Getting stuck at home can be very annoying. Since you can't go anywhere, it can be difficult to keep busy or find something interesting to do. Don't worry, there are plenty of things you can do to deal with boredom when you are at home. For example, you can try playing games with the family, watching a movie, making a snack, or even building a castle with cushions. There are many options to make a boring day more interesting.
Part 1 of 3: have fun at home
Step 1. Prepare your video games
It can be a great way to distract yourself on a boring day. There is something for everyone, from first-person shooters to platform games. Whichever type you are interested in, this can be a great way to keep yourself busy when there is nothing else to do. It's also a fun way to spend time online with your friends when you can't go out.
- If you have plenty of time, you can explore more complicated games like Minecraft, Team Fortress 2 (which is now free), or World of Warcraft.
- If you just want to relax, you can play Club Penguin or Animal Jam or even search to install any gaming apps you want.
- You can even create a text-based adventure game or make a flash game if you have the ambition!
Step 2. Try to write down your thoughts
You could spend some time at home writing to pass the time and keep busy. It can allow you to tell a story, organize your thoughts, or express how you feel. Let your creativity run wild on paper when you're bored at home.
You could write a short story, poem, legend, or diary
Step 3. Try painting or drawing
Don't worry, you don't have to be a painter or an experienced artist to get your hands dirty. Painting and drawing can be great ways to express yourself while fighting boredom. If you are bored and can't get out of your house, you can have a lot more fun making art.
- Anyone can learn the basics of painting or drawing. If you are already an artist, you can challenge yourself, for example by painting a river with pebbles or drawing a horse.
- There are many other forms of art that you can do such as chalk drawing or sculpture. Have you ever made an infinity mirror or a jar galaxy?
Step 4. Make some music
If you like to play an instrument, you can take some time to practice it. You will have a lot of fun writing music and the day will seem a lot less boring. If you're stuck at home, pull out your favorite instrument and get creative.
- If you don't know how to play an instrument, you can learn to sing or make a simple musical instrument.
- If you like a new song, you can record it at home.
Step 5. Redecorate your home
It can also be a fun activity when you are bored. In addition, by changing the decor, you can have the impression of living in a new home! You can make small changes or larger changes to get a space you like. If you're stuck at home, try to do some decorating to make your home look nicer.
- You could move the furniture around to see what it looks like.
- Try moving the furniture from one room to another to see if you like it.
- You can try to have fun in this way, for example by building a castle with blankets.
- You can paint a picture and hang it in one of the rooms.
Step 6. Cook something good
If you can't leave your house, this is also a chance to cook something delicious. Don't go for junk food. Instead, try cooking your favorite meal or a new recipe to make your days more interesting.
- Do you want to try an easy and delicious recipe? Try the homemade nachos or spaghetti.
- Are you a cook who wants to try new recipes? You can try glazed bacon or make your own okonomiyaki (a Japanese savory pancake).
Step 7. Watch your favorite movies
A movie can also be a great way to pass the time when you are home alone. Browse your movie collection to find one of your favorites and find one you might like. Once you've found one that interests you, sit back and savor the moment.
Step 8. Watch funny videos on YouTube
It is a very good site for finding videos. There will always be something new to watch, whatever your mood. People are posting new videos all the time, so you can always find one that you haven't seen yet.
Step 9. Listen to your favorite songs
There are few things that can turn you on as well as your favorite songs. You can listen to them or you can search for new ones. Whatever music you love to listen to, fire it up and have fun.
- Try to explore new styles of music and different artists that you might not have tried before.
- Make yourself playlists. Try to do one to relax, one to exercise, or another to read.
Part 2 of 3: Having fun with friends and family
Step 1. Take out the board games
They made the joy of millions of people who did not know how to spend their time and fight against boredom. Try to ask your family members if they want to play with you. Most board games are designed to be played with others and can help keep everyone entertained.
Namely: the first board game (with dice) dates back to 5000 BC. AD
Step 2. Clean the house
While it might not be your first thought, cleaning and tidying up around the house or in a room can also keep you busy. It sounds like a chore, but you'll feel a lot better once the house is clean. Make time during a boring day to clean up and tidy up your home.
- By tidying up your closets or wardrobes, you will be able to find your clothes more easily later on.
- Help your family organize things in the kitchen.
- Get together with your family and do the big house cleaning.
Step 3. Prepare a good snack
If you're bored and stuck at home, you could ask someone to help you make a delicious snack. Spend time together making something you both love to beat boredom.
- For example, you might both like to bake cookies, cake or brownies.
- You can also try making S'mores.
- Blend fruit and enjoy a good smoothie together.
- Have fun cooking something new.
Step 4. Share stories
If you're stuck at home, now is a great time to hang out with your family and have some fun. Share fun stories so no one gets bored. You can share your own stories or you can tell stories that you have heard. Feel free to discuss things that interest you to make the day more enjoyable.
Step 5. Let your hands speak
You can distract yourself on a day when there is nothing to do by doing manual activities. You can build, create or decorate anything you like. Let your imagination run wild and take advantage of these manual activities to make your day less boring.
- Try drawing a shape or picture on paper with glue. Before it dries, sprinkle it with glitter or colored sand to make it shine.
- You can glue two rolls of toilet paper together to make “binoculars”.
- Make trees by gluing a stick on cardboard or craft paper before decorating it with paper “leaves”.
- You could also glue eskimo sticks to make houses or castles.
Step 6. Plan your dream vacation
Find a partner and discuss your dream vacation together. Discuss where you would like to go and what you would like to do there. Imagine all the adventures you would like to have there.
- Discuss the details of these adventures together.
- Talk about the things you love most about the place of your dreams.
- You can also find maps and have fun drawing routes on them.
- You could also have fun on Google Street View taking virtual walks.
- You could even go one step further and plan a vacation to another planet.
Part 3 of 3: get some exercise
Step 1. Get up and dance
Dancing is an easy way to exercise while having fun. Listen to your favorite songs, turn up the volume and get moving. It is not necessary to have a choreography, dance as you feel it.
- You could also create a playlist with your favorite songs.
- Find new steps or learn a new style of dancing.
Step 2. Take it up a notch with exercises
Just because you're home alone all day doesn't mean you can't exercise. Many of them do not require special equipment and you just need to learn the right movements. Besides, it could be a great solution to fight boredom.
- There are many videos online to teach you how to do this.
- For example, you could try push-ups or curls to strengthen your muscles, without using additional weights.
- Jumping jacks are also a great way to do cardiovascular exercise.
Step 3. Relax with stretching or yoga
Whether or not you are exercising, it always helps to do some stretching at home. They help you relax mentally and improve your movements and flexibility. When you're stuck at home, try light stretching to stay active and fight boredom.
- You should never force yourself to avoid injury. Stop stretching if you feel pain during movement.
- There are also free yoga videos that you can find online.