The Passbook feature on your iPhone lets you store tickets, loyalty cards, coupons and boarding passes in one convenient app. Plus, it uses your GPS location to show you the items you'll need in a specific location. This feature will help you when you go to the movies or make your plane trip easier. Just follow these steps to learn how to use Passbook on your iPhone.
Part 1 of 2: set up Passbook
Step 1. Go to your home screen
The iPhone home screen is the screen that lets you access your contacts, send messages, and use your apps. You just need to unlock your phone to access this screen.
Step 2. Tap the Passbook icon
Clicking on it will take you to the Passbook application. A new screen will appear which explains some features of Passbook:
- Display your boarding pass and allow you to scan it at the boarding gate;
- Collect tickets for movies, concerts and other events;
- Buy and use store gift cards;
- Use coupons or other discounts for a variety of products and services.
Step 3. Press the Apps button for Passbook
It's at the bottom of the page. If you have never used Passbook before, this will allow you to install certain applications that use the Passbook function.
Step 4. Tap the Free button next to the apps you want to use
This button is located to the right of the applications. Scroll through the list of apps until you find the one you're looking for. When you press the button, it will display the Install button. You can install as many applications as you want. Here are some examples of applications for Passbook:
- Air France
- SNCF Travel Hotels
- McDo France
Step 5. Press the Install button
Press the green Install button that appears instead of the blue Free button and wait for the application to be installed. This may take a few minutes or even longer, depending on the speed of your internet connection.
Part 2 of 2: Add tickets and use Passbook
Step 1. Add tickets to Passbook
Once you have installed the app you want, you can add it to your Passbook. Remember that not all services are compatible with Passbook. So if you don't see the option displayed, then the app may not be compatible. However, if Passbook is compatible, there are three ways to add tickets to your phone:
- Using an application compatible with Passbook. If you use your Passbook compatible app on iPhone to purchase tickets, check in for a flight, purchase a gift card, or complete any transaction, the app will offer to add the ticket to Passbook. To use this app, find it in Passbook or on your home screen.
- By email or message. You can also send and receive tickets as an attachment or via a link in an email or text message. If you receive a ticket by email or text, just click on it and wait for it to be added to Passbook. For example, a confirmation email for the online purchase of cinema tickets may contain Passbook tickets as an attachment.
- By surfing the internet with your phone. You can find tickets on websites by searching the net. To add them to Passbook, just click on them.
Step 2. Scan a code to add a ticket
If your ticket has a barcode, you can scan it to add it to your Passbook. This option is particularly useful for airline tickets that are not added automatically. To scan a code, click on the "Scan a code" link at the top of the Passbook home page. Aim your lens at the barcode you want to scan and don't move.
Step 3. Use the tickets
Once the ticket is saved to your phone, you will need to learn how to use it. Some tickets appear automatically at certain times and places, such as your boarding pass at the airport. To view the ticket to be scanned, you simply need to unlock your iPhone.
- If the ticket does not automatically appear on your locked screen, simply select it in Passbook.
- The ticket may not appear on the locked screen because the On Lock Screen option is not enabled for that ticket or because it is simply not compatible with this option.
Step 4. Adjust the ticket settings
To adjust your ticket settings, tap the information icon to view settings and additional ticket information. The info screen also allows you to delete the ticket by tapping Delete, display or hide the ticket on the locked screen and update the ticket automatically. To activate the options, simply activate the switch by dragging it.