Usually, taking a screenshot of someone else's Snapchat will result in a notification to that person's address. If you do not want the owner of the Spanchat to be notified in this regard, there is a procedure, however quite complex. Here are the steps to take a screenshot of someone else's Snapchat discreetly, without them knowing.
Method 1 of 2: Take a screenshot without notification
Step 1. To get started, do this process on your own Snapchat account
To be on the safe side, send yourself a Snapchat. By proceeding on your own account, you will know if the method works perfectly before applying it to a third-party account.
This method can work on Snapchat Stories, but then again, it's best to test on your own account first. Indeed, for some people, it only works on Snapchat
Step 2. Activate “Airplane” mode on your smartphone
The "Airplane" mode will automatically deactivate the internet on your smartphone, which will naturally prevent Snapchat from sending any notification to the owner of the account concerned by the screenshot.
- If you are using an Apple device: Open the Control Center located just above the Home button and activate "Airplane" mode.
- If you are using an Android device (valid for most models): tap on the Settings button, scroll down until you reach the option “Wireless and network”, then tap on “More”. This is where you can check or activate "Airplane mode". If that doesn't work, check out this article.
Step 3. Make sure Snapchat is offline
Once the "Airplane" mode is activated, Snapchat should display a small red bar at the top of the screen, accompanied by the message "Unable to refresh. Try again”. The absence of this red bar simply means that you are still connected to the Internet: make sure that "Airplane" mode is activated and that WiFi is indeed deactivated.
Step 4. Open Snapchat
Open the Snapchat you want to take a screenshot of. Once again, it is highly recommended that you give it a try on your own Snapchat account.
Step 5. Take the screenshot
On most devices, you only need to press the Sleep and Home buttons simultaneously to take a screenshot.
- If you can't, read this article carefully if you are using an iPhone, or this article if your device is Android.
- Please note, since July 2, 2015, it is no longer necessary to “hold” the image with a finger during the screenshot.
Step 6. Sign out of Snapchat
Open Snapchat settings by tapping on the cog icon. You'll find it at the top right of the screen. Scroll through the menu list and select the Logout button.
Step 7. Close the Snapchat app
Snapchat continues to function even when the Home screen is displayed. So you have to close Snapchat completely so that the app does not send any notifications. Proceed as follows.
- If you're using an Apple device, double-tap the Home button, locate the Snapchat preview window, and drag it up to close it.
- If you're using an Android device, tap the "Recent Apps" button at the bottom of your screen and swipe Snapchat to the right. If you don't have this button, or if Snapchat continues to send notifications, click here for other methods.
Step 8. Wait for the application to close completely
Wait a few seconds before continuing. If you reconnect to the internet while closing Snapchat, the manipulation will fail.
Step 9. Turn off “Airplane” mode
Return to Control Center and turn off Airplane Mode.
Step 10. Open Snapchat
The Snapchat you just took a screenshot of should not be labeled “screenshot”. Besides, the Snapchat owner doesn't even have to be aware that you've opened their image. Also, you can display it like any image.
Method 2 of 2: Take a screenshot with notification
Step 1. Learn how to take screenshots with your smartphone
Taking a screenshot on Snapchat is no different from taking a screenshot with any other app, however, in this case, it's all about speed. By taking a screenshot on Snapchat, the owner of the image will be immediately notified - make sure that person agrees! The method for taking screenshots with notification varies from phone model to phone model, as follows:
- if you are using an iPhone, simultaneously press the standby button and the Home button,
- If you are using an Android device, be aware that some older models do not allow you to take screenshots. However, find the instructions for proceeding with the most common models below.
- On Samsung Galaxy S Series, press the power button and the Home button at the same time.
- On Nexus Series, HTC One, simultaneously press the power button and the button intended to lower the volume of the device.
Step 2. Open the Snapchat you want to take a screenshot of
Keep in mind that the owner will be notified of your action. Open Snapchat by long pressing on the image in question. A stopwatch will display at the top right of the image to show you the display time, so keep tapping the image to keep it displayed.
Step 3. Press the buttons to take the screenshot
Use both hands to make the process more comfortable and efficient. Note that the moment you take the screenshot, the owner of the image will receive a notification to this effect. The capture will be saved to your photo gallery.
Root your Android device with Kingo Android Root to have access to many border templates and apps. They will allow you to quickly and easily save all your Snapchats
- Previous methods of taking screenshots are now inactive, following updates on Snapchat. Among the methods now disabled, we find the one that consists of pressing the power button while pressing the Home button twice.
- Snapchat policy prohibits screenshots, so you will bypass them at your own risk.
- Don't be tempted to use a third-party app to take Snapchat screenshots. Snapchat having banned these applications, any use will block your account.