You certainly wanted to post a WhatsApp status, but you don't know how to create it. Find out how to get there with a few simple tips.
Step 1. Open the WhatsApp application
The app icon looks like a green bubble around a white phone handset.
Step 2. Press the STATUS button
- On a iPhone, this button looks like a circle surrounded by three curved lines and is located at the bottom left.
- On a Android, this button is at the top of the screen, next to the tab DISC.
- If the app opens to a conversation, you must first press the ← button located in the upper left corner of the screen to go back.
Step 3. Tap the My Status button at the top of the screen
This option looks like a circle containing a + sign.
Step 4. Create a status
Tap the white round button at the bottom of the screen to take a photo. You could also press and hold it to record a video.
You also have the option of selecting a photo or video from the gallery (which appears at the bottom of the screen) to add it to your status
Step 5. Change your status
You can use the tools provided by WhatsApp to add phrases, emojis and drawings.
- Tap the icon that looks like a pencil at the top right to add color drawings when updating your status.
- Touch the icon that looks like a T to add a caption. Besides choosing the color and size you prefer, you can also move it around to put it anywhere.
- Select the icon that looks like a smiley face to add emoticons. You can use all the emojis available in your keyboard library.
- On the left side of the smiley icon, you will find the button that will allow you to crop the photo. Indeed, it will allow you to reframe any part of your status update.
Step 6. Press the send button
It looks like a paper airplane and is located at the bottom right of your screen. This way your status will be updated.