There is nothing better than spending the night with your best friends. It can be very easy to have a lot of fun this evening. Prepare snacks and drinks to share with your friends. Organize indoor and outdoor activities. You all have plenty of options for having fun at a "pajama party" which can then turn into a night you'll never forget!
Method 1 of 3: Prepare snacks and drinks
Step 1. Prepare lots of snacks
This is one of the best things about a pajama party. You can make traditional snacks like chips, popcorn, cookies, ice cream and candy. You could also plan a few healthier options like fresh fruits and vegetables.
Once you have chosen the snacks, you should also find out about the eating habits of your friends, for example their allergies, their religion or if there are any who have dental braces
Step 2. Try new drinks
You should buy a lot of them for the pajama party. Pack soda, water, and other drinks like iced tea or lemonade. You can also ask your parents if you can have non-alcoholic versions of alcoholic drinks, for example Champomy! They are more fun and they can make your evening unforgettable.
Step 3. Don't forget dinner
If your friends are there for dinner, you need to give them something other than snacks to eat. You choose the menu and you can also ask them what they would like. Order pizza or make tacos in the kitchen.
Method 2 of 3: Organize activities at home
Step 1. Listen to your favorite music
One of the best ways to kick off the party is to put on some music. You can listen to it on your iPod, CD player, MP3 player or on the radio. Each in turn, take the role of DJ and let everyone choose their music.
Step 2. Try karaoke
If you or a friend of yours has a device that lets you connect to the Internet, try karaoke. YouTube has a lot of music that you can sing along to. It's fun, and it's a free way to do karaoke at home.
Step 3. Install a mini-cinema
One of the best things to do at a pajama party is to watch movies late at night. Set up a mini-theater at home by stacking DVDs of movies you want to watch right next to the largest screen in the foyer. Prepare snacks you usually buy at the movies, like popcorn and candy, and put down pillows and blankets on the floor to make you feel comfortable with your friends.
Step 4. Plan a night at the spa
Ask your friends to bring their favorite spa accessories. This can include nail polish, face products, or makeup. You can also ask them to bring their favorite bathrobes and slippers. Then install small mirrors all around for your friends. Give them face masks, paint each other's nails, do your hair and put on makeup. You will feel even more like you are at the spa if you play relaxing music in the background.
Step 5. Make jewelry
Arts and crafts supply stores often sell DIY jewelry kits. Buy one for each of your friends and spend some time crafting one. You can make bracelets, necklaces or earrings. Suggest that your friends make matching models.
Step 6. Play games
You can play video games, board games or card games, the choice is yours. You can also play other types of games like hide and seek if your friends feel like it. You can make these games more interesting by using flashlights in the dark (as long as your parents give you permission).
- "Truth or Dare" is a great game and you don't need any materials to play.
- You can also play Twister! It's a fun game that will make everyone laugh.
Step 7. Tell yourself scary stories
It can be a lot of fun to dive into the dark and tell yourself scary stories. If you want to do that, you have to make sure that your girlfriends like this stuff. You don't want them to feel uncomfortable or ask to go home.
Method 3 of 3: Organize outings
Step 1. Ask your friends for ideas
Leave some free time for suggestions from your friends. Make a list of everything everyone wants to do and pick one or two places you can go.
Make sure your parents agree. They might ask you for a more specific plan for the night that you can't change if someone asks
Step 2. Get out
During a pajama party, you don't have to go to a specific location. You can simply stay outside, in the garden or in a park, to make the evening more fun.
- If you think you might be able to go out, you should ask your friends to bring appropriate clothes and shoes.
- If it's hot outside, you can all bring towels and lie in the sun, but don't forget to put on some sunscreen!
- If it's cold and snowing, you can team up for a snowball fight or to make snowmen!
- You can also go out to take pictures with your friends.
Step 3. Camp
You can camp in your backyard during a pajama party. Get a tent and ask your friends to bring their sleeping bags. You can make a campfire if you have a brazier and you can use it to make hotdogs or bake marshmallows.
If you do it during the winter or if the weather is bad, you can still go camping. Just pitch the tent in the living room and microwave S’mores
- If you're inviting more than one friend, don't invite people who can't have fun or get along with each other!
- Make a list of all the cool things to do before your guests arrive so you don't waste time making this kind of list together. If you don’t have any activity ideas, your pajama party will get really boring.
- Ask your friends to bring some snacks you can share.
- Don't keep your nose on your screens all the time!
- Be respectful if you are invited to someone's house.
- If you are invited, you should make sure to bring a change of clothes in case you get stained.
- Make sure you prepare. You are not going to have fun listening to someone who complains that they have forgotten something.
- Make sure you know if your friends are afraid of something or if they can't eat something.
- Don't do anything that you are not allowed to do.
- Don't go into people's rooms, only your own.