Spotify is a service that gives you access to a large and flourishing range of music online. But if you wish to benefit from all the functionalities of this service, it is necessary to subscribe to a paid account offer. However, if you are a student, you may be eligible to acquire these accesses at a reduced price. A good way to brighten up your hard revisions and sleepless nights at work!
Part 1 of 2: Know if you qualify
Step 1. Be in a school
You can also study at a university in the United States or the United Kingdom. At the moment, the Spotify service does not make offers to all students in the countries in which it is available. To enlighten you, here is a set of details allowing you to know if you are eligible or not.
- In the United States, you must be "currently" enrolled in an American school or university, that is, not on leave or recently accepted.
- In the UK, you must also be 'currently' enrolled in an English school or university, but also have a NUS student card or UNiDAYS account.
Step 2. Have an email address for your school or university
In the United States, this means for example being the owner of an account ending in.edu.
- If you have already subscribed to a Spotify account with an email address that does not comply with the standard specified above (namely ending in.edu), you can however modify this address by clicking on your username at the top right of the page of Spotify. Then click on My account and on the black box Edit my profile which appears on the main page. There you can make all the necessary changes to complete your subscription.
- If you are in the UK this condition does not have to be met, as you will be using an external account to verify your student status.
Step 3. Enter your address
You must be able to provide billing data, which is an address, to specify a payment method in the United States. If you live in the UK, these billing details must be located in the UK.
Step 4. Make sure you don't have any other valid promotions
Indeed, if you want to assert your rights via a student promotion on Spotify, this offer must be the only one you use.
Part 2 of 2: Benefit from the Spotify Student Promotion
Step 1. Go to the Spotify site
Step 2. Press the Login button
This is located at the top right of the screen.
- If you have identified yourself on the service via a non-student email address, you will first have to log out. First, click on your username at the top right of the screen, then on Sign out. Only then the buttons Register now and To log in will become accessible.
Step 3. Identify yourself
You can also register by entering your university email address. Once you have completed this step, you will be taken to the Spotify homepage.
- If you have already created an account with your university address, enter your current username and password in the corresponding boxes. Then simply press the green button To log in.
- If you have not yet created a Spotify account with your university email address, click Register now, fill in the fields displayed on the screen and validate by pressing the button this time. Register now.
Step 4. Tap Premium at the top of your screen
This link can be found in the black banner which remains frozen at the top of the screen.
Step 5. Scroll down to Spotify Students
This link, which you will recognize by its green color, is located at the bottom of the page.
Step 6. Now select Learn more
You will immediately be redirected to a page giving you student access to Spotify Premium.
Step 7. Click Try Premium
From there, you will be asked for your payment details on a new page.
If you are from UK, you may see two separate green buttons, asking if you would prefer to sign up with your NUS or rather UNiDAYS account. Click on the most relevant option and simply follow the on-screen instructions to register or identify yourself. The payment screen will then appear, so that you can continue with the next step
Step 8. Enter your payment information
Fill in the fields corresponding to your credit card details or your PayPal account ID with which you wish to register.
Step 9. Tap Continue at the bottom of the page
You will then be redirected, at the end of this entry, to a page asking you if you want to confirm your payment.
Step 10. Click Activate my Spotify Premium account
You are now ready to listen and record your favorite songs thanks to your new Spotify student offer!