If you are entering middle school, you are at the age where boys start to take an interest in girls and it can be difficult to know how to get a boy's attention. You might not really know how to interest a boy yet. The most important thing is to be comfortable with who you are and not to try to change into a boy. Other than that, all you have to do is smile, be friendly, and show the boy that you are more than a pretty face. So how do you please a boy in sixth grade?
Part 1 of 3: get his attention
Step 1. Show her that you can have fun
If you want to please a boy, then he must be able to see that you are a fun girl to date. You wouldn't want him to think that you are one of those people who can't have fun on your own or who are constantly freaking out. No, you want him to notice you and be like, “Hey, that girl is laughing and having fun all the time. I would like to meet him. Don't pretend. Just try to be the type of person who has a good time in all circumstances.
- That doesn't mean to force yourself to smile if you really don't want to. However, you should try to cultivate a positive attitude, focusing on what makes you happy when chatting, instead of complaining about everything that goes wrong.
- Even if you're on your own or about to take a math test, try to take things on the safe side and keep smiling. Life isn't always about good times, but you can focus on the positive things when you're having a hard time.
- If you're going to class on your own, you don't need to put on a smug smile, but you can avoid frowning, looking bored fiddling with your cell phone, and being somewhere else. in general. If you avoid distractions and look straight ahead with a cheerful or at least neutral expression, you are more likely to be noticed by the boy.
Step 2. Look Confident
When it comes to looking confident, body language does half the job. Try to stand up straight when you walk and avoid slouching when seated. Keep your arms at your sides instead of crossing them across your chest to appear more accessible. Look straight ahead if you are alone or talking with people, make eye contact with them instead of staring at the ground. While you may not always be comfortable, having a confident demeanor can go a long way in building confidence.
- Avoiding stirring as much as possible is also a good way to look confident. Try to avoid biting your nails, playing with your hair or clothes, or anything else that makes you look nervous.
- When you are with people, try to stand up straight instead of being quiet, you will feel more comfortable and you will stand out more.
Step 3. Don't be afraid to smile at him
You might be shy when it comes to the guy you like, but a sweet little smile can be enough to get a boy to notice you. You just have to smile when you meet his gaze and you will immediately appear more friendly and approachable. Do not seek his gaze to smile at him every time you see him, but make the effort to smile at him when your eyes meet, if that seems appropriate to you. For example, if you pass each other in the hallways, this is a perfect occasion to smile at her, just to be friendly.
If that intimidates you, you can give her a small smile and quickly look away. You don't have to seem overly interested - the goal is to appear friendly and approachable, to get him to notice you and to make him want to get to know you
Step 4. Stand out from the crowd
To make a boy notice you, show him what makes you unique. You don't have to show off or get all the attention for it. If you love fashion, show her the latest necklace you made or your original dress. If you love soccer, tell him how much you love the sport or invite him to watch you play. If you're known for your sense of humor, tell jokes when he's around. The point is for him to notice that je ne sais quoi about you that will make him want to know more about you.
- Avoid showing off on your strengths. Instead, just say how much you enjoy painting, writing poetry, going to the gym, or whatever activity you enjoy and he'll see that you are passionate.
- Don't stand out just to get noticed. It's not a good idea to dye your hair pink if it's just to get her attention. On the other hand, if you want pink hair, don't hesitate! Remember that if you do something just to get noticed, he will notice it.
Step 5. Don't use your friends to communicate with him
In your school, it may be common to send friends to talk to the boy you like. You might want them to ask her if she likes you, or even to talk to her for you. However, if you really want to impress this guy and get him to notice you, then don't make your friends do the job. Show her that you are more mature than most girls your age and that you have confidence in yourself by going to talk to her yourself.
- Whether it's to say hello or to tell him that you like him, you should go talk to him. He will be impressed and it will make him want to know you.
- Asking your friends to write words to the boy or writing them yourself also makes you feel afraid to approach him. Instead, take a deep breath and go talk to her.
Step 6. Impress him with your confidence
Boys can be very impressed with girls who know who they are and who have high self-esteem. Developing true self-confidence is a lifetime's work, but you can put in the effort to love yourself and to appreciate your life more and use your energy to make people around you feel good. If you want a guy to notice you, he should see you smile, feel good about yourself, and radiate positive energy. Here are some more ways to impress the boy you like with your confidence.
- Do not denigrate yourself in front of him. Instead, focus on your good sides - without bragging. Putting yourself down will make the boy feel uncomfortable and it might make him feel like you need him to feel good about yourself.
- It's okay if you're a little nervous talking to her. If you stutter, forget what you wanted to say, or find yourself saying anything, laugh at yourself and move on. It's okay if he doesn't think you are the most confident girl in the world, the important thing is to show him that you are comfortable with who you are.
- When you talk to other girls, only say positive things. Nothing will make you look less confident than getting off other girls.
Step 7. Be nice to everyone
Don't imagine that you have to be mean or make fun of people to get a boy's attention. If he's a good guy, he'll be much more impressed that you're a nice person than if you despise or ignore people to look cool. Instead, make an effort to be nice to everyone who is nice to you and even to those who are a little shy, give everyone the benefit of the doubt until they prove they are. were not worth it. If you are a nice person, the boy is much more likely to know who you are and to want to know you.
- Everyone has a reputation. If you're notorious for being a snob, the boy will find out. Instead, be genuinely nice to people and you'll have access to more friendships and experiences. You don't have to be totally outgoing either. Just saying hello to people and asking them how they are doing can be enough to make friends and look nice.
- If you hang out with girls who tend to spread gossip and are mean to each other, ask yourself if it's not time for a change of friends. Even if you are not mean yourself, it is no fun to be associated with cruel people.
Part 2 of 3: hold your attention
Step 1. Ask him questions
If you want to please this guy, it's not enough that he thinks you are fascinating or amazing. You also need to show him that you care about him. Ask a few questions about him to show him that you are having a conversation and to get his attention. Make sure the conversation is balanced, that you ask him as many questions as you are talking about yourself and he will quickly realize that he enjoys chatting with you a lot. Here are some questions you could ask him.
- What he did over the weekend
- What he plans to do during the next vacation or this summer
- If he has animals
- Favorite music, TV shows, movies, or books
- What are his hobbies and hobbies
Step 2. Don't go too hard
To keep the boy interested, it is better not to overwhelm him with attentions. You can compliment him and be very clear that he likes you if he shares your attraction, but you shouldn't be constantly glued to him or spending all of your time with him. Give her the opportunity to desire your presence, to wonder what you are doing, and to appreciate that you have your own life. If your whole life revolves around him, he will quickly lose interest. You don't want him to think you're too intense. Even if you really, really like a lot, you should wait until your relationship develops before you confess your feelings to her.
To make sure you're not overly enterprising, avoid messaging and checking in constantly. You can call him every now and then, but don't make him feel like you only think about him when you're not together
Step 3. Pay attention
In order for a boy to stay interested, he needs to feel like he's special to you, without going overboard, of course. If he starts to pay more attention to you, you can do the same, by paying more attention to him when you are in a group, asking him how he is doing, or giving him a subtle compliment, on his clothes or something of the same order. To keep this boy with you, he has to know that you care about him. You don't have to say it point blank, but your actions can speak for you.
- If you are in a group, pay him more attention than the other boys, but don't stay glued to his side all the time. He must be the one who takes the first step and who comes to you from time to time.
- Don't give her the same compliments you would everyone else. Show him that he is truly special to you.
Step 4. Find common ground
Another way to captivate a boy is to find things in common with him. You probably don't have everything in common, but having a few topics to cover can help start the conversation and build a bond. Don't worry if you feel like you are really different and don't know what to talk about. During the conversation, when you are a little more relaxed, you will find that you are sharing more things than you think. Here are a few examples of things you might have in common that will be great talking points.
- A favorite sports team
- A movie or show you love
- A favorite group
- Your favorite video games
- Animals you love or own
- The friends you have in common
- Your favorite hobbies
Step 5. Be a listening ear
To keep a boy's interest, you have to know how to listen to him. When he's talking to you, don't look at your phone or do anything that will prevent you from listening to him. Let him finish before speaking. Don't tell him that you know exactly how he feels every time he opens up. Show that you really care about what he is saying and who he is, instead of talking about yourself all the time. Look him in the eye, keep your body turned in his direction, and give him your full attention to show him that he matters to you.
- Remember, this has to work both ways: you should listen to him as carefully as he listens to you.
- Pay attention to what he tells you and then talk to him about it again. For example, if he tells you he's having an important baseball game this weekend, you can ask him how it went the following Monday. It shows that you remember what he tells you and that you value it.
Step 6. Don't gossip or make fun of people
If you want to keep this boy interested, you should avoid gossiping and speaking badly about people you know. If you are chatting behind other girls all the time, he will think that you are a malicious person who does not pay attention to others. He will also tell himself that you lack self-confidence and he might think that you slander others only to revalue yourself. Avoid being that kind of girl and instead talk about what you like and things that you are passionate about.
- If the people around you are gossiping, take it a step further or say what you think. You don't want to seem like you're always following people.
- Boys can't stand stories. If you gossip in front of the boy, he'll think you're the fussing type of girl and he'll probably want to distance himself.
Step 7. Don't do anything you don't want to do
Although you're only in sixth grade, which means most of you haven't even kissed anyone or anything else before, some guys will be willing to take it a step further. You should only kiss a guy if you feel ready and especially not because you think it's a way to keep him interested in you. If the guy you like only likes you if you kiss him, he's not worth it. Before you do anything with a guy, make sure you feel ready and really want to, and it's not because he's pressuring you. The best way to interest a guy is to be firm in your beliefs and to stay okay with yourself.
If a boy is trying to bully you into doing something when you don't feel ready, calmly tell him that you aren't interested. Hold your head up high and don't let anything he says get to you. You will feel much better in the long run
Part 3 of 3: make the relationship last
Step 1. Be nice to hang out with
Grade 6 boys don't take life too seriously, instead looking for a girl to have a good time with. They are not yet at the age where you want to spend all your time with a girl and they are not ready for intense relationships. Rather, they are looking for cheerful girls, with funny friends, who are spontaneous and who want to discover new things. If you are rather reserved and tend to be anxious, that's fine. You can't change who you are, but you can make an effort to be more lively and upbeat in your conversations and not to bring up negative topics or complain.
- It's not too hard to burst out laughing. Don't hold back if you find something funny and show that you are really having a good time.
- A good way to be a nice person to hang out with is to put people at ease. Look people in the eye and introduce those who don't know each other.Make them feel right at home and they are more likely to be relaxed and have fun.
Step 2. Be nice to his friends
If you want to please this boy for a long time, you have to make an effort to be nice with his friends. While it can be difficult, especially if you don't know them or are shy, you need to do your best to make a good impression on the people he cares about. If her friends think that you are rude to them, that you want to control them, or that you are boring, they will tell her what they think of you and that might even influence her. Unless these people are really rude, you should try to make yourself liked by them and show them how much you are worth it.
- If his friends are morons, don't force yourself to put up with them just to please him. But if they're cool guys, you should try to be nice to them, even if you don't have much in common.
- Don't be frustrated if it takes some effort. It's okay if you aren't quite comfortable speaking with the opposite sex yet.
Step 3. Don't let it all fall for him
If you want him to stay interested, continue to make a living on your side. Don't stop hanging out with friends, spending time with family, or doing the things you love, just because you're hanging out with the one you like. Of course, you have to spend time together for the relationship to evolve, but you shouldn't put aside everything that interests you just for a boy. He will respect you more if he sees that you are quite capable of nurturing a relationship by having your life on the side.
- Your friends will always be there for you, no matter what, while they aren't always the case when it comes to boys. Don't be like those girls who drop their friends to hang out with a boy and come back with their heads bowed when the relationship is over.
- Doing what you love, whether playing the piano or painting, is part of who you are. If you stop doing these things for a boy, you are giving up a part of yourself.
- If you and the boy really enjoy spending time together, you can involve him in some of your activities, such as watching a show that you enjoy together.
Step 4. Check in when you are not together
If you want your relationship to grow, you should check in with the boy every now and then. It can be when you don't see each other for several weeks during summer vacation or just over the weekend. No need to contact him every five minutes, or even every day, but a short message, by text or Facebook or a quick call will show him that he is on your mind. Make sure he answers you when you contact him to keep the relationship balanced.
- If he told you about a basketball tournament he's playing over the weekend, drop him a line the next day asking how it went. But don't try to contact him right before the game, it could throw him off.
- Now is the time to be subtle. You need to be present enough that he feels that he is important to you, but not to the point that he thinks you spend all of your time thinking about him.
Step 5. Don't take yourself too seriously
Remember that you are only in sixth grade and that the guy you like is unlikely to be your soul mate and that you will spend the rest of your life, or even a few months, together. So, don't bet too much on your relationship. If he's not interested, smile, take a deep breath, and get ready for the next one. And if he's interested, but things don't turn out the way you hoped, don't be too disappointed. The most important thing is to enjoy your time at school and your friendships and take something out of your relationship. When it comes to love, you have your whole life ahead of you to meet boys!