Google Chrome is a lightweight browser that you can download for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Android, and iOS.
Note: if you are in China, you will need to go through a VPN to be able to download it.
Method 1 of 2: Download Chrome for PC, Mac, or Linux
Step 1. Go to the Google Chrome site
You can use any browser to download Google Chrome. If you have not installed a browser, you can use the browser installed by default with your operating system (Internet Explorer for Windows or Safari for Mac OS X).
Step 2. Click Download Chrome
After clicking on it, the Terms of Service window will appear.
Step 3. Choose the options
You can choose to make Chrome your default browser. If you set it as your default browser, it will open whenever you click on a web link in an external program, such as in an email, for example.
- You can also choose to send usage data to Google by checking the box Help improve Google Chrome … This will send error reports and your clicks. No personal information is sent. It also doesn't track the sites you visit.
Step 4. Start the installation
Step 5. Log in
After installation, Chrome will open a window on first use. You can then sign in with your Google Account to sync your bookmarks, preferences, and history with any other Chrome browser you use on another device.
Step 6. Download the installer (optional)
The above procedure is for installing Chrome with an active internet connection. If you want to download the installer for a computer that is not connected to the Internet, search for Chrome Installer in a search engine and click on the Chrome Support site link. You will then be given the option to download the installer, from this page.
- You will have the choice between two installers. One for a single user, the other for all users with accounts on the computer. Make sure you choose the right one.
- Once you have downloaded the program, transfer it to the computer where you want to install it and launch it to install Chrome as you would any other program.
Method 2 of 2: Download Chrome on a mobile device
Step 1. Open your device's Store
On Android it's the Play Store, and on iOS it's the App Store. Chrome is available starting with Android 4.0 and iOS 5.0.
Step 2. Search for Chrome
The publisher is Google Inc.
Step 3. Install Chrome
Click on the button To install to start the download and installation. You may need to give certain permissions before starting the installation.
Step 4. Open the application
When you launch Chrome for the first time, you will be asked to sign in to your Google Account. This will start syncing your bookmarks, preferences, and history with other versions of Chrome you might be using.
- After installing Chrome, you can set your home page.
- Google Chrome requires 350MB of hard drive space and 512MB of RAM to function optimally. Check that your configuration meets these criteria before installing it.