Learn how to make TikTok videos longer than 15 seconds with your iPhone or iPad. To make longer videos, record the video with your iPhone's camera app, and then upload it to TikTok.
Step 1. Use your iPhone or iPad's camera to take a video
At this point you don't need to open the TikTok app yet. You just need to tap the icon Camera on your home screen, then swipe right on the VIDEO option and press the big red button to record your video.
- Once you've finished recording your video, tap the red square at the bottom middle of your screen.
- Make sure your video is less than 5 minutes long.
Step 2. Open TikTok
This is the black square containing a white musical note. It is usually found on the home screen.
Step 3. Press +
This button is located in the lower center of the screen and takes you to the recording screen.
Step 4. Tap the photo icon on the right of the recording screen
A list of songs and videos saved on your iPhone or iPad is displayed.
Step 5. Tap the video you just recorded
Once it is live, you will see a message telling you the length of the selected video.
Step 6. Drag the border to surround the chosen portion of the video
The border is at the bottom of the screen. The right side of the video indicates the end of it.
Step 7. Tap Next
This is at the top right of the screen.
Step 8. Edit your video and tap Next
- To add music, tap the circular icon at the top right of your screen and select the song you want, just as you would if you were recording a video in TikTok.
- You can change when the song starts by tapping the scissors icon and selecting the portion of the song you want the video to start on.
- Change the soundtrack or volume of the video by pressing the sliders at the top right.
- If you want to add special effects, tap the clock at the bottom left.
- To change the cover image, tap the small square cover icon.
- To add a color filter, tap the overlapping tri-color circles.
Step 9. Add a caption and / or tag your friends
You can also adjust your video's privacy settings by selecting an option from the Who can see my video? Menu..
Step 10. Tap Post
This video, which is longer than the others, is now shared!