Besides its reputation and its bewitching fragrance, the rose is also known for its cosmetic properties. Indeed, the hydrosol obtained from the flower is a concentrate of benefits for your skin. Refreshing, toning, purifying, hydrating and antibacterial, it will fit perfectly into your beauty routine. In daily application, rose hydrosol restores radiance and freshness to the complexion, refines the skin texture and reduces the signs of aging. It can also replace your regular cleanser and makeup remover. Thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties, rose hydrosol can be used as a one-off treatment to relieve and soothe your skin. In case of acne, incorporate it in your care to eliminate and prevent the appearance of comedones. It balances the skin's pH and cleanses it, which helps maintain naturally beautiful and clear skin.
Part 1 of 3: cleanse your face with rose hydrosol
Step 1. Cleanse your skin with rose hydrosol
Its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties help maintain healthy skin. Purifying and hydrating, rose hydrosol is a cleansing product that you can use daily. To optimize its effectiveness, combine it with vegetable glycerin and rose essential oil.
- Vegetable glycerin, available in liquid form, is renowned for its emollient and softening properties. It deeply hydrates the skin without leaving a greasy film.
- You can get vegetable glycerin and rose essential oil in stores dedicated to cosmetics or on online sites. You can easily find rose hydrosol on the market, because it is also used in cooking to flavor pastries and desserts. However, check that it is indeed a hydrosol and not a scented water.
- Prepare your cleanser in a medium bowl. Add 200 ml of water, two tablespoons of vegetable glycerin and ten drops of rose essential oil. Homogenize the mixture using a spatula. It should have a thick, slightly viscous consistency.
- Once your preparation is complete, pour it into a bottle with a stopper or a pump. Make sure the container is clean and dry beforehand.
- Close your bottle and label it. You can use your cleanser morning and night.
Step 2. Use rose hydrosol as a tonic
Industrial lotions often contain chemicals and alcohol that dry out and attack the skin. Conversely, rose hydrosol is a gentle and natural product, ideal as a daily tonic. It revitalizes the skin by restoring radiance and freshness and refines the skin texture. In addition, it relieves skin discomfort such as tightness or tingling thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties. As a tonic, the hydrosol is used pure, which makes its application very simple.
- Pour the rose hydrosol into a spray bottle or a bottle.
- Keep the hydrosol cool to optimize its tightening effect. In addition, it prevents any microbial or bacterial contamination.
- Use the hydrosol as soon as you need it. Just soak a cotton ball with it and dab it on your face.
Step 3. Revitalize your skin with rose hydrosol
For a fresh and luminous complexion, spray the hydrosol directly on your face before applying your skin care cream to the still damp skin. If your face is marked by signs of fatigue or stress, you can use the hydrosol several times a day to benefit from its tightening effect. Also take advantage of its scent to relax.
Part 2 of 3: treat acne with rose hydrosol
Step 1. Prepare a mask based on rose hydrosol and sandalwood powder
Rose hydrosol has an astringent and antibacterial action that deeply cleanses and purifies the skin. Sandalwood, native to India, is used to fight blemishes, refresh the complexion and cleanse the skin. Combining these two elements is ideal for drying imperfections, regulating sebum production, fading acne scars and mattifying the complexion.
- To prepare your dough, plan one dose of hydrosol for two doses of sandalwood powder.
- Mix the two ingredients in a bowl until you get a smooth paste.
- Using your fingertips, place the paste on your face, avoiding the eye and mouth area. Keep the mask on until it dries completely.
- Rinse off the mask with lukewarm water and then pat your face dry with a clean towel. Finish your treatment by applying a moisturizer suitable for your skin type.
Step 2. Prepare a lotion with lemon juice and rose hydrosol
Lemon is renowned for its astringent, antibacterial, sebum-regulating and purifying properties. In synergy with lemon juice, rose hydrosol creates an effective lotion to eliminate and prevent acne. However, lemon juice can have a drying effect. It is therefore preferable not to abuse it or even to avoid it in case of sensitive skin.
- Mix the rose hydrosol and lemon juice in equal parts.
- Apply the lotion to your face using a cotton ball and leave it on for about ten minutes.
- Rinse your face with lukewarm water and then pat it dry with a clean towel. Then moisturize your skin.
Step 3. Combine the cucumber, honey and rose hydrosol
Create an effective mask against pimples and acne scars by combining refreshing and hydrating cucumber juice, purifying and healing honey and rose hydrosol. Your skin will be clearer, refreshed and hydrated. In addition, this treatment is gentler on the skin and therefore better tolerated.
- Mix equal parts honey, rose hydrosol and cucumber juice.
- With your fingertips, apply the mask to the face and leave it on for fifteen to twenty minutes.
- Then rinse your face and dry it with a clean towel.
Part 3 of 3: removing makeup with rose hydrosol
Step 1. Make a makeup remover with coconut oil and rose hydrosol
Forget industrial makeup removers that attack your skin. To remove the most stubborn makeup, mix a few drops of coconut oil and rose hydrosol. Easy to obtain and inexpensive, these ingredients nourish and hydrate your skin while cleansing it perfectly. Note that it is best to buy organic products in order to get the most of their benefits.
Step 2. Prepare your natural makeup remover
Coconut oil is solid at room temperature, but it melts easily. Prefer packaging in a jar, because it is more practical and economical. Take the desired amount of coconut oil and heat it to liquefy it. Add an equivalent amount of rose hydrosol. Mix vigorously with a wooden spatula or a whisk to combine the two elements.
Step 3. Transfer your preparation to a jar
If you are using a vial, you will need to melt the contents each time you use it as the coconut oil solidifies below 25 ° C. To avoid this maneuver, prefer the use of a pot. This will allow you to remove the makeup remover more easily with your fingers or a small spatula. If using coconut oil as a makeup remover is difficult, opt for light vegetable oils such as macadamia oil, argan oil or sweet almond oil.
Step 4. Use makeup remover
To apply your product, it is best to use a cotton pad. Cleanse your face, paying particular attention to the makeup areas. If necessary, use several cotton pads to make sure you remove all makeup residue. Note that it is also possible to remove make-up only with oil at first and to perfect the cleansing with a hydrosol second.
- Use rose hydrosol daily to cleanse your skin in the morning and evening or to refresh you during the day.
- Incorporate rose hydrosol into your cosmetic products to optimize their effectiveness and give them a natural and pleasant scent.
- Rose hydrosol can help you fight puffy eyes. Soak two cotton pads in them and place them over your eyes.
- Whatever ingredients you choose, choose organic products.
- To remove makeup, you can replace coconut oil with another vegetable oil that is easier to use.
- Lemon juice can attack or dry out your skin. If you feel intense tingling when you apply it, rinse the treatment immediately. Avoid lemon juice if your skin is fragile or sensitive. Also, be aware that it is photosensitizing. It is therefore preferable to carry out your lemon treatments in the evening.
- If you are using rose essential oil, take your precautions. Perform a test by applying your treatment in the crease of the elbow. If that doesn't trigger a reaction, you can use it. Also note that the use of essential oils is strongly discouraged, or even prohibited in children and pregnant women. If in doubt, check with a specialist.