With 2.8 billion active users per month at the end of 2020, Facebook has become an essential tool for making yourself known or your brand known. Through Facebook Pages, you can promote a business, organization, blog, public figure, or personal brand. In addition, it is possible to create them in the mobile application, as on the website.
Method 1 of 2: Use the mobile app
Step 1. Open Facebook
This is the blue and white “f” icon on the home screen or in the application drawer. Tap it to open your news feed if you're already signed in to Facebook.
If you are not yet logged in to Facebook, start by entering your email address (or phone number) followed by your password
Step 2. Press the ☰ menu button
These are the three horizontal lines at the bottom right (on iPhone or iPad) or at the top right (on Android).
Step 3. Scroll down to the Pages option
This option is at the bottom of the menu. If you already have at least one page, tap instead Your pages.
Step 4. Select + Create
This is the option at the top left. Tap it to view information about Facebook pages.
Step 5. Press the blue Start button
You will find it at the bottom of the screen.
Step 6. Select up to 3 categories
Then tap Next. Choose categories that reflect the type of content offered on your page. For example, if you are an actor (or actress), type actor in the search bar and then press Actor in search results.
Step 7. Name your page then tap Next
The name of your page should be that of your organization, brand, or business.
Step 8. Enter your website address
Then tap Next. If you don't have a website, you can tap I don't have a website at the bottom and leave the Enter a website field empty.
Adding a website is optional, but it can increase your visibility, especially if you are creating a page for a business, product, service, or something like that
Step 9. Add a profile and cover photo
Your profile photo should be your photo or logo, and the cover image can be any image you want to display at the top of your page. The process varies from photo to photo.
- Press on Add a profile picture, select the image and edit it if you want. When you are finished, press Use.
- Press on Add cover photo, choose an image, and then press Ended. Then drag the photo to properly fit the dimensions required for the cover photo.
- Choose Save to preview your profile photo and cover photo.
Step 10. Press the blue Done button
You will find it at the bottom of the screen. Tap it to bring up the Important Next Steps window.
Step 11. Select Next
Then follow the on-screen instructions. You'll be asked to invite friends to like your page, create a welcome post, and add a button that will make it easier to interact with users. Scroll to the left to go through each step of the setup. When you're done, tap anywhere on the page to see what it looks like.
- Tap the cogwheel icon at the top right to access your page settings. This is where you can edit the page information, configure your email preferences, add your location, and more.
- Slightly scroll your page to bring up the navigation bar with the options Home, Groups, Events, etc. This is where you can manage the different parts of your page, create events, add more photos, etc.
- Press on Create a post to create your first post.
Method 2 of 2: Use a desktop computer
Step 1. Open this page in a web browser
If you are logged in to Facebook, this will open the Create Page window. Otherwise, follow the onscreen instructions to sign in.
Step 2. Type the name of your page
In the Page name field at the top left, type the name you want to give your page. It could be the name of your organization, your brand or your business.
Step 3. Enter up to 3 categories
By putting your page in the right categories, you allow your target audience to find you. To start, click on the field Category in the left panel for some suggestions. You can also type in a category like blog, public figure, or interior design and then click on it in the search results.
Step 4. Type a description
The Description panel on the left should contain certain information about your products, services, organization, or brand. You can type up to 255 characters in this field.
Step 5. Click the Create Page button
You will find it in the lower left corner. Click on it to bring up additional fields at the bottom of the left panel.
Step 6. Select Add Profile Photo
This option is in the left panel under Images. Select an image that contains your portrait or your brand (or organization) logo. When people search for your page, they'll see the profile picture next to its name in search results.
Step 7. Choose Add Cover Photo
The cover photo is a large image that appears across the top of your page. When you select an image, you can drag it to the desired position in the preview window.
Step 8. Click the Save button
You'll find it at the bottom in the left panel. Click on it to save your changes and be redirected to your newly created page.
- Select Edit page information in the left panel to edit general information for your page, to add contact information, your location and other details.
- Choose Settings at the bottom of the left panel to manage your page visibility, email preferences, and other options.
- Add as much information as possible to make sure users are well informed.
- In general, you can get more people to like your page by posting visual content (such as videos and photos) rather than just written content. This will also promote your page for free.
- If you want to make changes to your page, but you don't want other users to see them until you're done, you have the option to temporarily hide your page.
- If you ever decide to delete your Facebook page, you will have 14 days to reverse your decision.