Many girls dream of having pretty full lips, and if yours are naturally thin, you may be wondering how to make them fuller. You can apply makeup to make them look fuller, use a plumping product, or even apply a little cinnamon to make them plump temporarily. Prepare your lips by exfoliating them well and you will get an attractive and sensual mouth.
Method 1 of 3: Use temporary techniques
Step 1. Use a product to make your lips plump
In the cosmetics section of your drugstore, you'll find shelves filled with products designed to plump your lips. These lip glosses and lip sticks usually contain ingredients like cinnamon oil or capsaicin, the substance that makes peppers hot. These ingredients slightly irritate the skin, causing it to swell temporarily.
- Products intended to plump your lips are usually quite glossy, which creates a slightly fuller appearance.
- Caffeine is also commonly found in these products. Check the ingredient list if you are sensitive to this substance.
Step 2. Try brushing your lips with a little cinnamon
Cinnamon is a mildly irritating substance that can easily cause your lips to swell subtly. Pour some cinnamon powder on an old toothbrush (which you no longer use) and then use it to brush your lips. Gently erase them until they become full and swollen.
- Try making your own cinnamon lip gloss by mixing a little cinnamon with a teaspoon of coconut oil. Place it in an old tube and use it whenever your lips need a boost.
- It is normal for you to feel a slight tingling sensation, but if your lips are sore after using cinnamon, switch to another method.
Step 3. Rub your lips with peppermint oil
Mint, like cinnamon, has a mild irritant effect which can cause subtle swelling of the lips. A great natural way to plump your lips is to rub a few drops of peppermint oil on them.
- Create your own gloss by mixing 5 drops of peppermint oil with a teaspoon of coconut oil. Pour it into an old tube of lip gloss.
- If your lips are sore after rubbing them with peppermint, use another method.
Step 4. Rub a chilli pepper on your lips
This method is not for the faint of heart, but it works! Take a small piece of green chili or another chili that isn't too hot and rub it on your lips. In a few seconds, your lips will start to swell, just like after you've eaten a spicy dish or sauce.
- Do not try this with red or hot peppers, as the experience may become unpleasant.
- You can also dab some dried chili powder on your lips, such as cayenne pepper, to make your lips puff up slightly.
Method 2 of 3: Applying makeup
Step 1. Start with an exfoliant
Exfoliating your lips increases blood circulation, helping blood to distribute throughout your lips to make them fuller. Use a toothbrush to remove dry skin and chapped skin and let the fresh skin appear underneath.
- You can take the opportunity to moisturize your lips by using coconut oil. Put some coconut oil on your toothbrush and rub your lips. Your lips will be shiny and fresh when you're done.
- You can also make a moisturizing exfoliant by mixing together olive oil and brown sugar in equal parts. Gently massage your lips with the pads of your fingers then dry yourself with a towel.
- You can also use baking soda to exfoliate them more deeply. Mix a teaspoon of baking soda with enough water to make a paste, then apply it to your toothbrush and erase your lips.
Step 2. Use a lip liner to widen your lip contour
Choose a lip liner that is the same color as your lips, a few shades darker than your facial skin tone. Carefully draw your lips an inch or more above and below your natural lip line. Fill in the space created with the lip liner. This will create the illusion that your lips are fuller than they really are.
- Don't be tempted to make them look too big or it will be obvious that you are using your makeup to artificially create fuller lips.
- To make your lips stand out, use colored lipstick or lip gloss on top of the pencil, covering both of your lips and the area you just drew.
Step 3. Frame your lips with deeper colors
You can create a fuller effect by using a darker color on the underside of your lower lip and a slightly lighter color around your lips. Choose a deep red and apply it on the outer part of your lower lip. Make up the underside of your upper lip as well. Use a slightly lighter red to make up the rest of your lips, down and up. Use your fingers to blend the colors well between them.
- Use a highlighter to create the illusion of volume on your lips.
- To create a more defined line, use a lip liner of a darker shade on the lower edge of your lower lip and a lighter color on your upper lip.
- To finalize your makeup, apply a coat of clear shine.
Step 4. Use a glossy lipstick
If you don't have time to outline your lips, wearing a glossy lipstick is a quick way to make your lips look fuller. Choose a pink, red or even clear gloss that will make your lips stand out from the rest of your face. The contrast in texture will make your lips look fuller than normal.
Step 5. Light up the cupid's bow above your lips
This is the ridged area between the bottom of your nose and the top of your upper lip. By emphasizing the latter, you will draw attention to your lips and make them fuller and plumper. Apply your product to the upper arc of your lips or just use a clear lip gloss to make it feel.
Method 3 of 3: Try the long-term methods
Step 1. Learn about injections
If temporary methods aren't enough for you, you can turn to long-term lip plumping. With fuller lips growing in popularity, there are dozens of options available. The most famous lip injections are botox, but there are other options that use different chemicals to make your lips full.
- During the treatments, the product is injected into the lips, which makes them more swollen. The effect usually lasts for several months.
- Make sure you research thoroughly and choose a trained and highly experienced professional.
Step 2. Consider permanent makeup
If you are tired of drawing your lips in pencil every day, permanent makeup may be the right choice for you. It basically involves tattooing the area around your lips to make them look fuller or more colorful.
- If you've thought about it a lot and want to try permanent makeup, do a lot of research to find a professional who will help you achieve the result you desire.
- It is very difficult to remove permanent makeup, so only go this route if you are absolutely sure that this is what you want.