Bitmoji is a Chrome extension that gives you the ability to create an avatar that reflects your image. You can then use these avatars known as bitmojis when chatting with your friends. With a few tips, you can learn how to install the extension and how to use it on Google Chrome, whether you have a Windows PC or a Mac.
Part 1 of 3: Set up Bitmoji
Step 1. Open Google Chrome
The browser icon is a circle with red, green, yellow, and blue.
- If you are using Windows, you will find it in the Start menu. But if it's a Mac, you'll be able to see it in the Dock or Launchpad.
- In case you don't have Google Chrome on your PC, you can download it for free from Google.com.
Step 2. Go to the Google store
Step 3. Type Bitmoji
Enter Bitmoji in the search bar that you can see at the top.
Step 4. Press ↵ Enter Where ⏎ Return.
By doing so, a list of extensions matching your search will appear, including Bitmoji (which should be at the top of the list).
Step 5. Click Add to Chrome
You will see this blue button next to Bitmoji.
Step 6. Click on Add Extension
Do this to confirm your selection. In this way, Bitmoji will be installed on Chrome. Once the installation is complete, a green and white icon will appear at the top right of the browser. It's the Bitmoji icon.
Step 7. Click on the Bitmoji icon
You'll find it at the top right of the address bar.
Step 8. Select Get Started
Step 9. Log in to Bitmoji
- If you already have an account, enter your account information (or click Log in with Snapchat) (Login with Snapchat) to login.
- If you've never used Bitmoji, click Sign up for Bitmoji (Sign up for Bitmoji). You will see this button at the top right of the page. After that, follow the onscreen instructions to create an account.
Part 2 of 3: Change your avatar
Step 1. Tap Edit Avatar
This is the green button in the center of the screen. If you already had an avatar, you can skip this step.
Step 2. Select the gender of the avatar
If you already have an avatar, you can skip this step.
Step 3. Select an avatar style
Choose the Bitmoji style to create a simple avatar or the Bitstrips style to create a more elaborate character.
You may not find this option on some Android devices
Step 4. Personalize the avatar
Choose an option in the first category, then click pointing to the arrow (top right) to move to the next category.
- The Bitmoji and Bitstrips styles have several customization options.
- To see all of the available options, click on the specific category name (for example, Face Shape, Outfit, Hairstyle).
Step 5. Click Save Avatar
You will find this button at the bottom right. By clicking on it, you will be ready to use your avatar.
Part 3 of 3: use the extension
Step 1. Go to a website that supports Bitmoji
The Chrome extension can be used on virtually any social network or website that allows you to share images.
Facebook, Slack, Twitter, and most messaging services support Bitmoji
Step 2. Click on the Bitmoji icon
The icon looks like a white chat bubble with a smiley face inside on a green background. You'll see it at the top right of Chrome. By clicking on it, you will see the Bitmoji context menu appear.
Step 3. Look for a bitmoji
You can browse the different categories by typing a word in the search bar (eg Hi, Lol yes) or by clicking on the icons at the bottom of the context menu.
Step 4. Right-click on a bitmoji
If your computer does not have this feature, hold down the Ctrl key while clicking the left mouse button.
Step 5. Select Copy Image
Step 6. Right click on where you want to add the bitmoji
- If you want to post a message on a social network, right click in the box where you enter your messages.
- To add the bitmoji to an email, create a new message, then right click on the body text.
Step 7. Select Paste
The selected bitmoji will appear in the message once you send it.