You alone decide to be really pretty. All it takes is a change in mindset and a boost of confidence and self-esteem. It is, indeed, easier said than done.
Part 1 of 3: Be pretty inside
Step 1. Understand your own seduction
This is the most important step to find yourself prettier. You must understand that your beauty comes from you and is within you and not from an outside source. So you have to learn to feel it that way.
- Make a list of everything you like about your home. This includes things like helping someone with their grocery bags, listening to a friend, or being the best at baking.
- When you wake up each morning, stand in front of the mirror, smile at yourself and say out loud: "I look beautiful" and "I am happy". The more you say it, the more you will convince your brain that it is.
- List what you find beautiful about your home. You might have big brown eyes, a cute nose, or full lips, or an infectious laugh. If you can't find anything, seek the advice of a trusted friend or family member.
- Remember your list when you're not doing yourself well.
Step 2. Kill the negativity at its origin
Negative thoughts make our brains believe them. If we think we are awful, our brain will be convinced of it. You have to convince your brain that these thoughts are not true.
- Identify your negative thought when it arises. If, for example, you think, "My nose is ugly," say to yourself instead, "I'm thinking my nose is ugly." It makes it look like it's not about you.
- Let go of negative thoughts. You cannot reduce yourself to your thoughts, but thoughts can be very destructive to your self-esteem.
- Replace the negative thought with a more positive one. Even if you don't really believe in positive thinking, you can trick your brain into believing it.
Step 3. Build your insurance
Everyone has qualities, both inside and out, but it's important to realize that people are more than their looks. It's great to admire people (and yourself!) For their physical attractiveness, but it's even better to see what's inside. There will always be a girl prettier, luckier and more surrounded by suitors.
- Don't be too hard on yourself. You are your own worst enemy. Allow yourself the freedom to sometimes be less attractive as well. Insurance is all about trusting yourself even on days when you are not at your peak.
- Don't judge others. What you think of others says a lot about you. Try to think positive and kind thoughts of others. It will have a positive impact on you.
- Don't compare yourself to others. It will only undermine your self-confidence. Besides, this girl with the sublime hair may be having problems in other areas of her life.
- Pretend… You can trick your brain into pretending to be self-confident. Act like you already know you are very pretty and you will believe it.
- Don't think that you have to be in a romantic relationship to be valuable. What you are worth and your insurance is up to you and you alone. If you leave it to others to value you, you won't learn to really trust yourself.
- Allow yourself a little selfishness. You are the master of your image and you can make sure to showcase what is most attractive to you. When you are feeling less confident, flaunt your assets to remind yourself that you are pretty!
Part 2 of 3: Look pretty on the outside
Step 1. Change your appearance
A change in your appearance can give you a boost of confidence and free you from a feeling of confinement. It can also be fun!
- Change your hairstyle. Cut your hair, style it differently, streak or dye it pink.
- Make yourself a captivating look with the right makeup or wear a bright lipstick.
Treat yourself to a free makeup session. Head to the department store makeup booth near you and ask for help trying out new colors. If you're always wearing peach undertones, tell the makeup professional to try something else entirely. You will come home with a fabulous face
- A new item of clothing can transform your entire wardrobe: a new skirt or shirt or even a scarf.
Step 2. Wear clothes, makeup, and accessories that make you look pretty and confident
It's better to wear clothes that you are comfortable in than clothes that are at the top of the trend but don't like to wear. Your feeling of discomfort will be noticeable.
Make sure your clothes are the right size. It's hard to be comfortable if your pants are too tight at the waist or if your bra leaves marks on your skin
Step 3. Pamper yourself
If you make time for yourself to do something that relaxes you, it can boost your self-esteem and can relax you, which in turn will help you keep a positive mind.
- Feel pretty all the way to your toes with an at-home pedicure. Go wild! Wear one or two toe rings. Paint each nail a different color, use glitter, or try a shade you're not yet ready to wear on your toes.
- Give your skin extra care. When you pamper yourself, it shows. So treat yourself to a face mask to have velvety skin.
Step 4. Make sure you are healthy
Good health is not only attractive, it also indicates that your mind is healthy! It can help you with depression and prevent you from getting sick. It's hard to feel pretty if you've caught a cold.
- Sleep plays a huge role in health. Too little sleep attacks the nervous system and can lead to depression and illness. If you can't get the recommended 8-9 hours of sleep per night, be sure to correct it with a nap during the day.
- Exercise that releases endorphins and serotonin, which improve your mood and are good for your body. There are lots of ways to exercise: learn yoga, dance, walk or run, do aerobics, Zumba. It can be a lot of fun.
- Learn to meditate! Meditation can help your brain let go of negative thoughts. It can also help with depression, eating disorder and stress management.
- Laugh! Get hold of a friend and remember a funny event you had together or watch your favorite comedy movie. Laughter can be a remedy to relieve pain, help you cope with a difficult situation, and improve your mood.
- Sunbathe. The sun is known for its positive effect on mood. In fact, northern Europeans, where the sun rarely shines in winter, indulge in light therapy to combat depression. Take care of your skin when you're in the sun and wear full sunscreen.
Part 3 of 3: look pretty
Step 1. Be attractive by being kind, respectful of others, and pleasant
You can react to physical seduction right away, but studies have shown that people will re-evaluate their perception of this seduction in relation to character traits.
- Listen to people when they are talking. You don't have to be a doormat to listen to others talk, and you will be noticed that you are interested in what they are saying.
- Kindness is the most important quality in evaluating seduction, according to psychologist Paul Bloom. It means giving a helping hand when they need it and not judging others (see previous step).
Step 2. Decide what you consider attractive
Remember that beauty is truly in the eyes of the beholder. Each culture has its own criteria of beauty. The obsession with thinness set up as a criterion of beauty did not really begin until the sixties.