On Snapchat, it is possible to remove a contact from your friends list, as well as block them if you prefer. Removing a friend from Snapchat will prevent them from seeing your private snaps. By blocking a contact, you will prevent them from seeing all of your content on the app, whatever it is.
Step 1. Open
Tap on the Snapchat app icon, it is represented by a white ghost on a yellow background. The application will open to the photo option if you are logged in.
- If you are not logged in, press To log in and enter your email address and password.
Step 2. Open the talk page
Tap the speech bubble in the lower right corner of the screen or swipe the screen from left to right.
Step 3. Tap the New Chat icon
It's the speech bubble in the upper right corner. This will take you to the page that lists your Snapchat friends.
Step 4. Find a friend to delete
Scroll down until you find the person you want to remove from your Snapchat friends list.
You can also write that person's name in the "To" box at the top of the screen to find them
Step 5. Long press on the person's name
After about a second, a popup window will appear.
Step 6. Tap Settings
It's at the bottom of the popup menu. This will open a new menu.
Step 7. Tap Remove this friend
This option is at the bottom of the menu.
Step 8. Tap Remove when the option appears
By doing this, you confirm your decision and remove the selected person from your Snapchat friends list.
- On Android, tap Yes when the option appears.
Step 9. Block a friend if necessary
Removing a friend from your list will prevent them from contacting you and seeing your posts on Snapchat, but they will still be able to see that you have an account. If you want to completely hide your Snapchat presence from your friend, do this:
- find the name of the friend you want to block,
- long press on your friend's name until a menu appears,
- select To block in the menu,
- Press on To block (iPhone) or Yes (Android) when the option appears.
- When you block someone, you will appear to them as having deleted your account.
- You can see the list of your blocked contacts by tapping on your profile icon, tap the gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen, scroll down to the bottom, and select the option Blocked.