The ultimate goal for any user on Snapchat is to achieve "Verified" status. To find out if your account is certified, you will see a small personalized emoticon (similar to those used when writing text messages) next to your username. So that means you are definitely someone important in the world of selfies and filters. To achieve the desired status, you must have a lot of followers, which means having a lot of views. If you want your images or videos to have more views, you need to put the effort into creating original content and thinking beyond the app.
Method 1 of 3: Make your Snapchat more visible to others
Step 1. Follow as many people as possible
This way, you will also have as many subscribers in return. Unlike other social networks, you will not be penalized if you add a multitude of other users. Plus, others will be more likely to follow you if you subscribe to their pages first.
- When creating your account, you will be asked if you want to automatically follow all Snapchat followers that are in your phone directory. Your answer should be yes.
- To find out if someone has followed you back, click on their Snapcode. If you can see his Snapscore (the total number of snaps he sent and received), it means he added you.
Step 2. Earn trophies and points to activate new features
Whether you use great filters, send private snaps, or post creative videos to your story, you'll receive points every time you're active on the app. These points will earn you trophies that will give you access to all kinds of cool features.
- The trophies will be displayed as emoticons in your trophy box. You can see it when you tap on your profile picture.
- There are different requirements for different trophies. For example, you can get the Ogre Trophy if you send 1000 snaps taken with your device's front camera. You can also get the sun emoticon by sending a snap when the temperature is over 38 ° C.
Step 3. Work with an influencer to promote your account
If you ask someone well known in your sphere to promote your account or brand, you will also be known by all of their followers, who are often similar to your own audience. You can send her a direct message, a private snap, or check if she has a web page that displays her contact details. Tell her what kind of collaboration you want and what she'll get in return.
- An influencer can simply promote it from your account, i.e. you give them full control of your account for a fixed period of time (or vice versa).
- There is a high demand for influencers, so be prepared to pay for any collaboration. However, if you already have a large number of subscribers (over 1000), you can ask them to promote you and you will do the same in return.
- For example, you can send a fashion blogger a message like, “Hi Lucie! I am a big admirer of your work and I know many of my followers are too. Since Paris Fashion Week is coming soon, I would like you to take control of my account and make a story on Snapchat while you are there, while following the event. behind the scenes. That would be a great advertisement for you to my 1,200 followers, and I will be promoting this exchange on my blog and on my social media pages as well. Let me know if you are interested and I hope we can work together. Thank you ! "
Step 4. Stand out with a live so that it is publicly shared
Snapchat publishes a public story during important events such as a sports competition or the presidential elections. It is actually a compilation of snapshots of the people attending the event in question. They are visible to everyone on Snapchat, and so if yours is selected, it will get a large number of views.
- To embed your snap into a public story, you need to save it and press the blue arrow just as if you wanted to publish it to your own story. Instead of choosing My Story, select Our story.
- Make sure the location feature is turned on in your phone settings. This is how Snapchat will verify that you attend the event.
- The average audience for a public story is between ten and twenty million people.
Method 2 of 3: Create the best content
Step 1. Consistently take snaps at least once a day
That way, you'll be ahead of the news feed. The Snapchat news feed is displayed in chronological order, which means that the most recent stories appear at the top. The more often you post, the more chance you'll have to appear at the top of your subscribers’s feed rather than at the bottom.
- If you plan to post multiple times per day (which is fine and even recommended), be sure to post different snaps. No one will want to see twenty selfies of you with the puppy filter, no matter how cute you are. Mix up a bit of everything and get creative with scribbles and filters.
- A big mistake is sending snapshots of your story as private messages to your followers, which means they'll see the same thing twice. This is a quick way to lose followers and views.
Step 2. Post snaps that people will want to share
These could be funny videos or memes. Now that Snapchat lets you share Stories, you can easily increase your views by creating content that people will want to send to their friends.
- Here are some examples of snaps that can be shared: make art or drawings made with the Snapchat paint tool, funny jokes to send to strangers or your friends, or snaps with your pet. Memes that people can relate to will also be likely to be shared.
- Always think about what you will post and ask yourself, “Does this interest my followers? Or "Would this be something I would repost if I followed myself?" If the answer is yes, then post it!
Step 3. Generate more interest
To achieve this goal, you need to get creative with stickers, emoticons, doodles, texts, and filters. A selfie of you and your cat can be much more interesting with a face swap filter and large emoticons. The wackier the snaps, the more people will watch them.
- Snapchat now lets you add GIFs to your snaps. After saving them, tap on the stickers icon at the top of the screen and then on the option Giphy. Choose the.gif" />
- You even have the option of using two filters at the same time. Swipe left on the screen to add the first filter as usual. Then hold one finger on the screen and swipe left again to add the second filter.
- Make the last snap of your story the most interesting. This is the image that will be displayed in thumbnail in the user news feed. People will be more likely to press it if it's interesting.
Step 4. Take snaps of 5 seconds or less
This will keep the audience buzzing. People have a short attention span. They want short videos and crisp images that they can quickly watch. Set the duration of each snap to a maximum of 5 seconds so you don't post something too long.
Method 3 of 3: Promote outside of Snapchat
Step 1. Make yourself known elsewhere
Share your Snapcode or username on other platforms such as Musical.ly, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or any other social network where you are present. A Snapcode is like a Snapchat QR code, just scan it with your phone to automatically start following that person.
- To create a Snapcode, go to the option Settings (represented by a cogwheel icon) on your main profile screen, press Snapcode, then on Create a Snapcode and follow the instructions.
- You also have the option of using the Snapcode as a profile picture for other accounts.
- Link your Instagram profile to your Snapchat account. To create the link, simply add the account name at the end of this link.
Step 2. Create and manage a profile in the Ghostcodes application
This will allow you to find subscribers. Ghostcodes is an app that lets you search for Snapchat users based on interests such as makeup or photography. When you find someone you want to follow (who will hopefully follow you back), you can upload their Snapcode to your gallery and upload it to Snapchat.
Your rank in Ghostcodes will be determined by the amount of kudos (purple hearts) you get from other users. To increase your rank in the directory, you need to congratulate other users or download their Snapcode. This will encourage them to do the same for you
Step 3. Ask your friends to follow you by sending them your Snapcode
Nothing beats the classic word of mouth method. Next time you see your friends, ask them to take a picture of your Snapcode and add you using the option Add by Snapcode of the application.
Take it a step further and ask them to share your stories. This way all your friends can see them. Offer to share their stories back. For example, say “Hi! If you share my story, I will share yours as well and we will both have more followers. We might even become popular on the Internet! "
Step 4. Turn your snaps into permanent posts
Do this on other social networks and blogs. In case there's a snap you like, don't let it disappear from Snapchat after 24 hours. This is a great opportunity to promote your account a bit: upload it to your phone's gallery and post it on other websites.
- For example, you can tweet that funny video of your cat that you took or post on Instagram that selfie you took with your favorite fashion blogger.
- You will earn extra points and get more views if you identify places, brands or influencers in your posts!
- Include your Snapcode in the caption so people know how to find your account.