Instagram is a great way to share your favorite memories and moments with your friends, family, and random users. If you post a lot of photos, but don't get as many "Likes" as you want, follow these easy steps to learn how to get more "Likes".
Step 1. Use hashtags
Hashtags are an easy way to categorize photos by keywords. They can help you be discovered by other users, which will make your photos more likely to be liked. The more hashtags you use, the more often your photos will be seen.
- You can use more than one hashtag at a time to get the most out of each photo. For example, if you take a photo of your sausage dog, you can use some hashtags like #dachshund, #dog, and #pet.
- You can use the most popular hashtags for greater effect. Some popular hashtags are #love, #me, #cute, #Friday, and #coffee.
- You can even check out the list of trending hashtags and try using one. But keep in mind that using a popular hashtag can also make your photo more likely to be lost.
Step 2. Apply filters to your photos
It's like using other apps to edit and filter your photos to make them look even better. Earlybird, X-Proll, and Valencia are popular filters that will make your photos look unique.
You can also use apps on your phone to make your photos look special. These apps include Camera +, Pro HDR, Snapseed, and Pixlr-o-matic and they will make your photos look more attractive
Step 3. Post the correct photos
It often happens that people post what comes to mind about their lunch, their cat or their empty beer bottles. If you want more likes, consider Instagram your gallery. The goal should be to display only your best photos. The better your photos, the better the chances that you will get more "likes" on Instagram. Here are a few types of photos that will appeal to most people.
- Post personal photos that show you with people important to you, your friends, or family members. Just remember to choose only the best photos for each occasion.
- Post photos of unique views. People will like your photo if it's something they've never seen before.
- Post photos of your pet. Post only some of the best photos of your dog and the pooch is guaranteed to get some likes. Make sure your pet is doing something unique in the photo.
- Don't overdo it by posting photos of your dishes. Too many people do this, so only post the photo if the food is truly exceptional.
- Combine multiple photos into one using apps like Diptic. People will be more likely to like your photo if it has multiple images. You can put four similar images in a frame or show different parts of the same trip or occasion.
Step 4. Be an active member of the Instagram community
To receive something, you have to give. Take the time to comment on a friend's photo or like a photo you see. The more often you do this, the more likely people are to reciprocate. If you don't pay attention to other users' photos, you won't get much in return.
If you really want to get more likes, you can start liking photos of random people
Step 5. Post your photos at the right time
You can post the most amazing photo in the world, but no one is going to like it because it's the middle of the night. Most of the activity around your photo will happen in the early hours, so keep in mind that the hours count. Here's when you need to post your photos.
- Post them in the middle of the day during the week, when people are likely to be bored at work and surfing the web. Don't post them too early in the morning or around five or six at night, because people will be too busy on the move to notice your photos.
- Post your photos a little after dinner time. People tend to browse the web when they are tired at night.
- Post your photos on special occasions. Halloween, Christmas or Valentine's Day are popular times to post photos. Even though people are supposed to be too busy celebrating to notice your photos, they are actually more likely to check them out.
- Don't post your photos on a Friday or Saturday night because most people won't like them. People might see them, but they might not want to admit that they have nothing better to do on a weekend than looking at your photos.
- Remember to be active after posting your photos. Once you've posted your photos, comment on a friend's photo or a few photos to grab your friends' attention.
Step 6. Link your Instagram account to your Facebook account
It will only take you a minute and open your photos to a wider range of people.
- Don't post 3 similar photos at once, choose the best one.
- Don't post too many photos at the same time. People will get bored or even bother to check them all at once.
- The best time to post is around noon or after dinner in the evening.
- Don't post too many photos at once.
- Don't go overboard with hashtags. Use one that makes sense with your image. It's fine to use tags like #instacool, but don't use it for every image.
- Make sure your photos are of good quality.
- Follow people who like the kind of photos you post.
- Make sure it's going to grab someone's attention or people might think it's just a boring old photo.
- Get the tag for the app "'likes" and then you can choose the tags you want. There are categories and all you have to do is click, copy, and then paste it on your image. Plus, it's free.
- Of course, posts about "you" are boring and can make you seem arrogant if you post too many. Use fun editing apps like Squaready and Snapseed to make them look unique.
- Add only relevant hashtags.
- If you post a photo and forget to add your hashtags, you can revisit the old image and add the hashtags in the comments and you will get more "likes".
- Do not use hashtags when writing a comment.