Learn how to send Snapchat messages to people who aren't on your Friends List. They will be able to see your posts right away if their privacy settings are configured to receive messages from everyone. Otherwise, your snap will be "on hold" in the message list until they accept your invitation.
Step 1. Open the Snapchat app
If you haven't installed it yet, you can download it from the App Store or Play Store.
If you've already signed in to your account, you should type in your password and email address. You have the option to learn how to download and install Snapchat here
Step 2. Take a snap
Press the capture button to take a photo or hold your finger on it to record a video. It's a large white circular button that sits at the bottom of the screen.
Step 3. Press the send button
It is represented by a white arrow inside a blue circle and is located in the lower right corner of your screen. When you tap on it, you will be redirected to the page Send to.
Step 4. Type in the search bar
You will see this at the top of the page Send to. When you tap it, the keyboard will appear and you can start writing.
Step 5. Enter the name of the person you want to add
Snapchat will display a list of matching usernames at the bottom of the search bar as you type.
Step 6. Press the + button
You will see this next to the name you are looking for. If there is a result that matches your search, it will be displayed on the screen and will be followed by a button " + ". When you tap on it, that user will be added to your friends list on Snapchat.
Step 7. Press the send button
A blue bar followed by a white arrow and the name of your new friend will appear at the bottom of your screen. When you tap it, your snap will be sent to your new contact.
- If you don't know their username, you can also add friends from your phone's contact list using their snap code, or scan your immediate surroundings to find other Snapchat users. To do this, you should tap on the blue person icon which is located in the upper right corner of the page. Send to and open the menu ADD FRIENDS.
- Your contact will be able to see your snap if their privacy settings are configured to receive messages from everyone. Otherwise, the snap will be pending in the message list until it adds you in turn.
- Take the screenshot of your snap code, then add yourself as a friend for fun.
- You can view and modify your privacy settings by pressing Settings> Contact me. You can see similar settings by pressing Settings> View My Story.
- You can see the list of Snapchat users who recently added you as a friend. To do this, go back to the app's camera screen and tap THEY ADDED ME.