You can download videos from Facebook without having to register, pay or install any software by using desktop, iPhone or Android and logging into the SaveFrom site. The video you are interested in must be public before it can be downloaded. Friends videos shared only with friends (the Friends and Friends setting) are not downloadable, and tools that tell you they can do so usually cannot.
Method 1 of 3: Download Facebook Videos to Desktop
Step 1. Log in to Facebook
Go to Facebook from your usual web browser. If you are logged in, you will land on your news feed page.
- If you are not logged in, enter your email address and password in the text fields at the top right of the page then click on Log in.
Step 2. Find the video you want to download
You can either scroll through your news feed to the video you are interested in, or click on the search bar at the top of the page, enter the name of the person who posted the video and search their account for the video. in question.
Step 3. Check the video's privacy settings
The video can be downloaded without issue if there is a globe icon somewhere below the name of the person or page that posted it. This means it is public.
The video cannot be downloaded if you see a padlock or the silhouette of 2 people instead of the globe
Step 4. Right click on the video
Once on the video, right click on it to open a drop-down menu. The menu may not appear the first time and you may have to do it several times.
- You can press Ctrl and click on the video if you are using a Mac.
- If there is no right click button on your mouse, click on its right side or use 2 fingers to click it.
- If you're using a trackpad instead of a mouse, tap it with 2 fingers or press the right trackpad button.
Step 5. Select Show Video URL
This option is at the bottom of the drop-down menu and displays a pop-up window that contains the link to the Facebook video.
Step 6. Copy the video link
To select the link in the pop-up window, press Ctrl + C (if you're using a Windows computer) or Command + C (if you're using a Mac). This will copy the link from the video.
- You can also right-click on the link and then, in the drop-down menu that appears, select To copy.
Step 7. Go to the SaveFrom website
Go to this page from your usual web browser. With this site, you will be able to download videos from Facebook using their web address.
Step 8. Paste the Facebook video link
Click on the text field Just insert a link at the top of the page and then press Ctrl + V (if you're using a Windows computer) or Command + V (if you're using a Mac). After a few seconds, you will see the video preview icon appear below the text field.
- Another method is to right click on the text field and then select To stick on from the drop-down menu that appears.
Step 9. Click Download
Next to the video preview you will see a green button To download. Click on it to immediately download the video to the folder Downloads from your computer. Depending on your browser settings, you may need to confirm the download or select a save location.
- SaveFrom will automatically download the video in the highest possible quality. If you want to download it in a lower quality, click on ∨ to the right of MP4 HD and choose another option (for example MP4 SD).
Method 2/3: Download Facebook Videos to iPhone
Step 1. Download the Documents application
- Open the App Store by tapping the icon
which is on one of your home screens.
- Press on To research.
- Tap the search bar.
- Type documents in the search bar.
- Start the search by pressing the button To research.
- Press on GET to download the application. This button is to the right of the header Documents by Readdle.
- When prompted, enter your Touch ID or Apple ID.
Step 2. Log in to Facebook
Return to the Home screen by pressing the Home button on your iPhone. Tap the icon which is a white "f" on a dark blue background to open the Facebook app. If you are signed in to your account, this will open your news feed.
If you are not logged into your Facebook account, first enter your email address and password in the dedicated fields
Step 3. Go to the video you want to download
Scroll through your news feed to the video you want to download. You can also go to the account of the person who shared or posted it to find it.
Step 4. Make sure the video is public
The video you want to download is public if you see a globe icon at the bottom right of the name of the person or page that posted it. If so, you can download it.
The video is not available for download if, instead of the globe, you see a silhouette in the shape of 2 people or a padlock
Step 5. Open the video
Start playing the video by tapping on it. This step is important because if you do anything without playing the video you will get a broken link.
Step 6. Select Share
This option is directly below the video you are playing. It opens a menu.
Step 7. Tap Copy Link
This option can be found in the menu that has just appeared. It copies the video address to your iPhone's clipboard.
- You may need to scroll down the menu to view this option.
- The option Copy link will not be available if you open the video from the section Checked in from Facebook.
Step 8. Open Documents
Press the home button on your iPhone again, then tap the Documents app icon which looks like a multicolored "D" on a white background.
You may need to take a tutorial first before you can continue
Step 9. Open the browser
Tap the Safari icon in the lower right corner of the screen. To open the browser page, you may need to drag this icon from right to left.
Step 10. Tap the address bar
This is the text field at the top of the screen.
Step 11. Go to the SaveFrom website
In the address bar of the browser, type savefrom.net then press the blue button Go on your keyboard.
Step 12. Paste the video address
Press the first time on the text field at the top of the page and then a second time to open the keyboard of your iPhone. Select To stick on in the pop-up menu that appears.
- If during this step, you see an advertisement appearing in a window, simply press X at the top left of the page.
Step 13. Tap Download
The green button To download is in the middle of the page, below the video preview.
- By default, the site will select the best possible video quality, but if you want you can change this setting by pressing MP4 HD then selecting the quality you prefer.
Step 14. Tap Done
It's the light blue button at the top right of the screen.
Step 15. Look for the download button
It's the down arrow button. It is located at the bottom right of the screen and allows you to follow the progress of the download.
Step 16. Watch your video
Once the download is complete, you can tap on the video in the tab Downloads to start reading in the Documents application.
- To return to the Documents application, you can press Ended at the top left of the screen.
Step 17. Move the video to your iPhone
First make sure you are on the Documents application page (not the browser page). Press on Downloads then on the button ⋯ below the video. Select To share and do the following:
- Press on Save to Files
- select a folder.
- Press on Add
- open the Files application
from your iPhone
- find and select the folder in which you saved the video
- tap the share button icon
- select Record video
Method 3 of 3: Download Facebook Videos to Android
Step 1. Download the ES File Explorer application
ES File Explorer is a popular file manager that you can use to explore internal folders on your Android device. It gives you the option to move your uploaded Facebook videos to the Photos app. To download the application, do the following:
- go to the Google play store
- press the search bar
- type es file explorer in the search bar
- Press on ES File Explorer that appears in search results
- select TO INSTALL
- Press on ACCEPT when you are prompted
Step 2. Log in to Facebook
Minimize the Google Play Store window and then tap the Facebook app icon which is a white "f" on a dark blue background. If you're signed in to your Facebook account, you'll see your news feed appear in the app.
If you are not logged into your Facebook account, enter your email address and password in the dedicated fields
Step 3. Go to the video that interests you
Navigate to the video you want to save by scrolling through your news feed, or go to the account of the person who shared or posted it.
Step 4. Make sure the video is public
The video is public and can be downloaded if you see a globe icon at the bottom right of the name of the person or page that posted it.
The video cannot be downloaded if you see an icon in the shape of 2 people or a padlock instead of the globe
Step 5. Open the video
Start playing the video by tapping on it. It is important to play the video before downloading it to prevent the download link from breaking.
Step 6. Tap Share
This option is located directly below the video and opens a menu.
Step 7. Select Copy Link
This option is in the menu and allows you to copy the video address to the clipboard of your Android device.
You may need to scroll through the menu to find this option
Step 8. Open Google Chrome
Tap the red, yellow, green, and blue Google Chrome sphere icon.
For this step, any browser installed on your device will do, but Chrome is the default browser installed on most Android devices
Step 9. Go to the SaveFrom website
Tap the address bar at the top of the screen and type savefrom.net. Push the button Entrance Where Go from your Android keyboard.
Step 10. Paste the video address
Press the first time on the text field at the top of the page and then a second time to display the keyboard of your device. In the contextual menu that appears, select To stick on.
If you see an advertisement appearing on your screen, you will only need to close it before continuing
Step 11. Tap Download
You'll find this green button in the middle of the page, below the video preview. Tap it to automatically download the video to your Android's internal memory or to your SD card.
- By default, SaveFrom will select the highest video quality available, but you can change this setting by pressing MP4 HD then selecting the quality you want to download.
Step 12. Open ES File Explorer
Close Google Chrome, then tap the ES File Manager app icon in the app drawer.
If you just installed ES File Explorer, scroll through the startup screens before proceeding to the next step
Step 13. Choose a save location
Depending on where you want to save your video, select either the internal memory or the SD card of your Android device.
Step 14. Tap Downloads
You'll find this folder in the middle of the page, but you may have to scroll down to see it.
- This is where you will find all the files you downloaded to your Android, including the videos from Facebook Messenger.
- On some Androids, you will have a folder Download in place.
Step 15. Move the video to the Photos app on your Android
Although optional, this step will allow you to open the video directly in the Photos or Gallery application on your device and eliminate the need for ES File Manager.
- Long press the video to select it.
- Press the ⋮ button located at the bottom or top right corner of the screen.
- Select Moving.
- In the window that allows you to select a save location, press DCIM.
- In the file DCIM, Press on Camera.
- Press on OK.
If you are downloading the videos to a desktop computer, you will need a media player that can play them. VLC media player is ideal if you cannot play files
- Some videos, like the ones you'll find in ads, aren't technically hosted on Facebook. You will therefore not be able to download them with these methods.
- Videos that are not public are not downloadable.