Learn how to add Hindi to your phone's regular keyboard today. Since WhatsApp uses your phone's standard keyboard and its variations, you might be able to use Hindi while writing messages.
Part 1 of 3: Add Hindi to Your Keyboard on iPhone
Step 1. Open the phone settings
This option is represented by a gray cogwheel. You will probably find it on the home screen of the device.
Step 2. Scroll down and tap General
This option is at the top of the page Settings.
Step 3. Scroll down and tap Keyboard
This option is at the bottom of the option menu General.
Step 4. Tap Keyboard
You will see this option at the top of the page.
Step 5. Tap Add Keyboard
This is the last option on the page.
Step 6. Scroll down and tap Hindi
Since the languages are listed alphabetically on iPhone, you'll find Hindi in the H.
- If Hindi appears at the top of the list RECOMMENDED KEYPADS, so you won't have to scroll down to see that language.
Step 7. Press Devanagari
This option makes classic Hindi symbols appear on your keyboard instead of transcribing them as you type.
Step 8. Tap OK
You could now choose Hindi from your standard iPhone keyboard.
Part 2 of 3: Add Hindi to Your Keyboard on Android Device
Step 1. Open the phone settings
This option is represented by a gray cogwheel that you will find in the section of the applications installed on the phone.
Step 2. Tap Language & input
You might have to scroll down to see this option.
On Samsung devices, you will find this option in
Input and control of the tab My device.
Step 3. Tap Current Keyboard
If you're using an older version of Android, look for a section instead Keyboards and input methods on the page Language and seizure.
Step 4. Tap on your virtual keyboard
On most versions of Android, this option is labeled Current keyboard.
- On Android 7, the default keyboard is Gboard (Google keyboard).
- On Samsung devices, the default keyboard is Samsung keyboard.
Step 5. Tap Languages
This action will bring up a list of languages from which you can choose the one on your keyboard.
On Samsung keyboards, tap Keyboard types and then tap
Step 6. Press the button which is next to Hindi
You might want to turn off the option at the start. Use system language. This will allow you to download Hindi to your current keyboard.
- For Samsung keyboards, tap the download button to the right of the label हिंदी.
Part 3 of 3: Use the Hindi keyboard
Step 1. Press the home button on your phone
This action will minimize the settings window.
Step 2. Open WhatsApp
This application is represented by a green tooltip in the middle of which is a white phone.
Step 3. Press DISC
It is located at the top (Android) or bottom (iPhone) of the screen.
- If the app opens directly to a chat, tap the arrow Return which is in the upper left corner of the screen to see the discussions page titled DISC.
Step 4. Tap a chat
This action will open the conversation window.
Step 5. Type in the input field
It is located at the bottom of the page.
Step 6. Select the devanagari keyboard
This process will vary depending on the phone you are using.
- iPhone: Press and hold your finger on the globe icon in the lower left corner of your keyboard, then move your finger up to select the devanagari keyboard.
- Android: press and hold your finger on the space bar or the button Languages that there is to the left of the keyboard, then tap the option Hindi.
Step 7. Write your message as usual
Your keyboard and characters will be displayed in Hindi.