With the new Snapchat updates, it's now difficult to tell if someone has deleted you from their friends list. The easiest way to tell if someone has deleted you from their friends list is to check if you can still see the snap score next to your contact's name, but the only way to be absolutely sure is to 'send a snap to your contact and see if the snap is marked as "pending" instead of the usual "received". Also, if one of your contacts blocks you on Snapchat, you will no longer find their name anywhere and will not be able to access their profile and information.
Part 1 of 2: check the snap score
Step 1. Open the app
Click on the icon Snapchat, a yellow square with a white ghost in the center. This will open Snapchat and you will be right on the screen Camera if you are already logged in.
- If you are not logged in, click on the button connection and enter your email address and password.
Step 2. Open the Contact page
Slide your finger across the screen from left to right or tap the chat bubble at the bottom left of the screen to access your message list.
Step 3. Touch the New Chat icon
It's the chat bubble with a plus (+) right next to it, it's in the top right corner of the screen. You will see the list of your Snapchat contacts appear.
Step 4. Find a contact
Scroll through the list of your contacts until you find the desired contact.
Step 5. Touch and hold your friend's name
After a few seconds, your friend's information will appear on the screen.
Step 6. Find your friend's snap score
If they've added you to their contact list, you'll see a number to the right of their nickname, which is below their name.
- For example, if your friend has the nickname "baleinebeluga23" and their snap score is 200, you would read this line below their name: "baleinebeluga23 | 200".
- If you can't see your friend's snap score, they've probably removed you from their contact list. However, some privacy settings may also not show the score at all. To be 100% sure that this person has removed you from their list, go to Method 2 in this article.
Step 7. Find the word Added on an iPhone
If you are using Snapchat on an iPhone, you will see the mention Added in white in the center of a blue button, which will itself be to the right of your friend's name. This mention only appears if you have added the person concerned to your list, but they have not. If you see this “Added” button, it means that your friend has removed you from their contacts.
If you are using Android, the Added button will not appear even if your friend removes you from their list
Part 2 of 2: Submit a snap test
Step 1. Tap Snap
It can be found below the name of your contact. This will open the screen Camera from Snapchat.
- If you have closed the information window for your contact, find their name in the sections Friends Where New cat and double-tap its name to open the screen Camera from Snapchat.
Step 2. Take a snap
Point your phone's camera at any object you want to send and tap the big circular button at the bottom of the screen.
Take a picture of something or something that might start a conversation starter, in case your friend hasn't removed you from their contact list
Step 3. Tap the Send arrow
It is located in the lower right corner of your screen. By doing this, you will send the snap to your friend.
- On Android, you will need to press Send in the same place, then again on Send before continuing.
Step 4. Refresh the message page after your snap is sent
You will first see a red arrow below your friend's name, which means the snap has been sent. You can now hold your finger on the screen and drag it downward before releasing your finger to refresh the page. If the red arrow changes to a gray arrow with the words "Pending" next to it, your friend has deleted you from their Snapchat contacts.
- You may need to refresh the page several times before the gray "Pending" arrow appears.
- If the arrow remains red after refreshing the page several times, your friend hasn't deleted you from their contacts.