You can view and manage your Instagram account on a PC by logging into the Instagram website or using the application for Windows 10. The website and application will allow you to view your news feed, view stories, read and reply to messages, like and comment, as well as display the Explore tab. The only downside is that you won't be able to post your own photos and videos. To work around this problem, you can go through the Bluestacks Android emulator to be able to share your own content from desktop or laptop.
Method 1 of 2: Use the Instagram website or desktop app
Step 1. Go to Instagram
This will open the Instagram website, and you can browse your news feed, view stories, read and reply to messages, manage your settings, and subscribe to new users. However, you will not be able to use the website to post new content or stories.
- If you prefer to use an app, you can download and install it for free from the Microsoft Store. It works just like the website.
- Open menu To start up then select Microsoft Store.
- Click on the text field To research.
- Type instagram.
- Click on Instagram in search results.
- Choose Get.
- Once the application is installed, click on To throw to open Instagram, or click Instagram from the Start menu.
Step 2. Click Login
Enter your login details then click on Log in to open your Instagram account and view your news feed.
- If you are using your Facebook account to log into Instagram, click Log in with Facebook then follow the on-screen instructions.
- If you do not have an Instagram account, click on the link Sign up under the login field and then follow the on-screen instructions.
Step 3. Scroll through your news feed
To do this, drag down the scroll bar of your browser. You can also search for specific users or topics using the Search text field at the top of the page.
You can return to your news feed from any page by clicking on the house icon at the top right
Step 4. Click the heart below a post to like
This tells the person who shared the photo or video that you like what they shared.
Step 5. Add a comment by clicking on the chat bubble
Unless comments have been disabled for the post, you will see a chat bubble next to the heart to add a comment. You can also click on the text field add a comment under existing comments to start typing. Press the key Entrance when you are done to insert your comment.
Step 6. Share a post by clicking on the paper plane
Click the paper plane icon to display a list of sharing options. Depending on the privacy settings of the person who posted the photo or video, you will have the option to share it on Instagram or another site.
- Choose Share to Direct to share the post with another Instagram user.
- Select Copy link to copy the post's link to a clipboard and paste it anywhere you want.
- Choose one of the social network icons (eg Facebook or Twitter) to share the post using these methods.
Step 7. Open the Explore page by clicking on the compass icon
You'll find it in the row of icons at the top right of the page. This section allows you to explore popular and recommended posts that have been forgotten by users to whom you have not yet subscribed.
Step 8. View your notifications
Click the heart icon (one of the other icons at the top right of the news feed) to the left of your profile picture to view likes and recent comments and to subscribe to other users.
Step 9. Click on the paper plane icon to view the messages
You'll also find it in the row of icons at the top right of the screen.
- To read a message, click on the sender's name in the left pane.
- To answer, type your answer in the bottom field then press Entrance.
- To reply with a photo, click the image icon in the text field at the bottom of the message, select an image from your computer and then select To open.
- To send a new message, click on the pencil and paper icon at the top of the left panel, select a user, click Following then type your message.
Step 10. View your stories
Your stories are at the top of the main field and you can view them by clicking on the house icon at the top right of the page. Click on one of the circles with your friends' photos to view their photo and video stories.
Step 11. Manage your profile
To view your own posts, click on your profile picture at the top right of the page and then select Profile.
- To modify your profile, click on modify the profile at the top of the page.
- To adjust your settings, click on the cogwheel icon at the top of your profile. This is also where the option is located Logout.
Method 2 of 2: Use BlueStacks to post photos and videos
Step 1. Go to this page
If you need to share your own posts and stories from your computer, you will need to install an Instagram compatible Android emulator. Bluestacks is a free, easy-to-use option that you can use as long as you have a Google or Gmail account.
Step 2. Click the green Download BLUESTACKS button
You'll find it in the middle of the page, but you may need to scroll down first.
- If the installation file does not download automatically, click To download Where Save at the command prompt.
Step 3. Install BlueStacks
Double-click on the BlueStacks EXE file and then follow the on-screen instructions to install it on your machine.
- If BlueStacks doesn't launch automatically, you'll find it in the Start menu.
- BlueStacks may take a few minutes to open, especially if your computer is not the fastest.
- If you are prompted to perform any configuration action, follow the onscreen instructions until the BlueStacks Home screen appears.
Step 4. Log into your Google account
As with setting up an Android phone or tablet, you will need to enter your Google account username and password to sign in. Read this if you don't have a Google account yet.
Step 5. Go to the My Apps tab
You'll find it at the top left of the BlueStacks window.
- Keep in mind that BlueStacks occasionally displays an advertisement when you open a new app, tab, or folder. If you see an advertisement displayed, wait for the timer at the top right to elapse and then click the X in the upper right corner.
Step 6. Open the Google Play Store
It's the towel icon with a slanted multicolored triangle inside. You will find it on the Bluestacks home screen.
Step 7. Type instagram in the search bar and then press Enter
The search bar is located at the top right of the window. You will see a list of search results appear.
Step 8. Click INSTALL
It's the blue button at the bottom right of the Instagram tile.
- Choose Accept if you are asked to start the installation.
Step 9. Select Open when the installation is complete
This is the green button that appears instead of the INSTALL button. Click on it to open Instagram.
Step 10. Log into your Instagram account
Enter your email address (or your username or phone number) followed by your password. The Instagram mobile app will open in BlueStacks, after which you can use it as you normally would on a mobile device.
- You may need to click on the button first. Log in at the bottom of the Instagram page.
- If this is your first time on Instagram, read this on how to use the app's posting features.
Step 11. Click + to create a new publication
This button is located at the bottom middle of the screen.
Step 12. Select Other from the drop-down menu
This is the menu at the top left of the window. Click on it to open the menu Open from Android.
Step 13. Choose Choose from Windows from the left pane
This will open Windows File Explorer.
- If you are asked to allow the application to access your files, click OK Or on To allow.
Step 14. Select a photo or video and click Open
The selected photo or video will be uploaded to your Google Account and added to your Instagram post.
- The process may take a while depending on the size of the file.
- If you are not redirected to Instagram after uploading the file, click the tab Instagram up in Bluestacks. If you can't find the Instagram tab, click on the house icon at the bottom of the app to return to the home screen, open Instagram again, then click + to create a post. You should then be able to click on the photo or video you uploaded.
Step 15. Click Next
This button is located at the top right.
Step 16. Edit your post and click Next
You can use the filter options at the bottom to choose light and color effects or click To modify to make your own modifications.
Step 17. Enter the details of your post and click Share
Type a description or caption in the text field at the top of the app then add a location or tags if you want. To share a new post, tap To share in the upper right corner.