For your business needs or because you need a new email address, you can create a Gmail account which will be your email address associated with Google. The creation of an account is possible on mobile and on a desktop computer.
Method 1 of 2: Create a Gmail account on a desktop
Step 1. Go to the Gmail account creation site
In your computer's web browser, open this page to start creating your Gmail account.
Step 2. Click CREATE ACCOUNT
It's the red button at the top right of the window. Click on it to open the first account creation page.
Step 3. Enter your first and last name
In the text field First name at the top of the page, type your first name followed by your last name in the field name next to.
Step 4. Create a Gmail username
In the text field Username, type the username you want to use as the email address. This is the name that appears before the @ gmail.com section in the email address.
If the username you have chosen is already taken, you will be asked to choose another name from those offered on the page
Step 5. Enter a password twice
In the text field Password at the bottom of the page, type the password you want to use a first time and then a second time in the field To confirm to the right.
The 2 passwords must be exactly the same
Step 6. Click NEXT
It's the blue button at the bottom of the page.
Step 7. Enter your account recovery options
This step is optional, but you can add up to 2 types of account recovery options to your Gmail profile.
- Phone number: in the text field Phone number at the top of the page, type your phone number.
- Recovery email address: in the text field Recovery email address also at the top of the page, type any other email address.
Step 8. Add your date of birth
Expand the field Month then select your birth month. Then type the day then the year of your birth in the fields Day and Year.
Step 9. Select a gender
Expand the field Sex then select one of the options from the menu that appears.
Step 10. Click NEXT
It's the blue button at the bottom of the page.
Step 11. Verify your phone number
If you added a phone number as an account recovery option, you have the option to verify it.
- Click on SEND when prompted.
- Open the text messages application on your phone.
- Open the message from Google (this is usually a 5-digit number) and write down the 6-digit number you received.
- Enter the 6-digit number into the text field on the Gmail page.
- Click on TO VERIFY.
- If you don't want to check your account recovery options right away, you can also click Not now.
Step 12. Scroll down to the ACCEPT option
Method 2 of 2: Create a Gmail account on mobile
Step 1. Download the Gmail app
If you don't already have the Gmail app on your phone, go toApp Store
(if you are using an iPhone) or the Google play store
(if you are using an Android).
- If you are using an iPhone: select To research, tap the search bar at the top of the screen, type gmail, select Gmail in the drop-down menu, press GET to the right of "Gmail - Email by Google" then enter the password associated with your Apple ID or your fingerprint.
- If you're using an Android: tap the search bar at the top of the screen, type Gmail, select Gmail in the drop-down menu, press TO INSTALL then on ACCEPT.
- If the Gmail app is already installed on your phone, go to the next step right away.
Step 2. Open Gmail
Press on TO OPEN in your phone's app store or tap the red and white Gmail icon on your home page. If there is no account signed in to Gmail on your phone, this will open a blank login page.
- If there is an account signed in to Gmail on your phone, tap ☰ at the top left of the screen, select your email address, press Manage accounts > Add an account > Google then skip the next 2 steps.
Step 3. Tap SIGN IN
It's the button at the bottom of the screen.
- If you're already signed in to a different account, tap ☰ at the top left of the screen, tap the account profile picture and then select ＋ Add an account > Google.
Step 4. Select More Options
The link More options is on the left of the screen and opens a menu.
- If there are inactive accounts saved on your phone, press first Use another account on this page.
Step 5. Tap Create Account
There should be no other options in this menu.
If you were previously signed in to Gmail, this option will appear in the middle of the page, not in a menu
Step 6. Enter your first name and then your last name
Type your first name in the text field First name then your name in the field name.
Step 7. Press NEXT
This blue button is on the right of the page.
Step 8. Add your birthday and then your gender
Select your month of birth then type in your day and year of birth. In the drop-down menu Sex, select your gender.
Step 9. Press NEXT
Step 10. Create a username
In the field Username, type the Gmail username you want to use (the name that will appear before @ gmail.com in your email address).
Your username must be a name that no one has used yet. If it is already taken, you will be asked to choose a different one
Step 11. Press NEXT
Step 12. Create a password
In the text field create a password, type the password you want to use then type it again in the field Confirm your password.
Step 13. Press NEXT
Step 14. Enter your phone number
In the text field Phone number, type a phone number where you can receive text messages.
- It is possible that a link Pass is displayed on the left of the page. If you want, you can press it to skip this step.
Step 15. Verify your phone number
When prompted, tap TO VERIFY, open the message sent by Google, write down the 6-digit code, type the code in the field Enter code then press FOLLOWING.
- If you pressed To jump in the previous step, also skip this step.
Step 16. Scroll down to the ACCEPT button
This button is located at the very bottom on the right side of the screen.
Step 17. Press NEXT
Your new Gmail inbox will open and you can add contacts, organize emails, and more.