walk a lot and open up to you more.
Step 9. Make him feel like the most important person in the world to you
It probably is, isn't it? Don't hesitate to tell him! Also, if you feel like something's wrong with the two of you, just bring it up with him. A little chat could save your relationship. And if you don't have the courage to do it in person, talk to her about how you are feeling via text or online. If that's not ideal, you will at least have the chance to say what's on your heart, before the relationship ends and leaves you heartbroken.
Step 10. Prevent him from making bad decisions
Make him understand that he matters to you. He'll thank you later.
Step 11. Don't make him fight for you
Some boys don't like it.
Step 12. Kiss him when you feel like it
Don't ask him to kiss you.
Step 13. Visit him and meet his parents
Make sure to pique his interest. So your relationship will last longer.
Step 14. Don't say anything you don't mean
For example, don't say "I love you" to her if you don't! If you tell him that you love him and then break up with him, he will feel betrayed.
Step 15. Let him know about your feelings once in a while
Tell him how you feel, and why.
Step 16. Be honest and respectful
Step 17. Surprise her
Step 18. Don't try to drive him crazy
Out of anger, boys often say things they later regret.
Step 19. Don't make him sad
Don't put him in a bad mood.
Step 20. Don't cheat on him
It would be very hurtful. If you don't want to be with him anymore, tell him directly.
Step 21. Don't criticize friends or family
Step 22. Don't say "I love you" to just anyone
Avoid ending your texts with "I love you" when writing to people other than him and your family. He could get some ideas.
- Make sure you please her for your personality, not your physique.
- Stay in touch with him if either of you is sick or traveling … or even if you are not! It is always welcome to speak often!
- Don't feel pressured to do anything you don't want to do. If you don't feel ready to kiss her, or anything else, don't. If he's pressuring you, talk to him. Tell her how you feel, honestly, but kindly. If he continues to insist, leave it and move on. It is your life, not his.
- Make sure this boy loves you, but don't get obsessed with him, and harass him all the time. Give him some space and some time for him.
- Laugh with him. There is nothing more fun than a girl with a good sense of humor.
- Try to make yourself pretty, but be careful not to be vulgar.
- If you want to kiss her, do it. Make sure he's comfortable though. He shouldn't feel like he has to do anything.
- Be friends with her friends. This way, you can eat with him at noon, without him having to choose between you and his friends. Also try to encourage her to talk to your friends, but don't push it too hard.
- If he's shorter than you, don't laugh at him!
- Don't plan what to say to him the next time you see him. You will feel tense, and you will not find your words anymore.
- Don't cheat on him. It should be obvious. If he finds out, you'll find yourself in a tight spot. Besides, he would not feel like he was doing well enough. Finally, if you are reading this article, it is because you want to become a "good girlfriend", not just to look like it.
- Be sure of yourself. Everything will be fine. If you look for the bad sides of a person or expect the worst, this is exactly what you will find.
- When her friends want to hang out with your boyfriend, don't say no. Encourage them. Your boyfriend will know that you trust him.
- Don't be glued to your boyfriend. Give him the space and time to come to terms with the fact that he now has a girlfriend. Soon he will be more aware of it and he will come closer to you.
Don't be annoying.
It might sound mean, but blaming your boyfriend for spending too much time with his friends would be annoying. If you have a problem with him, talk to him.
- Don't obsess over him. Small gifts will make him happy, but don't try to buy matching outfits for you and him. Be careful not to be too sticky, or you will scare him away. If he found out that you were drawing hearts with his name in them all over the place, he might leave you.
Don't criticize him, and don't criticize his family.
Even if you don't like his friends or family, don't tell him. You might offend him, and he might just leave you.