On Instagram, Stories only last 24 hours and you can add a date to them to indicate when the photo or video was taken. Learn how to write the full date on an Instagram story.
Step 1. Open Instagram
The app icon represents a camera inside a square, in a gradient from yellow to purple. You will find the app on your home screen, in your apps folder, or by doing a search.
If necessary, log in
Step 2. Open the stories camera
To do this, slide your finger from left to right or click on the little circle in the upper left corner of the screen.
Step 3. Click the round button to take a new snapshot
You can also keep this button pressed to record a video, choose a photo or a video in your gallery or make a video with special effects, thanks to the boomerang and rewind options, at the bottom of the screen.
- You can click on the two arrows icon to switch from the front camera to the rear camera.
- You can also add effects to your photos and videos, by clicking on the little face.
Step 4. Click Aa
This will be located in the upper right corner of the screen.
Your keyboard will pop out from the bottom of the screen and you will be able to write the date on your story
Step 5. Type the date
You can write the entire month, for example, November 19, 2019 or simply shorten it by 11/19/2019.
- After typing the date, you will be able to change the text size by dragging the slider on the left of the screen from the bottom to the top. You can change the text color by clicking on a color above the keyboard and you can also change the font by clicking on one of the options at the bottom of the screen.
- Once you are satisfied with the format of the text, click on the check mark in the upper right corner of the screen.
Step 6. Click Send To
You will find this button at the bottom right of the screen.
Step 7. Click Share, next to “Your Story”
The story will be shared on your Instagram for 24 hours.
- You can add the current time by clicking on the appropriate sticker, which looks like a pallet display of the current time. Once you click to add the sticker to your story, you can click on it to choose to display a clock.
- You can also click on the sticker indicating the day of the week, if you do not want to display the complete digital date.
- If you save a post for your story with the current time sticker, but share it later, the sticker will take a date format.