Are you interested in a charming, friendly and poised high school student? Getting him to take an interest in you isn't rocket science. Here are some practical tips to guide you on your quest for true love.
Part 1 of 5: Getting noticed
Step 1. Amaze him
If you want that special boy to start noticing you, you're going to have to pull out all the stops. It's tough, but it's worth it. Give your best, work on your smile and be friendly. In less time than it takes to say it, he will want to know you.
- Impress him with your attire. If you are a girl, wear a beautiful floral dress when the weather is hot or this black sweater when it is cooler. Wear clothes that show off your strengths. Ask your girlfriends or mom for advice on what looks best on you. Make him notice how well dressed you are every time he sees you.
- Be clean and neat. Take a shower at least once a day. If you're on a soccer team, for example, or exercise after school, be sure to shower right after to get rid of the sweat. Wash your face morning and night, you wouldn't like the pimples to attack your beautiful face. Don't forget to brush your teeth too! Bad breath can scare anyone away.
- Smile. Smile when you talk to him or when he is nearby. Smiling makes him understand that he makes you happy. Observe him during class, if it happens that your eyes meet, smile and hold his gaze without blinking for as long as possible. Let him realize that you are thinking of him, then look away as if nothing had happened. Don't overdo it though! Do not do this more than once or twice a day.
Step 2. Do not apply too much makeup if you are a girl
It really doesn't have to be, especially since most guys are more for everything natural. So go for something natural by putting on makeup. If you feel like makeup is needed, use it, but not in a subtle way. Don't overdo it.
- Make up as little as possible. The role of makeup is not to cover your strengths, on the contrary it serves to bring them out. Consider natural makeup. Too much makeup can lead to teasing and not the most flattering! If you absolutely need makeup, just use lip gloss, foundation or even mascara.
- Play with your hair. Don't go crazy or you'll feel like you're in need of attention. Make a bun, straighten your hair, or curl it if you think that's what looks best on you. You could also change your hairstyle or makeup every day while staying sober.
Step 3. Start a conversation
Be natural and relaxed. If this seems difficult to you, act like you don't have a thing for him and he's just somebody else. It gets rid of the tension that might lead to awkward conversation.
- Talk about your classmates, something strange that happened to you, or a social event you both plan to be part of. If you're having trouble keeping the conversation going, ask her lots of questions.
- Look him straight in the eye during the conversation. Are your eyes the window to your soul and certainly one of the most attractive parts of your body? Make sure he sees them! By fixing your eyes on him, you will let him know that he has captured your full attention.
- Laugh at these jokes even when they're not funny. He will thus feel appreciated. Having said that, don't force your laughter otherwise it will ring out fake. If it is a joke that you are the target of, subtly return the favor.
Step 4. Tease him
Don't laugh at him, but joke with him instead. If you already want to start flirting, you can offer her a standoff, so you can hold her hand.
Part 2 of 5: get closer to him
Step 1. Break the contact barrier
Having physical contact with your crush is essential because, thanks to them, he will realize that you like being in his company. However, do it with discretion. Your goal is not to invade his personal space.
- Gently brush his arm or rub your knee against his. Bring your shoulders closer to his, asking him to explain a science homework assignment to you.
- When he's making a joke on you or teasing you (like flirting with you), lightly tap his shoulder. Your body language lets him know that you like the attention he gives you.
- If you're bold enough, slide your hand down her arm to her shoulders and then massage them.
- Tickling is also a good way to flirt. Many boys don't like tickling, so you should be prepared to accept a retort. Let yourself be tickled and expose your most sensitive parts to tickling. It is best to start with the feet and then move on to more sensitive parts such as the ribs and flanks.
- Play with her hair. Don't overdo it, because if you overdo it it will seem weird to him and he might pull away from you.
Step 2. Get closer to his friends
Boys at this age are easily influenced by their friends, so earn the trust of his friends and you will earn his trust. Seeing you with his friends will make him realize that you are "nice". If you are in the same group of friends, the two of you will be able to spend more time together.
- If you feel uncomfortable around his friends, that's okay. Don't avoid them or walk away when you see them coming.
- Use your siblings. If your respective brothers and sisters are almost the same age, that makes you one more subject to talk about! Better, if your brothers and yours are friends, offer to take them to see a movie or spend time in the park together.
- Make sure you become his friend first and don't lie about yourself trying to get him to like you.
Part 3 of 5: do the right thing
Step 1. Find Things About Him
Talk to him about his interests, his family, his tastes in music, etc. Find out if you have any interests in common.
- Listen to him carefully! Go over details that came up during the conversation to demonstrate your good listening skills. Don't overdo it, though, so that he doesn't feel like you are harassing him.
- Find things that you have in common. Do you both play guitar or are you a fan of the same bands? Offer him a duo! Do you share the same sports passions? Play improvised games every now and then.
Step 2. Support it
You might need some practice to figure out what he hates, but you will have to persevere. Do what he loves to do and go all out to do it.
- If he plays a sport, go see his matches or tournaments and support him. Ask him the date and wish him luck if you can't be there. Watch him to see if he's looking for you in the stands.
- Encourage him when he is feeling low. All boys have moments of depression, so be with him to comfort him. By showing him that you care about him, he will be better able to take care of you.
- Don't say another guy is hot or go on and on about someone else. He might think you like a guy other than him. If you like several boys at the same time, choose which of them you will decide to seduce. If your crush realizes that you love two boys at the same time, he might think he isn't that special to you.
Step 3. Study Together
Offer to help him with subjects in which he does not excel. If, on the other hand, you have difficulties in a subject that does not pose a problem, ask for his help. This will lead to you spending more time one-on-one and beyond having a better relationship with him.
You may already know this, but don't plan to exercise a lot during these study sessions. Your attention will be turned to something else! Prepare for your exams a day or two in advance if you can
Part 4 of 5: test the waters
Step 1. Test it
There are various ways to find out if a boy likes you or not. Here are some tips to find out without revealing yourself or asking him.
- Ask him to carry your backpack. Tell him that your bag is heavy and that he seems to be strong enough to carry it. If he accepts, it not only means that he loves you enough to do you favors, but also that he likes you to find him strong.
- If you have something to say to a friend in their presence, ask them to cover their ears or back away. He will want to know more and you will know that he is interested.
Step 2. Make sure the field is clear
Check that he doesn't have a girlfriend or that none of your friends like him. You certainly wouldn't like to mess with your girlfriends and scare your lover away.
- If it turns out that a friend of yours likes him, decide together which of the two of you should win him over. If the two of you can't come to an agreement, you should both give it a try.
- If you decide to let your friend do the trick and they end up getting together, don't blame her. Continue to be friends with her. Rejoice for them and realize that later on you will have many more opportunities with other boys.
Step 3. Don't be discouraged or sad if you can't win over the person you love
Trust who you are inside and appreciate yourself for who you are.
- Sometimes after a boy realizes you love him, he starts to see you in a different light. Even if he says no to you, he might subconsciously start to find qualities in you or reasons for him to believe that you will be a good girlfriend.
- Shy boys don't always have the courage to reveal their feelings to others or don't know how to do it. If you like a shy guy and he doesn't seem interested in you, it could be because he gets nervous around you or doesn't know what to do. If he's shy, try to make him feel comfortable around you. Always go out to places where he feels more comfortable.
Part 5 of 5: finding the perfect match
Step 1. Learn to manage your life
Being in high school is certainly not easy, but it is during this time that you will learn to balance work and the tension in your life. Have free time for your outings, in other words, don't get swallowed up by studies.
- If he feels like he's not keeping up with your pace, he might get stressed out and think he's playing in the big leagues. Invite him on a date with a few friends to let him know you have a social life. This will allow them to spend time with you outside of school and see you for who you are. Don't make her feel like she's gone all the time. Make sure he is comfortable when you go out.
- Likewise, don't commit less than you should or will pass yourself off as a loser. Enrich your life with interesting activities and friends without worrying about whether he likes you or not. If it turns out that he loves you, your life will be all the better for it. If he doesn't love you too bad, your life is already rich and meaningful enough without him!
Step 2. Be yourself
We can never say it enough. It may sound cheesy, but you are more attractive when you are you. It means being comfortable in your own skin, doing and saying what you want. Don't fight to please people who don't like you or respect you for who you are.
Don't try to change for him. You have to be yourself and he has to love you the way you are. You certainly have some things in common
Step 3. If you think he might like you, be more entrepreneurial around him
Certainly so that he knows that he interests you, but not that he thinks that you are desperate. If you are not sure how he feels, be careful not to go down this path, it might not go as planned.
- Ask him if he wants to date you. If he accepts, you will have done your part. Smile and ask to go. Then walk without looking back. The ball is now in his court.
- Suggest that they go see a movie or a game together from your school. Suggesting to go to a movie is very typical of a date, so you might want to go with other friends. On the other hand, going to see a game at your school is not a "date". You could just go for a walk together.
- Ask him to go dancing with you. If there are places to dance in your city or region, make a date and invite them to dance! If he accepts, it's probably because he likes you.
Step 4. Send her a love letter
If despite your best efforts he still doesn't seem impressed, try some love letters. Write beautiful and funny letters from a secret admirer and put them in her locker. Always leave a secret code such as “flower” at the end of each word so that he understands that he will find out who you are when you tell him that secret code. After the first week, leave clues by writing certain things in your letters and then discuss them with him. When he realizes the things you have in common, he will definitely give you a chance.
Don't write anything that might embarrass you in case someone else is reading your post. Letters can fall into the wrong hands, and if it does happen to yours, you could be targeted for nasty mockery
- Don't be jealous if he hugs another girl or you will be sad. If he asks you what's bothering you, make sure he doesn't know the real reason, it might get worse.
- If he tells you he likes a particular color, try incorporating it into your outfit, but don't overdo it.
- Act like it's okay if he says or does something weird. If you think he's trying to be funny, laugh at his joke.
- Above all, be yourself and don't lie to him, because if you lie it will break the trust that exists between you. Don't try to make him jealous of a guy who acts like he loves you. It only works in the movies and he might think you like this guy too and don't want to ask you out or try to seduce you anymore. Then you will never know if he loves you.
- Take your time. Before you take the first step, get to know him so that he knows he attracts you.
- Be nice! If he asks for something, lend it to him, unless it will get you in trouble with your parents or anyone else responsible for you or the item.
- If you feel like he's about to invite you out, be calm. He might be as nervous as you are, so smile at him when you pass him in the halls of the school.
- If you start dating your sweetheart, give them a kiss on the cheek before you say goodbye. Turn around and walk without looking back! If you do, there's a good chance he'll be flabbergasted.
- When you text him, always wait for him to answer you before continuing. Don't text him every day unless he does it first.
- Remember, you are not the only one looking for the perfect boy. If a friend of yours likes a friend, go out together! But not every time you go out or he might think you're just friends and nothing more.
- Don't change to please anyone: never let a boy walk on you. You didn't need him before, you don't need him now. If he's a troublemaker, don't act like him just to impress him.
- If that doesn't work, too bad… There are boys out there!
- Don't worry if he doesn't like you. Even the most beautiful models or the smartest secretaries of state have been heartbroken at some point in their lives. He is not the supreme judge of your personality.
- Don't make kinky jokes with him. He'll find it just weird. If you do and he seems to like it, ask yourself whether he is the ideal person.