Having wrinkles is inevitable, especially around the mouth and around the eyes. In fact, these wrinkles even give the face a certain charm and uniqueness. However, if you choose not to have them, you can take action and delay their onset. In other words, by taking care of your skin, using homemade treatments and putting on makeup, you can reduce them so that you look radiant, no matter your age.
Method 1 of 3: Protect and take care of your skin
Step 1. Use sunscreen
Try to protect your skin when you are in the sun. You could use a broad spectrum sunscreen (against UVA and UVB rays) with a sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 30. You should also choose a sunscreen that has a physical filter, such as oxide. zinc.
- It is also recommended to wear a wide-brimmed hat to prevent the sun's rays from reaching you directly.
- Do not use sunscreens only when you go swimming or going to the beach. Try to apply a 24 hour moisturizer with sun protection every day. There are some that are specific for the face that you can buy as well.
- In addition to using sunscreen every day, repeat the application regularly when you are in the sun for long periods of time, especially if you must be wet or if you need to dry yourself off.
Step 2. Apply moisturizer every day
Face cream should be used daily because it will help keep your skin looking beautiful and healthy. On healthy skin, wrinkles are less noticeable compared to those that are dry and neglected. So apply the moisturizer to your face in the mornings and evenings after you've washed yourself.
- Remember to look for a 24 hour moisturizer with SPF.
- Use a small amount of moisturizer. Apply it first on the top of the nose, then rub it while distributing it on the forehead in upward movements. Always starting with the nose, rub it on the cheeks, then around the mouth. Use small circular motions to apply it well.
Step 3. Avoid having your face against the pillow
In fact, it is very likely that expression lines such as smile lines will develop when pressure is applied to the skin of the face. Therefore, you have to make the effort to sleep on your back. If you must sleep on your side, place your head so that your face is not resting on the pillow.
- Use a silk pillowcase, which generally has less tendency to pull on the skin.
- In addition, you should try not to put your face on your hands during the day.
Step 4. Stop or avoid smoking
Most likely, you should already know that smoking leads to many health problems, but you may not have known that it can also cause premature aging, breaking down the collagen in the skin and thus making wrinkles more visible..
- If you want to quit smoking, contact a doctor. Try using remedies like nicotine patches or gum.
- Ask your family for help. If they know you want to quit, they might help keep you from falling into temptation.
Step 5. Try to drink enough water during the day
The skin needs water to stay well hydrated. If you are suffering from dehydration, the expression lines will be more pronounced and therefore your skin will not be healthy enough. You should drink about 3 liters per day if you are a woman and 4 if you are a man.
Method 2 of 3: Use temporary measures
Step 1. Use a mixture of coconut oil and brown sugar
In a small bowl, combine equal parts brown sugar and coconut oil. Apply the mixture to the expression lines around the mouth, then rinse it off after. This will allow the skin to be exfoliated, but will also have the advantage of inflating it a little, which will help to visibly reduce the wrinkles that are caused by smiling.
Step 2. Make your lips plump
Do this for the areas around the mouth with a cream suitable for the eye contours. Applying such a product to these parts of your body can hydrate them and help fill in wrinkles. You should apply it twice a day: upon waking up and before going to bed.
- Look for a product that stimulates the production of elastin, as this substance helps visibly reduce wrinkles.
- Look for active ingredients like retinol, vitamin C, peptides, coenzyme Q10, nicotinamide, hydroxy acids, tea extracts, and grape seed extracts.
- In addition, these products can promote the production of collagen.
Step 3. Try a treatment that stimulates collagen production
Speak with a dermatologist to learn more about retinoids, vitamin C serum, glycolic acid peel that can promote collagen production. In fact, wrinkles are formed because of collagen which breaks down with age. By replacing at least some of this protein over time, you could visibly reduce expression lines like the lines that are caused by smiling.
- Products with active ingredients that stimulate collagen production should be applied every day. On the label, look for terms such as "boosts collagen" or "wrinkles." These products can also have moisturizing properties.
- To get the benefits of these products, you should apply them daily in order to get good long term results. However, you can start to notice changes in your skin within the first week of use.
- Try a serum made with hyaluronic acid, which helps hydrate the skin while boosting collagen.
- Prescription products contain a higher concentration of active ingredients, so they are likely to be more effective.
Method 3 of 3: Avoid smile lines through makeup
Step 1. Apply light makeup
If you overdo it with makeup, you risk making wrinkles too visible. Therefore, apply a light layer of foundation to make them less noticeable.
Step 2. Try applying moisturizer before makeup
Applying a face cream to the contour of the lips helps reduce their appearance. Also, use a lip balm to moisturize this area even more.
In the evening, you can also try applying a few drops of olive or coconut oil to your lips to moisturize them
Step 3. Use a primer
After applying the moisturizer, apply some primer. This product helps to make facial wrinkles less visible. Scrub it with a small brush or with your fingers.
Use a silicone-based primer, which can help fill in wrinkles, not just hide them
Step 4. Apply some foundation with a special brush
By using a sponge or your fingers, you risk forming a very thick layer. Instead, use a foundation brush to apply a light coat to your face, making sure to blend it well as you go.
- You can also go for another type of cosmetic, such as a colored moisturizer, which can also reduce wrinkles because of its lightness.
- Avoid using powdered products. Since they can accumulate in wrinkles, there is a risk that they accentuate rather than hide them.
Step 5. Apply lipstick and lip liner together
If you don't use the pencil, the lipstick will tend to spread into the fine lines. In fact, the lip liner acts as a barrier and prevents the lipstick from spilling out. Apply it all over the lip contour. When it comes to lipstick, choose one that is long-wearing or one that tends to last longer than a regular lipstick.
- Sponge your lips after application to prevent the lipstick from running.
- If you don't like the result created by the lip liner, try applying a transparent liner. You can also try a nude lip liner.
- Foods with a low glycemic index can improve skin tone and help fight wrinkles. Avoid foods high in sugars and eat a diet high in lean meats and vegetables.
- Keeping stress under control with regular physical activity can help fight premature aging caused by tension and anxiety. If you are feeling very anxious or stressed out, try meditation to allay your worries.
- If you already have deep smile lines that worry you, contact a dermatologist to find out the most effective cosmetic procedures to reduce them. Dermal fillers and laser treatments are two procedures that visibly reduce these wrinkles. Your doctor will recommend the best treatment for your skin.