If you are a WhatsApp user, you have probably wondered how to delete an unwanted contact on WhatsApp. Don't worry, deleting a contact doesn't make you an antisocial person. It's just a measure to avoid unwanted conversations. There are two ways to delete a WhatsApp contact. The first is to remove the person's number from your contact list in the app. Telephone and the second is to block the contact on WhatsApp.
Method 1 of 2: Remove the number from the contact
Step 1. Access your contact list
You'll find it in the Phone app. Find the contact you want to remove, and then remove it from the list.
Step 2. Open WhatsApp
Now go to the contacts page.
Step 3. Select the Refresh option
The contact you deleted will no longer appear in your contact list.
- It should be mentioned that this method has one drawback. The phone number of the contact you deleted will no longer be in the app Telephone, something that may not be right.
- If you want to keep the contact's number, but delete it from WhatsApp, use the second method in this article.
Method 2 of 2: Block contact in WhatsApp
Step 1. Open WhatsApp
Go to the contacts page.
Step 2. Select the contact you want to block
Step 3. Go to the options menu for that contact
Select option More.
- You will see various options including the option To block. WhatsApp will ask you to confirm that you want to block the contact. Confirm your wish.
- Once you block the person, they will no longer be able to see your profile picture, send you messages, or see your timestamp.
- The advantage with this method is that you can delete the contact from the WhatsApp app without deleting their number in the app. Telephone.