Important relationships make life more enjoyable. However, these kinds of relationships, especially romantic ones, take a lot of time and energy to nurture and maintain. In order to attract the perfect match, you are going to need to spend some time preparing yourself to make sure that you are ready for a relationship with someone new. You also need to practice being more patient and understanding with others so that these skills can translate into your new relationship. Creating the perfect relationship can be the journey of a lifetime, but by making a commitment to your future and treating your partner with love and respect, you can take the path to the perfect relationship for you.
Part 1 of 3: Prepare for Future Relationships
Step 1. Define what the ideal relationship means to you
Ask yourself what you want to get out of a relationship and try to find specific characteristics for your ideal partner. No relationship is perfect, but if you take the time to think about what it is you want to achieve in a relationship, you can help yourself create one that's right for you. The ideal relationship will stay strong through the ups and downs of life. People in ideal relationships go to great lengths to communicate and avoid misunderstandings.
- When you set out to create an ideal one, you need to make sure you know what you want. If you are looking for stability and security, find yourself a partner with these qualities. If you want attention and affection, you have to find a partner who gives it to you. Be clear from the start what to expect.
- Take the time to get to know each other so you know what you want in a relationship. Ask yourself some questions like "do I love myself? Are there things I don't like about myself that I would like to change? Are there qualities in others that can enhance my own qualities? Do I love myself enough to be fully invested in the relationship and give my partner the quality of attention he / she needs? "
Step 2. Distance yourself from the past
Often, one of the things that stands in your way on the path to happiness is your past and the pain of your experiences that you might cling to. In order to move on, you have to work on forgetting the people who have hurt you and the past experiences that have made you suffer. To create the ideal relationship, you need to commit to the possibilities of the future, not the bitterness of the past.
- That doesn't mean you have to forget everything that has happened to you. Rather, you need to learn from your experiences and move on.
- For example, you can reflect on your past relationships and ask yourself why they didn't work out. If your partner had any character traits that influenced the breakdown of your relationship, you should keep them in mind to remember them when you go looking for a new partner.
- As you reflect on your past relationships to identify failures and reasons for your separation, you should also ask yourself what you have learned from this experience. Ask yourself some questions like, "What have I learned and retained from these past experiences? What are some things that have changed that could make a new relationship better? "
Step 3. Be positive
No one wants to hang out with a moody, pessimistic person all the time. Optimism attracts more optimism. If you want to find the perfect relationship, you have to try to imagine the future as full of opportunities.
- Know the days when you or your partner are having a bad day. Be prepared to forgive and let a pessimistic day go by if necessary. Just prevent this from happening every day.
- Don't think that you need a relationship to be happy. Try to love yourself and recognize your qualities. No one is perfect, but if you are positive about yourself and your life, you will make yourself more attractive to potential partners.
- For example, if you tend to be impatient, try practicing being more patient. Maybe you could babysit for a friend. Children are notorious for testing the patience of adults, but it's hard to blame them for a long time. This is a good way to train yourself to be more patient. Try to meditate for ten to fifteen minutes every day to focus your attention on what is going on inside. It might help you avoid focusing on what your partner is doing.
Step 4. Work on positive changes in your life
Everyone has faults, there are no exceptions. Often, we love people and are remembered for these little flaws. Your family and friends should love you despite your flaws, but there are several things you need to work on if you want to attract the perfect match.
- Obviously, you don't have to change yourself for someone else, unless it's a positive change you want to make for yourself.
- This includes certain bad habits (smoking, gambling, alcohol, etc.), an improvement in your physical shape (not just an improvement in your appearance, but in your health and general well-being) or better attention and concentration in your work.
- Remember, no one is perfect, which is why you shouldn't blame yourself too much. Don't hesitate to accept yourself for who you are, but consider improving some of your negative traits.
Part 2 of 3: Treat your partner well
Step 1. Be clear about what you want from the relationship
Everyone has different wants and needs, and you increase your chances of having your ideal relationship if you are clear about what you expect. For example, if you know you want a long-term commitment, you need to tell your potential partners. If you want to communicate every day, you need to be honest about it so your partner knows if you are on the same page. If your ideal relationship means that you only see your partner once in a while, you should tell them that too.
Step 2. Trust your partner
There is no real relationship that can develop without trust. If you want to create your perfect relationship, you're going to have to start a new journey with someone you can trust and show them that they can trust you on a daily basis, too. To trust him, you need to give him the benefit of the doubt instead of always jumping to conclusions. Be sure that your partner is always acting in your best interests until they prove you wrong.
- A partner you can trust should be reliable, loyal, and honest with you. In return, you must present the same qualities to your partner.
- Don't look suspicious or jealous. Avoid digging into your partner's phone or checking their emails.
- Remember, you have to be trustworthy to attract a trustworthy partner. Practice being every day, with the other people in your life, not just with your partner.
Step 3. Be patient
This is one of the most important things you need to remember for the perfect relationship. To feel truly loved and respected, most people need to feel that their partner is giving them the patience they think they deserve. It’s a relative term based on individual experience, but you can manage and solve problems more easily with a little patience.
- Be patient if your partner can't spend time with you during a particularly stressful time at work.
- Try to stay calm during arguments. This will help your partner see that you are trying to be patient with them.
Step 4. Show him that you love him
The greatest gift in the world is to love and to be loved in return. However, you can't really be loved if you don't genuinely love your partner. If this applies to you and your ideal relationship, show your partner that you care for them unconditionally and make it the foundation of your relationship. It will help you create the perfect relationship.
It's important that you tell your partner that you love them, but you also need to show them your love by your actions. Do things that make him happy, even if it's not something you particularly enjoy. Spend quality time together and support them in their decisions
Step 5. Be sincere
Show her your true personality. This means that you have to be honest about who you are, what you love, and what you want in life. If you give her the wrong idea of who you are, your relationship is going to be based on the mask you wear instead of your real personality.
- Talk to your partner about your beliefs, aspirations, life goals, and expectations. Make it clear to her what you want to see if the two of you are on the same page. Remember that some people change over time, which is why you and your partner might develop new beliefs, aspirations, expectations, or goals throughout the relationship.
- Don't try to emulate the other couples you see. All couples are different and the way they interact might not work for you. Don't compare your ideal relationship with someone else's.
Step 6. Surprise your partner
Relationships take time and energy. Try to change your habits and surprise your partner every now and then. It could mean a sweet little gesture to break the routine or something bigger to show him how much he means to you.
- Try giving her flowers or making breakfast for her one morning. You could also organize a special outing or a trip for the two of you.
- Make sure you give your partner some space, too, and don't try to spend every minute of the day together. Let him be himself.
Part 3 of 3: Maintain Your Ideal Relationship
Step 1. Develop new relationship behaviors
One of the most beautiful things in a relationship is creating special habits and personal jokes that only you share. These intimate behaviors will help you forge a stronger bond in your ideal relationship.
- Create a special ritual in the morning that you do every day when you wake up. You may also find yourself nicknames.
- It also means that you don't just have to rely on your past relationship behaviors, especially if it's clear they didn't work the last time around. For example, you should try to work on more effective communication of your needs and wishes with your partner, especially if communication has been a problem in the past.
Step 2. Communicate clearly
Being able to effectively express how you feel to your partner is important for the relationship. He can't read your thoughts, which is why you should make an effort to talk to him and tell him what you are thinking or feeling.
- Work on telling her what's on your mind, even after your arguments. If you discuss your feelings together, you will help each other resolve conflicts while avoiding problems in the future.
- For example, you could try saying to him, “When you cancel our plans, it makes me feel like it's not a priority in your life. You could also say, "I have been feeling a little depressed lately about the situation at work, which is why I would very much like you to understand me and cheer me up. "
- Remember that while you should insist on expressing your wants and needs in all relationships, you should also consider your partner's wants and needs. If you insist on communicating too often in the relationship, it could backfire and drive your partner away.
Step 3. Be fair during arguments
If there is something you disagree with, try not to get upset. It might be helpful to take a moment to calm yourself down before you start discussing the issue if you are both angry. Calm down a bit before trying to discuss it calmly. Keep in mind that it may take a longer or shorter time for your partner to feel ready to discuss it. Try to respect and accept their needs.
- Give him the opportunity to share his side of the story and really listen to what he says. Try to see the problem from his perspective to find a compromise and resolve the situation.
- For example, you might say, "I don't understand why this makes you so angry. Can you explain it to me again? You can also say, "I feel like you are not listening to my side of the story. Could you let me explain it to you in a clearer way? Also, be sure to let him express his point of view.
Step 4. Keep your promises
Your partner needs to be able to trust you completely to maintain an ideal relationship. Because of this, it is essential that you always keep your word and the promises you make to your partner.