You can never know for sure whether or not you like a boy. This feeling of falling for him simply overwhelms you. Does he like you or not? Find out now!
Part 1 of 3: monitor body language
Step 1. Pay attention to what he's doing
Is he trying to touch you? Even small contacts made rather frequently could indicate that the boy likes you.
Is he trying to tease and tickle you? If so, this is called flirting! Physical contact is a good way to tell if a boy likes you, because most of them flirt with girls they don't even like. Therefore, if he goes so far as to touch you, he is clearly flirting and chances are he likes you
Step 2. Catch him looking your way often
If he looks sheepish or pretends to think about something else every time you catch him looking at you, that's a sign that he's interested. Have you ever caught him staring at you after glancing at him? If so, chances are he likes you. However, it also depends on how often you catch him and how long those stares last. Do not abandon !
- If you catch him staring at you in class every day, many times, and for more than three seconds, you're in luck! When a boy likes a girl, he tends to stare at her for a moment and not want to lose eye contact after a few seconds, and he often will.
- If after you catch him staring at you for a few seconds he looks away, that's still a good sign, as long as he does it more than once.
- If the boy looks at you for a second, then turns his head away, and worse, if that doesn't happen often, chances are he doesn't feel anything for you. He was probably just looking around.
- If after looking away, he starts to smile, it could be a sign that he likes you.
- If he keeps looking at you, and then laughs, it may also be a sign that he likes you.
Step 3. See if he smiles at you
If he smiles at you a lot, it is a sign that he has a liking for you.
Part 2 of 3: monitor verbal communications
Step 1. See if he has followed you or tried to talk to you
It's a positive sign when a boy you like tells a lot of jokes when you're around. Usually that means he wants to be near you. Also find out if he suddenly starts talking a lot to your close friends, as this will mean he's looking for an excuse to get closer to you.
Step 2. See if he talks general things or laughs when he is around you
If a guy really likes you, he'll find excuses to speak to you, even in a rather awkward or silly way.
Remember that boys often have a hard time going to talk to girls because they are anxious. If he gives you weird answers or stammers, it may be a sign that he likes you
Step 3. Find out if he constantly wants to get involved in what you are doing
Has he ever intervened in conversations you have with a friend? If so, this may indicate that he is trying to start a discussion with you in order to interact with you. Let him do it! Use jokes to show him that you accept him.
Step 4. See if he still makes excuses to talk to your friends
Does he often come to talk to your friends without necessarily speaking to you? It may mean that he tries hard to be around you, and that he uses your friends as an excuse to get closer.
Part 3 of 3: Watch out for other signs
Step 1. Pay attention to where he sits
If he gets close to you and tries to strike up a conversation with you, that's a good sign.
Step 2. See if suddenly you start to see it frequently
If it starts appearing wherever you are, it may be a sign that it is following you in order to find the right time to speak with you.
Step 3. See the competitive spirit as a potential sign that they like you
Have you ever noticed that he tries to race you or take on you in the gym? If so, it probably indicates that she likes you. He will definitely try to catch up with you and throw sarcastic comments at you that will make you want to beat him. This competition will be a great way to show him what you have on your stomach, while flirting with him at the same time.
Step 4. See if he asks you to be his review partner
If a boy asks you to come study or be his partner in class, it may be a sign that he likes you. However, it can also just mean that he wants to call on your wits for the job, so be careful there. On the other hand, if you decline, and after he denies making the request, he may well be interested in you.
If, for example, there is a math exercise that he could not do, and he comes to you for help, then he could have gone to ask someone else, like her best friend, it's a sign she likes you
Step 5. Observe the way he reacts when you are with another boy
If he overreacts when you hang out with someone else, it may be a sign that he is interested in you. Be careful though, because if he is the type who wants to control others, this kind of reaction is not a sign of affection, but rather of control.
Does he get angry when you are having fun or chatting with other boys? Is he looking at you in a weird way? If so, it may indicate that he is jealous, so obviously that would imply that he likes you. When he sees another boy with you, he wants to be in his shoes, talking to you and laughing with you
Step 6. Give him a searing look
You can often find out if a boy likes you by looking him straight in the eye and asking if he does. If he blushes, smiles slightly, or says nothing, he might have fallen under your spell. Try this!
- Remember, boys are all different, which is why you shouldn't generalize about the signs you see in one of them. In some cases, a boy can show all of the indicated signs without actually being under your spell.
- Don't force yourself to laugh. It may sound hopeless or very weird.
- Be sure to try a variety of approaches to see if he notices you.
- If he likes another girl, or has a girlfriend, don't try to turn him away. Besides being mean, it will make you feel like you are in need and desperate.
- Don't try to impress him too much! You might just scare him!
- Give it time and it will start showing at least a few of these signs.
- Don't get too excited, you might just be disappointed later.
- Laugh at the jokes he makes.
- If you have any doubts, just ask them the question and there's a good chance you'll get a straightforward answer.
- If he has a girlfriend, and she happens to be your best friend too, wait until they break up or help her find someone else before you attempt anything with him. Don't wait too long, however.