Using Instagram can be confusing at times, especially if you are new to the app. The ability to follow people is a great thing about the site, but it can get tricky quickly if you've just created an account. Fortunately, you can easily learn to follow friends, celebrities, and organizations on Instagram.
Step 1. Open the Instagram app by tapping on its icon
This looks like a camera and should be tagged Instagram below.
If prompted, select your Instagram account and log in
Step 2. Open the search tab by pressing the small magnifying glass
This is located at the bottom of the screen.
Step 3. Enter the name of the person or organization to follow
Type their name in the search bar at the top of the screen.
Step 4. Tap the name of the person to follow
- If the user you are looking for does not appear, ask for their Instagram username.
- If you want to follow a celebrity or organization, but can't find their account, try searching for their Instagram username on Google.
Step 5. Tap the Follow button at the top of the screen
Step 6. Follow other users on Instagram
You can use your Facebook friends and contacts list to find other people.
- Select your profile by pressing the person button at the bottom right of the screen.
- Press the ⋮ at the top right of the page for more options.
- Under Follow people, tap My Facebook friends to follow users who are in your Facebook friends list and press Contacts to track users belonging to your phone's contact list.
- If you want to be able to grant permission to every Instagram user before they can follow you and view your photos and videos, tap the tab Profile, press the ⋮ at the top right, then scroll down and tap the button next to Private account.