Are you curious about the general opinions of people on a particular topic? What could be simpler and more practical than asking them for their opinion on Facebook? Facebook allows you to create polls and post them to your profile so that your friends or other users can answer the question asked. Collecting data through a survey therefore becomes very simple and fast.
Step 1. Log in
Launch a web browser on your computer and go to Facebook. Enter your username and password in the fields provided, at the top right of the home page. Then click on the button Log in to open your account.
Step 2. Open the application dedicated to surveys
To do this, type survey in the search box at the top of the page. Search for a survey app in the results that appear in the drop-down menu. If there isn't one, go all the way down and click on Find more results. When you arrive on the new page, use the menu on the left to filter the results and keep only the applications. The one you are looking for tops the list. Select it to open it.
Step 3. Begin
Click on the button To start up from the home page of the application to reach the next step.
Step 4. Set up the poll
The first thing to do is to fill in a certain amount of simple information.
- For the Poll title, give a short and fun title like "Hi Car Lovers!" We want to know what you have in mind! The goal is to grab the attention of readers to make them want to respond.
- Regarding the Survey language, just open the drop-down menu and scroll to the language of your choice.
- You also have at your disposal a field Introductory text whose number of characters is not limited. However, it is advisable to limit yourself to a brief description that people can read fairly quickly.
- Once you have filled in all the information, all you have to do is click on Next: questions to continue.
Step 5. Authorize access to your data
The application that manages the survey will ask you for permission to access your profile and your email address. Just do OK and go to the next step.
Step 6. Create the questions
You will have to write the question to ask. Click on Add a question, a popup window opens. Type whatever you want, then choose how you want your survey to be shaped. Several options are available to you.
- Text field - free text on one line: Survey participants can only enter their response on one line in a text field.
- Text field - free text on several lines: they can enter their answers with as many lines as they want.
- Multiple choice: participants will have to tick one or more options from the proposed list.
- Dropdown list: they only select one proposal from a list presented in the form of a drop-down menu.
- Scale of 1 to 5: to answer, participants can choose a number between 1 and 5.
- Upload images: They can upload images and insert them as a survey response.
Step 7. Add the proposals
If you have opted for a form of survey in which the reader must make a choice from a closed list (with the drop-down menu or the multiple-choice questionnaire), you must write the various proposals available to him. To do this, enter them in the fields Options which can be found at the bottom of the popup window. Once you are done, do Save to save your settings.
Step 8. Publish your survey
The last step is to distribute your questionnaire. Click on the button Next: publish, which you will find at the top of the application, then do Publish to your Timeline. The final result will then be visible on your Facebook page.
Step 9. Review the responses
Each time a new participant responds to the survey, you will see a notification appear at the top right of your Facebook page. All you have to do is click on this notification to know its response.