WhatsApp is a world famous chat app. It can be used on phones that work with Android as well as on iPhones. Besides letting you exchange written messages, the app lets you do a lot of things. For example, you can copy a message to your phone's clipboard and then paste it into another chat or into the text field of another application.
Method 1 of 2: Using an Android
Step 1. Open WhatsApp
Look on your home screen for a chat bubble icon with a green background and a white telephone handset. It is also possible to find the application in the file tree of your phone.
Step 2. Access a discussion
In the WhatsApp app, browse your list of chats, then choose the one you want.
- When you open, if you find yourself in a chat, tap
to return to the list of your discussions.
Step 3. Select the message
In the chat, long press the message you want to copy to highlight it and bring up a new toolbar at the top of your chat.
Step 4. Tap the Copy icon
In the new toolbar, tap the icon which is on the far right and which has 3 superimposed dots to open a drop-down menu. Select To copy to save the message to your phone's clipboard.
- You are now able to paste the copied message into one of your other chats or into a text field in another app on your phone.
- You can paste the message by long pressing where you chose to paste the message. A small contextual menu appears. Press on To stick on.
Method 2 of 2: With an iPhone
Step 1. Go to WhatsApp
On your iPhone, look on your home screen for a green icon with the white drawing of a chat bubble with a telephone handset inside. You can also find the application in the file tree of your phone.
Step 2. Open a conversation
From the list of your discussions, choose one you want to copy a message to.
- If when you open the application you are directly in a chat, press
to return to the discussion list.
Step 3. Select a message
In the chat, long-press the message you want to copy to highlight it. A context menu appears.
Step 4. Tap Copy
From the list of options available to you, select To copy. The message is now in your iPhone's clipboard.
- At this point you have the option to To stick on this message in another thread or even in another application, such as a translator.
- If you want to paste the message you just copied, press and hold your finger in a field that can receive text. A context menu will appear. All you have to do is choose the option To stick on.