One of the best things about Facebook is that it allows you to keep in touch with your friends and celebrate the wonderful friendship between you. Post photos, comment and react to your friends' posts to create memories of your relationship online that you can share through the “Memories” option. In addition, the platform constantly notifies you of memories on your news feed. So check this once a day. These features are a great way to remind your friends (as well as you) how special your friendship is.
Method 1 of 2: Use the "Souvenirs" feature
Step 1. Go to your News Feed from a phone or computer
Log in to Facebook using your password and username. Normally, you will be redirected to your news feed immediately. You can also click on Home or on the Facebook logo at the top of the social network site.
If you're using the mobile version of Facebook, click on the News Feed logo at the top or bottom left of your screen
Step 2. Select Memories on the left of your screen
You will find this option in the section Browse on the website. Normally you will see it in the middle of the screen.
- In the case of the mobile version of Facebook, click on the three bars tab to find the option Memories. You will see it in the section Browse Where Applications.
Step 3. Look at your memories of the day and choose one to share
Functionality Memories will present a list of your activities on Facebook on that date since you created an account on the platform. At the bottom of the page, you'll also see other keepsakes that Facebook thinks you'll enjoy. Look for the button To share at the bottom of each post. Then you can determine who you want to share the content with.
- If the post was originally private, you won't be able to share it. This is the reason why you will not see the option To share for some publications.
- Sharing a post that you saw in the Memories section will make it appear in the News Feed of the person you decide to share it with. You can also tag friends in the post and comment on the memory when you share it.
- Only you will see posts for this feature unless you share them.
Step 4. Share a birthday video
This is the day you became friends with someone on Facebook. From time to time, the functionality Memories will alert you that you befriended someone on Facebook on that date a few years ago. If this happens, the site can make a video compiling your interactions and images on the platform. This post is very special and you should share it to show your friend how excited you are about your friendship!
- Note that Facebook automatically generates these videos only for the friends you chat with often. They don't show up on everyone's wall.
- Unfortunately, birthday videos are not permanent. In addition, they will be immediately deleted at the end of the day.
Step 5. Filter the memories, if you like
Sometimes Facebook can accidentally celebrate times you'd rather forget. Functionality Memories gives you the option to exclude people and dates. Just click on Preferences when you're on the option page and select the people or dates you don't want Facebook to commemorate.
Only you know that you have excluded these people from this feature. Your friend will not receive a notification that you have made this decision
Method 2 of 2: Check your news feed
Step 1. Update your news feed daily
Most of the features and other recaps of memories will appear in your News Feed. To make sure you don't miss an opportunity to celebrate a friendship, check your news feed once a day.
Step 2. Share memories that Facebook has compiled
At the top of your News Feed, you can sometimes see that Facebook has collected memories from the past month, year, or season. These are usually the photos you've posted or those you've been tagged with. Each memorabilia collection has a sharing option at the bottom of the post.
You also have the option to insert a message like "I had an amazing summer with my friends Emma and Kyla!" "
Step 3. See if you have received a celebratory message
Facebook can also let you know when you have reached a new and exciting milestone with your friends. These messages will also appear at the top of your News Feed. For now, you are the only one who can see these celebrations. However, if you feel like sharing them, take a screenshot and post the pic!
- These milestones could be when you have reached 100 friends or when your posts have been liked 1,000 times.
- At some point, Facebook may make these celebrations a topic to share.
Step 4. Be informed of new features in Facebook
The platform is constantly creating new ways to celebrate friendship using the website or its mobile app. Functionality Memories Where That day was launched in March 2015. To make sure you're up to date, do a Google search each month for new Facebook features.