A constant flow of content on your Facebook page can help keep your readers engaged. However, if you don't want to constantly release new posts, you have the option of scheduling them! Facebook no longer allows scheduling posts to personal accounts (even if you use apps like HootSuite or Later), but you can still do so on company or organization pages. The process is relatively simple!
Method 1 of 2: On a computer
Step 1. Log in to Facebook
If you are not yet signed in, follow the onscreen instructions to do so.
Facebook does not allow you to schedule posts for your personal account. This is only possible for the pages you manage. In general, pages are used for companies, organizations, blogs or personalities
Step 2. Click Pages
This is the option with the orange flag in the menu on the left.
- If you have not yet created a page, you can do so by selecting + Create a Page in the left menu after clicking on Pages.
Step 3. Select your page
The pages you manage appear in the left menu under the Pages heading.
Step 4. Go to Publishing Tools
This tab is in the left menu.
Step 5. Click Create Publication
It's the blue button at the top left of existing posts.
Step 6. Create your post
In the Write a post field, type the post you want to appear. You can add photos, tags, emoticons and whatever you want.
Step 7. Click Share Now
This option is located below the input box and allows you to display a list of publication options.
Step 8. Choose Schedule from the menu
This will open a new window.
Step 9. Select the publication date and time
Click on today's date to display a calendar where you can choose a later date (if necessary) and the current time to choose another time. The time and date you select are in your own time zone.
- 20 minutes is the shortest time to schedule, but you can schedule posts up to 6 months in advance.
- Remember to check that the time indicated is correct (in case the clock shows only 12 hours instead of 24).
Step 10. Click Schedule to save the post
It's the blue button at the bottom right of the pop-up window. Your post will appear on the page's news feed at the specified date and time.
- If you change your mind about the publication schedule, you can return to the Publishing Tools page, select Scheduled publications then click on the arrow next to the publication to display other options (Publish, Reschedule or Delete).
- To edit the content of the scheduled post, return to Posting Tools, click Scheduled publications then select To modify on the publication.
Method 2 of 2: On a phone or tablet
Step 1. Install Facebook Page Manager on your device
Neither the Facebook mobile app nor the mobile website offers the ability to schedule posts on your page.
On iPhone or Pad:
go to this page to download the app or search for Facebook Page Manager in the App Store.
go to the Play Store in your mobile web browser to download the Facebook Page Manager or search for it in the Google Play Store.
- Earlier in 2020, Facebook planned to replace the Facebook Pages Manager app with a new app called the Facebook Business Suite. If you can't find Facebook Page Manager in the App Store or Play Store, download the Facebook Business Suite instead.
Step 2. Open the Facebook Pages Manager
Once the app is installed, you can open it by tapping the orange and gray flag icon in your apps list. If you are not yet signed in, follow the onscreen instructions to sign in with the Facebook account you use to manage the page.
Step 3. Open the page where you want to schedule a post
If you only manage one page, you should see its name at the top of the screen. To select another page, tap the page icon at the bottom left and then select the page in question.
Step 4. Tap Publish
It's the gray button at the top left of the screen.
Step 5. Compose the post you want to schedule
Type the post as you want it published in the Write a post field. You can use the bottom menu to add photos, your location, choose a mood or activity, or select one of the other options available.
Step 6. Choose Next when you are finished
This will preview your post.
You won't be able to edit the post's content once you've scheduled it, so make sure it's exactly the way you want it. If you need to change anything, hit the back button
Step 7. Tap Publish Options
This option can be found in the menu at the top of the screen.
Step 8. Select Schedule For Later
This option is under Publish Now which is selected by default.
Step 9. Choose a date and time
Select the time and date you want your post to appear on your news feed. Make sure the time is correct.
- The shortest publication time is 20 minutes and the longest is 6 months.
- The time and date you select are in your own time zone.
Step 10. Tap Set Date
This option is at the top right. The selected time and date will appear under Post Options at the top of the screen.
Step 11. Choose Schedule to save your changes
This option is located at the top right and allows you to save and schedule the publication. The defined content will appear on the page's news feed at the specified date and time.
Step 12. Edit a scheduled publication (optional)
If you decide to publish the post right away rather than wait, you can do so. You also have the option to permanently delete the post by doing the following:
- tap the post icon (the two overlapping windows) at the bottom of the screen to display a list of posts;
- display the drop-down menu then select Program (if it is not yet selected);
- tap the three dots to the right of the scheduled post;
- select Publish now to publish it right away or Delete the post if you don't want to publish it anymore.
- According to users, scheduling posts at regular intervals, especially during periods of high traffic, results in more subscribers.
- With each of these methods, you can add photos, videos, or links just like you would when posting manually. However, you cannot schedule photo albums or events.