To enjoy all the features of WhatsApp on your computer, you can download and install the application on your PC or Mac. In order to be able to configure it on your machine, you must have previously installed it on your phone.
Part 1 of 2: Download WhatsApp Installer File
Step 1. Open the WhatsApp download page
The WhatsApp installation file can be downloaded from this page.
Step 2. Click on the green download button
This button is on the right of the page under the heading Download WhatsApp for Mac or Windows PC. Click on it to download the installation file.
- If you are downloading the app on a Mac, the button will say Download for macOS. If you download it to a Windows computer, it will say Download for Windows.
- Depending on your browser settings, you may need to select a save location first and then click OK to start downloading the file.
Step 3. Wait for the download to complete
The download process will only take a few minutes, but once completed, you will be able to install the WhatsApp app.
Part 2 of 2: Install WhatsApp
Step 1. Double-click the installer file
On a Mac, you will have a “WhatsApp.dmg” file while on Windows, you will have a “WhatsAppSetup” file. In both cases, the app icon will look like a white phone on a green chat bubble. You will find the installation file in the default save location of your computer (for example on the desktop).
Step 2. Wait for WhatsApp to be installed
Once the application is installed, you will see the WhatsApp logo appear on your desktop.
- If you are installing WhatsApp on a Mac, you may need to click and then drag its icon to the folder first. Applications in the pop-up window.
Step 3. Double click on WhatsApp
A window will open with a code that you can scan. The code looks like a tiled black box with the black and white WhatsApp icon in the middle.
Step 4. Open WhatsApp on your phone
If you don't already have WhatsApp on your phone, you'll need to download it first and then install it.
Step 5. Open the WhatsApp code scanner
The flow of this step varies from one type of phone to another.
- If you are using an iPhone: Press on Settings at the bottom right of your screen then select WhatsApp Web / Desktop at the top of the settings menu.
- If you are using an Android: Press on ⋮ then select WhatsApp Web at the top of the menu that appears.
Step 6. Point your phone's camera at the code
WhatsApp will start scanning the code to verify your account and complete the setup process. You can now use it on your computer.